1/6 Hot Toys - MMS315 - Captain America: TWS - Nick Fury Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Forbidden Planet . First time buying from them and did not know they double box the shipper and wrap it in bubble wrap. The Nick Fury was sealed and crispy . Kudos to you Forbidden Planet
That's what I love about a couple of UK retailers I have used... at the least they bubble wrap and then bag the shipper... at best they put it in another box with insulation packaging, much better than paying more and then they forget to package it up (honestly how much is bubble wrap and shipping bags in bulk?)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I got mine from FP today. Good figure but would have been very disappointed if I paid full price but for $150 shipped I feel good about it.

So...how long does it actually take for his face sculpt to have problems ifyou leave the patch on? I've had mine since July and not removed it because I think it just looks weird without it. How long before I'm in some kind of danger zone and I need to just take it off regardless?

So...how long does it actually take for his face sculpt to have problems ifyou leave the patch on? I've had mine since July and not removed it because I think it just looks weird without it. How long before I'm in some kind of danger zone and I need to just take it off regardless?

If I was thinking of selling the figure then I might remove the patch. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter if you prefer him with the patch. There is no timeline for when damage might occur, if ever.

If I was thinking of selling the figure then I might remove the patch. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter if you prefer him with the patch. There is no timeline for when damage might occur, if ever.

Following up on this. I just bought this bad boy today, and the eye patch paint issue is new to me. Is that something I should be concerned with?

Following up on this. I just bought this bad boy today, and the eye patch paint issue is new to me. Is that something I should be concerned with?

Not really. it looks good with the patch and will probably never have high resale value Id say a little staining(if it occurs) is negligible.

I have my 'eye' on this figure. Any issues I should be worried about. I read about the potential staining of the sculpt if you leave the patch on for too long but I haven't seen pictures of this issue.

I was worried about this also. However, I just said ****** it. It's not like you can have him without it because it's a vital part of his outfit and if you never take it off, you'll never know. And if you do take it off and it left some staining, worst case scenario, just buy a new sculpt.

How long hasn't it been out? I had it for at least a year I think... I can't remember because the figure is really boring to me. I only got him because I got it from my local shop for 125 bucks. They were clearing him out at 150 and I got the last one that was in their display case and I have a customer discount so it was a no brianer.

Anyways the patch has always been on mine. No damage at all.

A year sounds about right. Never heard of any problems with this, TWS or CW Falcon's goggles, or the scavenger scarf on TFA Rey staining the sculpt.

Even though the sculpt for this figure I think is spot on, as is the outfit, I do agree that there's really nothing overly exciting about it. It's not exactly one that your eyes would immediately go to when looking at a collection. I got him simply because I have the rest of TWS figures, so I completed the collection. He's like Drax in the sense where you probably wouldn't be inclined to get him as a stand alone figure, but simply to complete a collection or display. Granted Drax is obligatory to complete a group whereas this figure isn't, but if he's the only one you're missing from TWS or you just simply want a Nick Fury figure to add to an MCU display, it's a good pick up.

To make him look as cool as possible, I put the sling on him and posed him shooting his pistol, in the same pose when he shot Pierce at the end of the film. I must say it did help, as it does look neat when posed next to other TWS figures.

I've actually yet to put mine in the shelves. I have the ToysBox light up desk to go with him. While I agree alone he isn't super exciting, he IS Samuel L. Jackson, and just because of that, he's one of the most recognizable faces you can put in your collection; that in itself carries a lot of gravitas. And no doubt he's important to the Avangers as a whole. But when I think about when I bought him, I always was more focused on the fact it was such a good Jackson representation first and foremost.

Back