1/6 Hot Toys - MMS411 - GOTG Vol.2 - Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the V1 Exclusive StarLord and the Exclusive Groot and Rocket 2 pack, but missed out on Gamora and probably will skip Drax now that he's taken so long to be released.

I think I will likely leave it at 3 from the first film and get them all from V2. Hopefully StarLord will have the short jacket and considering Groot only needs to be an accessory, it will be cheaper in the long run to buy all 5 from this set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not being made of fur makes this an easy pass, though it pains me to say it. Cmon hot toys chewbacca spoiled me.

Yep, it could work....

mossman6_full.jpg

I have no idea why people think Rocket would look good with real hair. Chewbacca has long hair... it is a huge difference between him and rocket. It would like wanting real hair on Starlord because Gamora has it.

I have the V1 Exclusive StarLord and the Exclusive Groot and Rocket 2 pack, but missed out on Gamora and probably will skip Drax now that he's taken so long to be released.

I think I will likely leave it at 3 from the first film and get them all from V2. Hopefully StarLord will have the short jacket and considering Groot only needs to be an accessory, it will be cheaper in the long run to buy all 5 from this set.

That's my thinking. The catalog and photo teases so far have only showed the same characters that appeared in the first movie. Even with the increase in Rocket price I could (if I go down the track) have a collection that represents the original movie guardians across two movies, by only purchasing four figures.

If I did it, it would sort of mirror my Avenger lineup, which is the Avengers from the first two movies, in AoU gear. (I don't really count the twins and Vision as Avengers in AoU)

Pre-ordered it because I'm a huge RR fan...but the price is definitely pushing my limits. [emoji51]

Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that HT is simply trying to gouge people with the prices. Bear in mind there are a handful of reasons why this Rocket could be set at a higher price than the original.

-GotG was a huge success. Marvel may have increased the cost of its licensing for the sequel.

-the cost of materials and/or tooling may have changed in the last couple of years.

-There is no full size Groot to 2-pack Rocket with this year. Guaranteeing that most of their Rockets from GotG1 would sell with a Groot may have made margins more favorable, meaning they could charge less for individual units.

I'm not arguing that the price can be a tough pill to swallow, just bear in mind that there are a lot of factors at play, and it doesn't necessarily always boil down to "greedy company want more money!"

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

honestly i dont think the price is that bad. if you parted out each piece it would be more than $227.99. two heads and all the accessories plus a baby groot. Plus realize they have Flex Pay options. most toy companies do not.

And if and when this sells out, it will be far more $$ than $227.99. The Deluxe will probably sell out, the Regular probably won't for a while unless they cut down production sizes.

Plus if you buy from Sideshow you are getting $11.40 reward points. So technically hes $216.59 + shipping. So its not that bad.

shipping and taxes SSC & HTs cannot control.

I lol at the people that justify $200-$230 for little dinky figures like Yoda and Rocket. I don't even want to know what kind of mental gymnastics a person has to go through to justify the prices on the little guys to feel good about it. Hot Toys is ****ing HUGE now, and some people still want to treat them like they're this little, humble, struggling company that has to bump up the prices on their figures because of licensing. Oh yeah, I'm sure GOTG 2 is super expensive and the likeness rights for Bradley Cooper is really tough on Hot Toys and that's why the fees trickle down to the customer . . .

You got a company like Mezco that also has a ton of these huge brands/licenses and are pumping out 6" figures that are just like this Rocket (detailed sculpts, small/intricate tailored costumes, multiple heads and accessories) and those suckers are $75 tops. Go ahead and google figures like Deathstroke, Armored Batman, the Punisher, etc. and compare it to this Rocket. Hell, compare their $120 Deluxe Punisher to Rocket.

mezco punisher.jpg

I know all these toys and collectibles have been getting expensive, but Sideshow and Hot Toys have been really greedy lately. They're off their rocker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lol at the people paying $200-$230 for these little dinky figures like Yoda and Rocket. I don't even want to know what kind of mental gymnastics a person has to go through to justify the prices on the little guys to feel good about it.

You got a company like Mezco that's pumping out 6" figures that are just like this Rocket (detailed sculpts, small/intricate tailored costumes, multiple heads and accessories) and those suckers are $75 tops. Go ahead and google figures like Deathstroke, Armored Batman, the Punisher, etc. and compare it to this Rocket. Hell, compare their $120 Deluxe Punisher to Rocket.

View attachment 326979

I know all these toys and collectibles have been getting expensive, but Sideshow and Hot Toys have been really greedy lately. They're off their rocker.
Definitely agree with you on this.

Hot Toys is becoming the Gucci, Prada, LV of 1:6 scale.

I don't even want to know what kind of mental gymnastics a person has to go through to justify paying $120 for this pile of rubbery looking crap:

KYS.jpg

Kuat is gonna pay $230 (plus whatever crazy import fees you poor bong land bros have to pay) for a little raccoon. Sad!

