1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The prototype for this looked soooo much better than the final release.

They really need to remake this figure with a batsuit made from a similar material as their Batflecks or Insomniac Spider-Men.

The prototype for this looked soooo much better than the final release.

They really need to remake this figure with a batsuit made from a similar material as their Batflecks or Insomniac Spider-Men.
That would be perfect. I sold this figure 4 years ago, and every time I see it on evil bay I have to resist the urge to buy it again, I just didn't care for the figure overall but damnit I still love this suit!

some years so I did the body mod on my AC Batman to help the arms sit more flat. But Ive become unhappy with it as of recent and decided to buy a second one to completely overhaul.

My first step was weathering his gauntlets, I've never weathered anything before and really enjoyed the process, really easy and I'm happy with the results. Not completely accurate to the game but I feel the weathering adds to the lived in look, considering he probably wore this suit for many years.

My next steps are:
-Repaint sculpt black
-Custom cape
-swap upper body to something with broader shoulders, as opposed to sanding away under his armpit, Im going to test the DX28 Vader body for this.
-weather body
-stretch the utility belt to sit lower
-tighten joints in the leg area to allow him to stand without a base

Gonna be a fun project to get through.

Attachments

• 1719279103514.png
    1719279103514.png
    11.1 MB · Views: 0
some years so I did the body mod on my AC Batman to help the arms sit more flat. But Ive become unhappy with it as of recent and decided to buy a second one to completely overhaul.

My first step was weathering his gauntlets, I've never weathered anything before and really enjoyed the process, really easy and I'm happy with the results. Not completely accurate to the game but I feel the weathering adds to the lived in look, considering he probably wore this suit for many years.

My next steps are:
-Repaint sculpt black
-Custom cape
-swap upper body to something with broader shoulders, as opposed to sanding away under his armpit, Im going to test the DX28 Vader body for this.
-weather body

Considering getting a second myself when I get the chance. Looking forward to seeing updates on your project.

My next steps are:
-Repaint sculpt black
-Custom cape
-weather body

Good stuff man. Literally everything about this figure is totally wrong, just like all the Arkham figures.

- Cape does not drape over the shoulder.
- Cowl does not have texture.
- Fists are severely undersized, makes him look like a mutant.
- Arms flare out due to the body.
- Suit color is totally wrong and has no weathering and texture.
- Gauntlets and boots are the wrong color and needs weathering.
- Belt sits too high.

Most of these issues can be fixed with mods and I've done all but two that I listed above.

Good stuff man. Literally everything about this figure is totally wrong, just like all the Arkham figures.

- Cape does not drape over the shoulder.
- Cowl does not have texture.
- Fists are severely undersized, makes him look like a mutant.
- Arms flare out due to the body.
- Suit color is totally wrong and has no weathering and texture.
- Gauntlets and boots are the wrong color and needs weathering.
- Belt sits too high.

Most of these issues can be fixed with mods and I've done all but two that I listed above.

i also really dislike the fists, always been a gripe of mine with the figure. I’m curious to see if you have any reference or anything, because I never thought the color of the suit or gauntlets/shinguards were very wrong, but my eyes could deceive me, I haven’t played the game in a few years, just going off of the character trophy.

Realized this figure was pretty over scaled so I gave him some shorter ankle pegs. He is still too tall but very close to accurate, and this helped with his stability a lot.

Vader body did not work out. After swapping a bunch of stuff to get the torso on, it fit the suit weird and bunched up in places it shouldn’t be, so I went back to basics.

Lats sanded and slits added in the armpits. I almost feel I can sand more but I don’t think it would do much more, I’m happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_5773.jpeg
    IMG_5773.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Vader body did not work out. After swapping a bunch of stuff to get the torso on, it fit the suit weird and bunched up in places it shouldn’t be, so I went back to basics.

Lats sanded and slits added in the armpits. I almost feel I can sand more but I don’t think it would do much more, I’m happy with it.
So you're sticking with the original body now?

So you're sticking with the original body now?
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend trying to swap anything on it to be honest, every piece seems to be unique to whatever body they used for it so its a complete pain to swap.

One thing I may consider in the future is using some sculpting to make the shoulder more broad, but with the cape covering that, I don't see too much of a point.

Back