1/6 Hot Toys - MMS411 - GOTG Vol.2 - Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honestly i dont think the price is that bad. if you parted out each piece it would be more than $227.99. two heads and all the accessories plus a baby groot. Plus realize they have Flex Pay options. most toy companies do not.

And if and when this sells out, it will be far more $$ than $227.99. The Deluxe will probably sell out, the Regular probably won't for a while unless they cut down production sizes.

Plus if you buy from Sideshow you are getting $11.40 reward points. So technically hes $216.59 + shipping. So its not that bad.

shipping and taxes SSC & HTs cannot control.

How many of you are going to swap out the screaming head onto the original Rocket and have him up on Groots shoulders?
I know I am!

problem with that is...the new version has darker fur and it won't match version 1...the 1st one has lighter colored fur

honestly i dont think the price is that bad. if you parted out each piece it would be more than $227.99. two heads and all the accessories plus a baby groot. Plus realize they have Flex Pay options. most toy companies do not.

And if and when this sells out, it will be far more $$ than $227.99. The Deluxe will probably sell out, the Regular probably won't for a while unless they cut down production sizes.

Plus if you buy from Sideshow you are getting $11.40 reward points. So technically hes $216.59 + shipping. So its not that bad.

shipping and taxes SSC & HTs cannot control.

Agreed. Price is high in the sense that...in the hundreds that can be a lot of money for people. But in this business, and with what we are getting, the price is very reasonable. Sure, I'd love to pay $1 for collectibles but the dollar is always going up. Nothing we can do but either accept it and buy, or not. I'm not being a jerk, either. It's just the reality of it.

looks pretty cool, but I have no intention of getting any GOTG 2 figures. Only exception being Yondu. I'm fine with my original set up and whenever the hell Drax will show up.

How many of you are going to swap out the screaming head onto the original Rocket and have him up on Groots shoulders?
I know I am!

That's exactly what I am going to do. Both heads screaming will look fantastic! Assuming Rocket's head comes close to matching the first figure.

I think I might wait out for the Infinity War version next year, which will be announced before they can ship this one out most likely! haha.

I have been buying every MCU Hot Toys up to Avengers 2. Did not but Antman, decide to skip all the Civil War non-Iron-Mans, and also stopped buying everything since then. Pretty sure they will re-release every character next year when Infinity War hits. That would probably be my final full collection of the MCU characters. Well, if the price did not go up too drastically next year that is.....

Considering Yoda is $200, I guess $228 for the deluxe isn't horrible. I just wish it wasn't a year away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a situation. When I look at the quality of the figure, paint, outfit, etc, it's all there, and better than the first. I think the first looks dang cheap, this however looks far more "high end" - and I'm referring to prototype quality all the same, mind you. And then I realize it's a 4" figure. And then I realize I sold a Funko Pop for $220 the other day, comparably.

And when I look at the cost, how intricate the guns are, along with the complexity of the outfit, it's all there.

Keeping in mind that, in the end, the price on this guy is warranted - because he's a plastic mold. This set alone now has:
-New head
-Jet Pack
-Harness
-BFG (many parts, potentially more molds)
-Two intricate pistols
-Toddler Groot

That's 6+ new molds, and anyone who's familiar with the business knows that the metal molds to produce the pieces are unbelievably expensive, the highest part of manufacturing - and here they get only two instances of reuse - GOTG films and cameos in other marvel movies. Which at this point they have Infinity War as the only guaranteed point to use one (the screaming head) of the molds listed above.

But it's a 4" figure.

I feel like I'm going to get suck(er)ed into this because I want the whole team and all that's left are Drax and Rocket for me...but I'm going to try bloody hard to find a lower price.

Not being made of fur makes this an easy pass, though it pains me to say it. Cmon hot toys chewbacca spoiled me.

I would hate to see this with real fur, i have Chewie and he is barely good enough. Rocket being much shorter with a skinner body and shorter hair would look like crap if HT tried it and would add to the price.

The thing is, Chewie is a costume, Rocket is computer generated with so much more character and visual personalisation. He'd be a fuzzy disaster with fake fur..

Meh. Nice looking figure and great for the people that didn't have a chance to grab V.1.

Personally I think il pass though. I already have the original lineup and so far none of the new designs blow me away. Atleast not enough to justify a new version.

Id be open to a Nebula though. And of course il need to try and find a parted out Baby Groot accessory, haha.

Back