1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to order this Captain America for (new look obviously) that one scene where he catches the spear. One of the coolest superhero entrances ever, just have to have that look.

definitely one of his more badass moments. although cap has quite a few of those over the years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe there will be a classic Cap :pray:

42161654_716709212001872_1769773048484855808_n.jpg

Someone on Facebook noticed that the ETA for this has been moved up from Q1-Q2 2019 to November-January. Not much of a leap, but it's something.

Someone on Facebook noticed that the ETA for this has been moved up from Q1-Q2 2019 to November-January. Not much of a leap, but it's something.
Yeah it's crazy to think we may be getting this figure as soon as next month. They released Thor and Groot sooner than expected too. I hope Dr Strange gets moved up. I guess they're trying to beat the tariffs, I don't recall this many figures releasing ahead of schedule in such a short period of time.

Maybe they are ready to announce some of the Avengers 4 figures? there has to be a date when they can start showing stuff from that movie and i bet its coming up fast. There was always a three year gap between all the films, but not on this one. I bet Hot Toys is doing everything they can to not gut any sales from infinity war... Some collectors will cancel once the new versions are shown, people love the latest and greatest :)

Yeah it's crazy to think we may be getting this figure as soon as next month. They released Thor and Groot sooner than expected too. I hope Dr Strange gets moved up. I guess they're trying to beat the tariffs, I don't recall this many figures releasing ahead of schedule in such a short period of time.

Trust me it's happened before. I got 3 or 4 figures months early right around Christmas about 3 years ago. Seems like they are early or on time most of the time.

I doubt it's because of A4. Some IW figures are still pretty far out like War Machine is not due until early 2020.

Trust me it's happened before. I got 3 or 4 figures months early right around Christmas about 3 years ago. Seems like they are early or on time most of the time.

I doubt it's because of A4. Some IW figures are still pretty far out like War Machine is not due until early 2020.

Huh. I still can't believe the wait on Ragnarok Loki. Tho I wouldn't mind getting Cap early.

But:
https://www.joc.com/port-news/terminal-operators/ocean-reliability-woes-fluster-us-import-pick-predictability_20180815.html

It’s virtually impossible for beneficial cargo owners (BCOs) and trucking companies to plan their pickup and delivery schedules with any degree of accuracy, thanks to trans-Pacific and trans-Atlantic reliability hitting lows of 35 percent, and rail delays and chassis dislocations at major US ports adding to the supply chain logistics uncertainties BCOs face.
Vessel schedule integrity

Vessel schedule integrity in the major east-west trades has been running a dismal 34 percent to 70 percent this year, due primarily to congestion in origin ports in Asia and Europe, as well as fog delays in Shanghai and winter weather problems earlier this year in Europe. Also, increasing cargo volumes this peak season are playing a role. Vessels are consistently arriving one or two days late at large ports including Los Angeles-Long Beach, New York-New Jersey, Norfolk, Savannah and Charleston gateways, forcing the terminals to assign extra work crews and unload the vessels late into the night.

Makes me wonder if for a MOST wanted fig it's worth ordering direct from Hong Kong and paying the premium, 'coz in theory that would ship by air?

Since the release changed, and I signed up for a payment plan, is it just going to start when it was originally supposed to, or will they contact me to change that? I wasn't really counting on this releasing so soon but my order still have the original details for the payment plan.

Since the release changed, and I signed up for a payment plan, is it just going to start when it was originally supposed to, or will they contact me to change that? I wasn't really counting on this releasing so soon but my order still have the original details for the payment plan.

I had to ask them to move them up with Thor and Killmonger. They won't do it automatically. But that reminds me that I should for this as well.

Hey guys! Can anyone pinpoint the date that the email was sent out letting us know this figure will be early? I dont recall ever getting one. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Maybe they are ready to announce some of the Avengers 4 figures? there has to be a date when they can start showing stuff from that movie and i bet its coming up fast. There was always a three year gap between all the films, but not on this one. I bet Hot Toys is doing everything they can to not gut any sales from infinity war... Some collectors will cancel once the new versions are shown, people love the latest and greatest :)
That's true, but there are others, like me, who love having the different versions of characters. I'm super excited for this grizzled Cap figure and I'm equally as excited to pre order the newest version, esp after seeing what the new suit looks like. I'm even hoping for an A1 re-release since I missed out the first time. I think it very possible that we see a much updated version of one. Or at least I hope so

Just received the same email, i can't get enough of infinity war so bring it all on :) hopefully strange will be coming soon too, might need to switch them all from bigbadtoystore to sideshow just because i'm so impatient.

Figures like Iron Man and War Machine are gobbled up. Whereabouts people might only want one Thor or Hawkeye, there are plenty of collectors that want 7, 8, 50 Iron man. War Machine is way out because of this lack of pressure to release, and the after markets for these in particular are crazy, even with all the versions in existence.

Thor, Black Widow, Captain America are key characters, though people don't for the most part collect these beyond 1 or 2 of the character. But they are likely to sell older version to get the latest one. A4 Cap for example might be the best one yet, and I wouldnt be surprised to see AOU and Civil War figures hitting Ebay once announced.

I think the release dates originally stated were conservative, but I also think HT is being logical on what should be pushed up due to another wave that will be announced . It is just good business.

That's true, but there are others, like me, who love having the different versions of characters. I'm super excited for this grizzled Cap figure and I'm equally as excited to pre order the newest version, esp after seeing what the new suit looks like. I'm even hoping for an A1 re-release since I missed out the first time. I think it very possible that we see a much updated version of one. Or at least I hope so

Yeah, I love having different versions of my favs. Loosely on the shelf Cap's arc is grouped by movies, more or less. Cap, Bucky, Natasha, Falcon, SW. Others like DS I don't feel like I need more than one (IMO his first release was stellar).

Dunno if I will leap on getting IW Cap in, or not. Probably:lol! Got the e-mail today too.

I want to see final version pictures of this figure. I really want him but his face looks a bit off in the proto. If he lookes the same or worse I'll just wait for the IW2 version.

Back