1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think your custom is way better! Is there an original post I can drool over the details?
What body did you use? etc
ya, my thread got thrown around couple of times by the MODs before it landed here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ehard-beyondthelaw-fightclub-el-merimies.html
haven't really visited the thread in a long time. the more recent (read: better) pics of custom Matrix are somewhere near the back...
all the WIP customs I was working on then are still pretty much just that WIP. been updating them slowly piece-by-piece, but mostly been too busy with work and the kids.

anyhow I'm pretty sure I'm selling the Commando-custom in the near future. and maybe a few of the others...

EDIT: I used a HT Chris Redfield body back-in-the-day.
it's a bit shorter than the new HT, but nothing a couple of long-footpegs can't fix...

Last edited:
tell me about it. in Finland I'm no stranger to taxes. I think overall I'll be paying taxes+ups-fees about 100€ on top of the salesprice+shipping. :monkey4

Sideshow stated that it has begun shipment to countries it can ship straight from China. while they didn't list the countries, this excludes the states and IMO it means most of europe.

I reread the thread and found something I missed. I'm curious, did you get to pay tax or not? I was thinking since it's shipped from China or HK directly it might be a bigger chance of packages slipping through than if it had come from Sideshow in the US.

SS has this listed as an August delivery. Anyone who per-ordered confirm the date?

I got an update status email from sideshow saying port delays and they should be at their warehouse in 3 to 5 weeks so it can start shipping next Wednesday, or mid sept now :/

Hell by now it seems like Oct til he is standing in my detolf

I got an update status email from sideshow saying port delays and they should be at their warehouse in 3 to 5 weeks so it can start shipping next Wednesday, or mid sept now :/

Hell by now it seems like Oct til he is standing in my detolf

Ah the port delay email.....likely mid September :lol

I reread the thread and found something I missed. I'm curious, did you get to pay tax or not? I was thinking since it's shipped from China or HK directly it might be a bigger chance of packages slipping through than if it had come from Sideshow in the US.
short answer, yes. yes I did. no avoiding taxes.
and no. Sideshow runs a legit big corporate business, which IMO means they'll make sure you get to pay your taxes. nowadays it's even listed (estimate) on the product page.
it's a different story if you buy your merch straight from China.

however if you're interested in the long answer, shoot me a PM. let's just say, that there are certain details that might be of interest... :monkey3

Matrix will be in THE BUILDING!

will be billed and shipped out within the next 7 days!!!

but how does sideshow know this for sure ? :/

I knew I was going to get over loaded with everything thing at once . DAM IT !! 7 day notice on Matrix and mark 3 iron man . I'll bet I get a Hawkeyes notice as well . I'm gonna have to cancel something here . Not enough funds for all at once .

I knew I was going to get over loaded with everything thing at once . DAM IT !! 7 day notice on Matrix and mark 3 iron man . I'll bet I get a Hawkeyes notice as well . I'm gonna have to cancel something here . Not enough funds for all at once .

I had a feeling this exact thing would happen so I canceled my mark 3 ex yesterday, Commando takes priority over all other releases, sad to cancel the Mark 3 but still glad I did, can't wait for this:yess:

uhhhhggg:thud: im on the same boat...minus Hawkeye.

I had a feeling this exact thing would happen so I canceled my mark 3 ex yesterday, Commando takes priority over all other releases, sad to cancel the Mark 3 but still glad I did, can't wait for this:yess:

I'm in the same mind as you . THE EX MARK 3 will have to go . Im definitely not canceling Hawkeye . But I'm hoping for more time before he ships . I waiting for a email about him as well . I'm a huge commando fan so this is going to have to take priority .

I'm in the same mind as you . THE EX MARK 3 will have to go . Im definitely not canceling Hawkeye . But I'm hoping for more time before he ships . I waiting for a email about him as well . I'm a huge commando fan so this is going to have to take priority .

Yes sir, not to down play the mark 3 cause its a great figure and It will likely only go up in value even more so than commando, but this commando figure has been on my most wanted list years before it was even a thought to most people. I also can't ignore the pretty bad reception it has received and while the figure is not perfect, I think its pretty awesome looking and I'm more excited to get this than I can remember being about any other figure in recent memory.

Yes sir, not to down play the mark 3 cause its a great figure and It will likely only go up in value even more so than commando, but this commando figure has been on my most wanted list years before it was even a thought to most people. I also can't ignore the pretty bad reception it has received and while the figure is not perfect, I think its pretty awesome looking and I'm more excited to get this than I can remember being about any other figure in recent memory.
:goodpost: Didn't order this yet but I will soon.:yess:

I love that you guys are getting pummeled all at once. Just like me.

I got my scout trooper and speeder bike in the last two weeks. And I know that Han and Chewie are right around the corner.

After seeing the in-hand pics of Matrix, I'm damned close to cancelling. But....it's....Arnold.....

Not sure what to do. Has anyone cancelled?

More so than the MMS238 and/or DX13?

Back