Rubber Punisher? ROCKET'S ZIPPER ISN'T EVEN REAL, IT'S A RUBBERY OVERLAY

rubber.jpg

I lol at the people paying $200-$230 for these little dinky figures like Yoda and Rocket...

like clockwork, u insulting people buying things they like and enjoy. if your not interested in something can you try not to offend people who are enjoying something you dont care for? i rather buy a $200 yoda or rocket by HTs than a $80 figure that doesnt represent a movie i love and doesnt look nearly as realistic. huge difference in artistry, detail and design from mezco to HTs. its not even close.

Artistry? There's a studio place here that sells sculpted animals (glass and ceramic, hand painted) that have a more convincing fur texture and paint job than this action figure.

Also, you gotta love how Hot Toys shows those redundant pics of the chest armor and belt pouches for their "everything you get with this figure" photo. Awesome filler, totally not over compensating for a lack of $230 worth of stuff! :lol

redundant.jpg

Last edited:
Never change you guys, never change. You'd defend a $300 turd modeled after your favorite movie character as long as it had that orange and black flame logo next to it.

Artistry? There's a studio place here in Pittsburgh that sells sculpted animals (glass and ceramic, hand painted) that have a more convincing fur texture and paint job than this action figure.

Also, you gotta love how Hot Toys shows those redundant pics of the chest armor and belt pouches for their "everything you get with this figure" photo. Awesome filler! :lol

Sorry, im not with you anymore on this. Now, youre just plain insulting.

like clockwork, u insulting people buying things they like and enjoy. if your not interested in something can you try not to offend people who are enjoying something you dont care for? i rather buy a $200 yoda or rocket by HTs than a $80 figure that doesnt represent a movie i love and doesnt look nearly as realistic. huge difference in artistry, detail and design from mezco to HTs. its not even close.

Yeah i will never understand the "you should spend your money on what i think is good" mentality. If someone wants to spend $10,000 on new iWatch, i'm happy they are doing well enough to afford it. I might think it's crazy but i will never put them down for it. Are HT overpriced? yes and we all know it but if you can afford it then i don't see a problem.

Yeah i will never understand the "you should spend your money on what i think is good" mentality. If someone wants to spend $10,000 on new iWatch, i'm happy they are doing well enough to afford it. I might think it's crazy but i will never put them down for it. Are HT overpriced? yes and we all know it but if you can afford it then i don't see a problem.

I got two iWatches and they weren't $10,000, not even close. :lol Now the 18k gold one is though, but that's different, it's gooooold.

If this Rocket here were gold plated, well that would be a completely different story. I would totally understand. In fact, I'd encourage Hot Toys/Sideshow to increase the price of Rocket by double, hell make it triple if they make lil' Groot gold too! Very fair when you consider their 14K Midas Iron Man and 10K gold Stormtrooper were only about $220-$300.

yup and he insults people constantly. insults members here and all the toy companies all the time. i have finally put him on ignore. just so sick of him insulting nice people on this site who are here to have a good time. hes been doing it for years and years. and i hope he puts me on ignore as well.

the first HTs i bought was about $150 back in 2006 and the quality, detail and design are no where near what we have today 11 years later. i collect HTs figures. thats what i collect. i dont buy too much other stuff because i want to save my $$ for HTs figures. they are the best 1/6 company and they make characters i love from movies i love. i got into this hobby knowing it will be expensive but they are always improving and doing amazing things. so im willing to support them and all their talented artists. they bring me a lot of joy so i am going to support them. and because i buy from SSC i get a lot of reward points so i rarely pay retail. and if there is something i cant afford, so be it. not going to curl up into a ball and certainly won't insult people over it.

so buy what you want and enjoy the hobby. thats all that matters. :)

I lol at the people paying $200-$230 for these little dinky figures like Yoda and Rocket. I don't even want to know what kind of mental gymnastics a person has to go through to justify the prices on the little guys to feel good about it. Hot Toys is ****ing HUGE now, and some people still want to treat them like they're this little, humble, struggling company that has to bump up the prices on their figures because of licensing. Oh yeah, I'm GOTG 2 is super expensive and the likeness rights for Bradley Cooper is really tough on Hot Toys and that's why the fees trickle down to the customer . . .

You got a company like Mezco that also has a ton of these huge brands/licenses and are pumping out 6" figures that are just like this Rocket (detailed sculpts, small/intricate tailored costumes, multiple heads and accessories) and those suckers are $75 tops. Go ahead and google figures like Deathstroke, Armored Batman, the Punisher, etc. and compare it to this Rocket. Hell, compare their $120 Deluxe Punisher to Rocket.

View attachment 326979

Don't like it don't buy it.

On the one photo of Rocket (posted here) other figures from Vol 2 are in the background. Star lord has a long coat, you can see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back