1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you!

From the very first moment I saw that mask by Hot Toys I knew I needed it to upgrade my SSC Deluxe Vader.

I also modded the boots, boot armor, padded the body and used SSC ANH undersuit.

If a new Vader is released by HT, with a sculpt as good as this one, but more accurate to ESB, or ROTJ, more glossy, etc. we can always sell this helmet and get the new one. Dont worry too much about the price :D

:lecture It's a big improvement. Seems a bit of a waste for HT to have put the padded suit on him in the first place.

28058379520_36c9c6bf78_o.jpg

Congrats, Kuat. Glad you dig the figure. Mod looks good, but really want to hold off doing it as long as possible.

Congrats, Kuat. Glad you dig the figure. Mod looks good, but really want to hold off doing it as long as possible.

I understand that. Sometimes you have to build yourself up to get round to messing with figures that are already nicely dressed, kitted up and futzed.

I'm putting off removing the copper wires from Han's shirt. There's no indication of any orange-ing to the material.

Don't quite understand why copper would do that anyway, because when copper reacts it goes green with verdigris.

Bit the bullet and removed the fatsuit on mine too. Does indeed improve an already magnificent piece. Thanks for the tips Kuat of Kuat. :duff

2868564941ca66e499b46a8dc0fee2e7_zpsbq3sg8yy.jpg

53528e37e222b5942952cc3748c1eda1_zpsxgn2lyv6.jpg

It looks really nice after that mod. Will have to get around to doing it, don't even have Boba on display atm.

thank you!

From the very first moment I saw that mask by Hot Toys I knew I needed it to upgrade my SSC Deluxe Vader.

I also modded the boots, boot armor, padded the body and used SSC ANH undersuit.

If a new Vader is released by HT, with a sculpt as good as this one, but more accurate to ESB, or ROTJ, more glossy, etc. we can always sell this helmet and get the new one. Dont worry too much about the price :D

The helmet is the most glaring problem...
Vader is the helmet more than anything...it's his trademark haha.

I'm going to try and sell my Deluxe Vader and get the new one. But if It doesn't sell I will be happy with just the helmet upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I followed Karamazov's advice from a while back.

Start with the basics: remove the boots, hands, gauntlets and head.

Take off the belt with the packs on it.

The belt of string I eased down his legs without undoing, to save on any fiddly re-doing later.

Undo the Velcro on the vest and ease it off - the back and collar armour, along with shoulder bells are all attached to it. At first the angles looked impossible!

Take a small flat head screwdriver or flat head tweezers and pry open the side of the codpiece where the square silver peg is showing. I think it was his right hand side that opened. The green plates are lightly glued shut so gentle prising will gradually release the silver peg. It's a nerve wracking moment, but I trusted in Kara's advice. Just don't be too rough with it and it'll open up.

There's also a bit of glue holding the codpiece to the front of the suit. That foxed me for a moment as I couldn't see anything physically preventing it from pulling down.

After that it's easy enough to get the suit off, and remove the white padded underwear, which somewhat resembles a Victorian swimsuit!

Is this the square peg you mean on the codpiece? Because I have that on both sides.
09d62dea7deeb8d181274954bc0e82a6.jpg

I heated it with a hair dryier and it snapped easily afterwards. Not broken, the glue just let it loose.

To me the figure is awesome except the thighs feel a bit fuller than I would like. Above his knees the pants feels snug and I prefer it more loose.

To me the figure is awesome except the thighs feel a bit fuller than I would like. Above his knees the pants feels snug and I prefer it more loose.

Have you tried removing the fat suit underneath yet? from what I've read in this thread that should solve you're issue. I'm happy as he is.

Thankfully I grabbed the last piece in the store. I thought it looks better in-hand than any image.

Will Hot Toys ever make ESB Boba Fett figure, or they aren't allowed because Sideshow already made one?

Back