1/6 Hot Toys + HONO - Marvels X-Men - Classic Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely not cancelling this.
Hugh Jackman still doesn’t belong with my SSC, SooSoo, and PT Comic X-Men, even if he is wearing bright yellow.
Exactly. Hugh Jackman Wolverine is way too “realistic” looking to go with the comic look of any of the comic look iterations of Gambit, Rogue, Cyclops etc.

My initial thought was similar, but compared to how great the design and proportions are on the Jackman version this will look pretty bad in comparison. The ridiculously stylized mask wings and claws stand out even more. Why can't hot toys actually do comic figures as they were drawn?

Why can't hot toys actually do comic figures as they were drawn?
I know, right?
sshkqgkm03u31.jpg

Last edited:
I know, right?
sshkqgkm03u31.jpg
Obviously there are exceptions. One that came to my mind was the Wolverine/Havok comic where Wolverine looked absolutely insane. But I'm probably as big of a Wolverine fan as anyone on this forum, and this look is not a standard representation of Wolverine. The exaggerated look makes him seem more like something from What The?? than an X-Men title.

fc6515df8b8222ae9cdf71b55a021935_l.jpg

I think having a definitive movie Wolverine and a definitive comic wolverine on the shelf would be pretty awesome. It's weird that people think that a movie-based figure would replace a comic one. But I guess if you could only have one, you gotta side with your collecting priorities.

I'm hoping that HT announces a comic Deadpool so I can have a comic Deadpool & Wolverine display right next to their movie versions!

Does that work, transferring a preorder? Just asking cause I have another figure I might cancel.
I can’t find the screencaps that someone posted in another thread. But, if I remember correctly, you have to wait until you get the final invoice from Kit before transferring your order to someone else. You can have a verbal/written agreement with someone, but Kit won’t make the transfer until you get the invoice yourself. I believe after that, you notify Kit that you want to transfer to someone else and then he will cancel the invoice he sent you and send the new person the invoice. As for the deposit, I think you have to settle that up with whoever you’re transferring to.

Thought about cancelling but then I looked and saw I only paid $116 for this guy so I’m keeping my preorder. Plus I’m hoping he will be shorter and more accurate. Should contrast well with the movie version.

Back