1/6 Hot Toys - HONŌ STUDIO - Marvels X-Men - Wolverine Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even at regular Hot Toys prices I'd be really happy with how this turned out, even better when you consider how much it actually cost! Can't wait to pair him with classic Spidey. Would love a comic Hulk to go with them but generally I'm not a big Marvel collector.

Sucks that they don't appear to be doing DC figures in this line. Would be all over comic based Justice League figures.

This figure looks better in some angles and poses than others. Action poses work better than museum poses in my opinion.

I agree that seeing comic styled DC characters would be swell, but I would prefer them to not take as many liberties as they are here. Don't give Batman ears that are two times too high, don't give Flash armor or wacky lines, etc.

This figure looks better in some angles and poses than others. Action poses work better than museum poses in my opinion.
Agreed. The only problem that could arise from being left in the action pose will be the stress to the silicone at the elbow joint that would undoubtedly lead to ripping/tearing over time left in an arms bent post. That said, I'm very impressed with how much of a full bend the elbows have given how big the biceps are.

Last edited:
You can definitely see why it's so inexpensive, but I'm glad to see it, just as an option. Pleasantly surprised to see it out so soon.

Something to look out for is the gap between the shoulder pad. They attached the shoulder pad to the silicone arm and not on the body so depending on you pose it, you'll see a gap inbetween them. Odd decision there.

YzIgGIj.png

D3KPQAx.png

i5xO4fu.png

Something to look out for is the gap between the shoulder pad. They attached the shoulder pad to the silicone arm and not on the body so depending on you pose it, you'll see a gap inbetween them. Odd decision there.

YzIgGIj.png

D3KPQAx.png

i5xO4fu.png
Other toys with shoulder armor handle this the same way. I recently got a GI Joe Zartan figure and his armor is attached to his arms (presumably glued in that case). It does allow for more arm mobility, but would look very strange if you have the arms bending back or forward and the shoulder.

Watching that video, the claws seem so flimsy that I wonder if it's easy to permanently bend the claws so that they are straight using a dryer. It is also baffling to me that they would include a comic type backdrop with a Wolverine in a completely different costume, though they showed this in the promo shots.

Other toys with shoulder armor handle this the same way. I recently got a GI Joe Zartan figure and his armor is attached to his arms (presumably glued in that case). It does allow for more arm mobility, but would look very strange if you have the arms bending back or forward and the shoulder.

Watching that video, the claws seem so flimsy that I wonder if it's easy to permanently bend the claws so that they are straight using a dryer. It is also baffling to me that they would include a comic type backdrop with a Wolverine in a completely different costume, though they showed this in the promo shots.
I believe Hasbro has the shoulder pads as its own swivel separate of the shoulder so it can rotate freely in the socket. It’s technically a floating shoulder pad but works very well when posed correctly with the arm. HT’s attempt here is amateurish in comparison. It also killed any value in those arms parted out.

I believe Hasbro has the shoulder pads as its own swivel separate of the shoulder so it can rotate freely in the socket. It’s technically a floating shoulder pad but works very well when posed correctly with the arm. HT’s attempt here is amateurish in comparison. It also killed any value in those arms parted out.
That does sound like a good solution. Super 7 doesn't seem to have advanced to that level.

I personally have no probably with the shoulder gap but I can see why it bothers some. However, like many things when it comes to these blogger pics, I’m sure it’s easily futzable in hand to be almost invisible or at leas not as noticeable as these pics suggest.

What I do hope is that a 3rd party makes a good, unmasked headsculpt to go with this.

What's also impressive is that HT has been able to not only retain the detail in the skin texture, musculature and veining during the molding process, but also the detailed paint apps throughout production when you consider Phicen/TBLeague hasn't been able to or willing to invest in that level of detail with their VERY expensive bodies.

Well, there’s always the body swap potential with the sideshow figure instead, especially considering how affordable they are to get second hand now. OR grab the $40-$50 Crazy Toys tiger stripe wolverine and put these Hono shoulder pads on that suit. It’s virtually the same as the sideshow suit, just missing the hard plastic shoulder pads that one comes with.

Only downside with either of those options is your last point regarding the holes in the arms. You’d be exchanging hiding the shoulder gap with hiding the exposed holes

Last edited:
I'm guessing the reason they take forever between announcements is because they've only dedicated 1 production line for the Hono stuff.

This looks like a solid release, and I'm excited to get mine. I guess they dropped the swappable claws, or the reviewers just missed it. Having to cut out the poster for the stand is lame, even for $160.

Ended up ordering one from sideshow with points. Some really good poseability on this guy and they fixed his black lips from the prototype.

This video mostly convinces me this line has promise and justifies itself.

I’m very impressed at how sturdy and poseable it looks, the quality of the materials are great, it has enough accessories and options to provide shelf variety, the silicone arms are quite the achievement, and the value price point is crazy good.

I want more comic-inspired figures like this. Give me a Venom, Doctor Doom, Nova, Modular Armor Iron Man, Storm, etc. I’d be interested.

As stands, this guy is going to look amazing next to my Classic Spider-Man or facing off with Iconiq’s Ryu for a Marvel vs Capcom display.

Jackman’s Wolverine looks great too, but I think I’m going to end up enjoying the display and posing options with this one more. Regardless, Wolverine fans eating good lately.

Back