1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is semi-off-topic, but does anyone think we'll see The Leader again, since he already exists in the movie universe, or are we just ignoring that awesome set-up?

In the comic book that ties into the films, "Fury's Big Week" which is considered canon, Samuel Sterns aka The Leader is apprehended by Black Widow during the ending of The Incredible Hulk, and then in the final issue, it shows that Sterns is in S.H.I.E.L.D. custody and they're keeping him a stasis tube. I heard talks of a supervillain prison in the upcoming Cap sequel, so maybe he'll appear there. Or if the Masters of Evil rumors hold true for the next Avengers movie, I can definitely see Marvel Studios stick him into that movie.

I agree, it would be very cool to see him again.

I have the maquette but I'd love to get this fig too. Looks like a lot of fun just posing him for photos :D

I don't get why peeps are flapping about him having exposed joints, this ain't a statue.

I think a non-flesh toned character of this scale is difficult to pull off without making it look like a so-called "Hasbro" figure. The joints on a standard size, flesh-toned human character are more easily "screened out" by the brain when looking at the figure as a whole - and most of them also have clothes or armor to hide at least a few of them.

It was a complaint levelled at Jake Sully when it first came out, and now Hulk. But Jake Sully lacked personality because of its incomprehensiblly bland expression. This figure is full of attitude, so the visible joints don't bother me at all. Hulk has personality. Personality goes a long way.

This fig looks awesome! Can't wait till mine arrives. Anyone still complaining about this figure, whether about the joints or whatever, should not still be up here posting. At all! I mean, are people that bored or have nothing else better to do than go into a thread of a figure you don't like and bash it? Leave this thread to those of us who love this figure and laugh about us on your way out for being blind by whatever it is you think you see. In my world, the threads I visit are all tootsie rolls to me.

This fig looks awesome! Can't wait till mine arrives. Anyone still complaining about this figure, whether about the joints or whatever, should not still be up here posting. At all! I mean, are people that bored or have nothing else better to do than go into a thread of a figure you don't like and bash it? Leave this thread to those of us who love this figure and laugh about us on your way out for being blind by whatever it is you think you see. In my world, the threads I visit are all tootsie rolls to me.

:exactly:

So, since everyone else is speculating, you really think we might get the shipping notice from Sideshow sometime this week, or early next week?

I think a non-flesh toned character of this scale is difficult to pull off without making it look like a so-called "Hasbro" figure. The joints on a standard size, flesh-toned human character are more easily "screened out" by the brain when looking at the figure as a whole - and most of them also have clothes or armor to hide at least a few of them.

I agree.

I think that some of the pictures I've seen of this figure make it look absolutely fantastic. Some make it look like the Hulk stepped right out of the movie and into a Hot Toys box.

But others... the way the figure is posed... or bad lighting... and sometimes, it looks like a "Hasbro figure". Figures with arms that work this way don't have armpits... just the underside of a ball joint. So when you raise the arms up high... something doesn't look right. I'm not saying that as a reason to hate on the figure (it's something we have to accept from our pose-able action figures)... but if 100% life-like is what a collector is hoping for, maybe statue would serve their needs better.

I also find that with the pictures I've seen, this figure looks best with a natural amount of light, if that makes any sort of sense. Whether the background is light or dark... lighting it such that allows for natural shadows to fall around it really makes it pop, IMHO. If the figure is over-lit, then it can look really cheap (again, IMHO). Conversely, I've seen some pictures lit such that the arm joints seem to disappear (or become much less noticeable).

Hopefully, when we get our Hulk figure, it'll more accurately reflect the great-looking pictures... and not the photos that don't flatter it as much or at all.

It was a complaint levelled at Jake Sully when it first came out, and now Hulk. But Jake Sully lacked personality because of its incomprehensiblly bland expression. This figure is full of attitude, so the visible joints don't bother me at all. Hulk has personality. Personality goes a long way.

And again, I agree. It was the face that really sold me on this figure. The other Avengers characters all seem to have this "Stepford Wives" neutral expression on their faces (well... with Iron Man, it's kind of expected, I suppose). But with Hulk, he's got a ton of, as you said, personality. Something he really needed to have... because if he didn't, he wouldn't be the Hulk (he'd be Banner).

David

$639.99US for the HT Hulk?

Lucille_is_judging_you_gif_arrested_development.gif

Back