1/6 Hot Toys - HONŌ STUDIO - Spider-Man (Symbiote Suit) Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. Might be my first 1/6 purchase since the HT classic Spidey.

And skinny is fine.

1719578425246.png

This is what I wanted. Proportions aside I like this more than the video game version. I like the more comic accurate suit and the fact that it’s fabric rather than the spandex crap that’ll crack over time. Probably will be my first Hono purchase.

Last edited:
It’s $175 at Sideshow.
So, now HONO is going up in price. Now I expect at least $180 for Thor. At least it correctly has the webs coming out of the top of the hand. If you're going to use suit material such as this, you have to have the figure underneath set right and Pete looks a little too frail here.

Technically in the comics Spidey did get a black suit made of fabric too. This could be considered that version. Either way works for me.
Yep. While they’re selling this as “Symbiote Suit”, I think it works perfect as the cloth version.
mavzhimzeilb1.png

I agree he looks a TAD scrawny, but he looks like he can actually pose up a storm and should be significantly more durable than the Insomniac version. It’s comic-accurate, more affordable, and should have more display variety with the increased posing options.

That sounds like a win to me.

O think they should find a way to give it a wet look. There are fabrics, Spandex fabrics, that look very shinny for example.
Not sure why some fans think the symbiote suit should look wet. :dunno

Never in the comics till much much later did it ever give the appearance of a wet material. I was an avid comic reader from the early 80's till like 2000. No thank you. One of the reasons I hate the look of Venom in the Hardy movies and that black costume video game suit.

Looks good and weird at the same time. Like others, maybe a little too skinny. And he does kinda just look like an upscaled Mezco figure but with a cloth mask head.

I too was looking more forward to seeing the Thor figure.

This is a wait and see for me.

I really wanted to order this but it looks cheap. Definitely gonna sit this one out and wait for the red and blue

Attachments

• IMG_5305.jpeg
    IMG_5305.jpeg
    482.2 KB · Views: 0
I guess to me for $175 I’m not complaining that much. If it was priced like a Hot Toys figure I’d understand more but at under $200 (before tax and shipping) I think it looks good. The body can probably be modded by those who care enough to do so.

I've had the video game black suit pre-ordered since it became available, but this is tempting mainly because of the huge cost difference and I didn't love the game as much as I was expecting to. And my NRD is refundable at this point...

Anyone else here in the same situation? Happy to order the video game black suit as a catch-all for even comic black suit representation, but being tempted by this since it has popped up before the video game black suit figures even start shipping?

I was so close to ordering the black suit from the video game. Had this not gone up I probably would have soon. This has always been my favorite look for Spidey.

I've had the video game black suit pre-ordered since it became available, but this is tempting mainly because of the huge cost difference and I didn't love the game as much as I was expecting to. And my NRD is refundable at this point...

Anyone else here in the same situation? Happy to order the video game black suit as a catch-all for even comic black suit representation, but being tempted by this since it has popped up before the video game black suit figures even start shipping?
I thought the game was trash and was considering cancelling but decided to just keep it as a comic representation.

You're keeping that video game pre-order and not ordering this one?

It's a tough decision for me!
This is just lame looking imo. More expensive than that Wolverine somehow.

It’s literally just a black morph suit with some white on it.

Back