1/6 Hot Toys - MMS752AE The Joker (Batman Imposter Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next one..

Howard Chan's effort to make this happen as a collectible figure will be turned into a major Hollywood movie - in dramatic scenes his wife will be heard saying things like ''I don't know who or what you are anymore!'' and ''don't you see, your quest to make this... this Iron-Joker is tearing this family apart?!!'' intermixed with imagery of a grimacing Howard looking to the sky with tears in his eyes and smashing detolfs in apparent frustration and despair.

I'll admit that the visual of the grenade rig in the cape is an inspired design/gag.

And this is kind of a cool, kooky idea....for a custom. Something that would fit in with those weird Hot Toys Batman customs they displayed at the Japanese fair a few years back (which finally got auctioned off last year).

But as a full-fledged, official product, it's just lazy. It's a lazy reuse of existing components, which have just been repainted. Components which we've seen made and sold and resold across multiple iterations at this point. It's even lazier because the concept doesn't even make sense from a character perspective. I can see the Suicide Squad Impostor Batman being a somewhat plausible "What If?" from that universe, given the characterization of Leto's Joker (and the slightly more comic-booky nature of that world). But Ledger's Joker wouldn't have dressed like this, even in an alternate, spinoff timeline.

Hot Toys' Toys Fair Exclusives for the Batman lines have always been better than this, whether it was truly original characters (Bat-Demon / Scarecrow, SWAT Gordon), much-upgraded figures honoring the characters with modern techniques (BR Joker 2.0, Two-Face 2.0), or slightly-altered but nevertheless unique presentations of characters that hadn't been iterated over and over (Armored Batman with Battle-Damage).

Given that they're releasing two new Keaton figures, including the 1989 Batman 2.0, I would have thought that a Battle-Damaged 1989 Batman would have been a no-brainer. They would get to mostly reuse all their components, while providing a slimmed-down figure (that could be justified to have fewer accessories than a full 1989 Batman release) either for those that want a Keaton Batman at a slightly better price-point, or for those who have the DX 09 and aren't looking to upgrade to a 2.0 but might be tempted by a truly alternate look, or for those who are completionists.

There's a lot of nostalgia for Ledger's Joker and there's a lot of nostalgia for Keaton's Batman.

But there's no nostalgia for a neon Ledger Joker that never existed.

I'll admit that the visual of the grenade rig in the cape is an inspired design/gag.

And this is kind of a cool, kooky idea....for a custom. Something that would fit in with those weird Hot Toys Batman customs they displayed at the Japanese fair a few years back (which finally got auctioned off last year).

But as a full-fledged, official product, it's just lazy. It's a lazy reuse of existing components, which have just been repainted. Components which we've seen made and sold and resold across multiple iterations at this point. It's even lazier because the concept doesn't even make sense from a character perspective. I can see the Suicide Squad Impostor Batman being a somewhat plausible "What If?" from that universe, given the characterization of Leto's Joker (and the slightly more comic-booky nature of that world). But Ledger's Joker wouldn't have dressed like this, even in an alternate, spinoff timeline.

Hot Toys' Toys Fair Exclusives for the Batman lines have always been better than this, whether it was truly original characters (Bat-Demon / Scarecrow, SWAT Gordon), much-upgraded figures honoring the characters with modern techniques (BR Joker 2.0, Two-Face 2.0), or slightly-altered but nevertheless unique presentations of characters that hadn't been iterated over and over (Armored Batman with Battle-Damage).

Given that they're releasing two new Keaton figures, including the 1989 Batman 2.0, I would have thought that a Battle-Damaged 1989 Batman would have been a no-brainer. They would get to mostly reuse all their components, while providing a slimmed-down figure (that could be justified to have fewer accessories than a full 1989 Batman release) either for those that want a Keaton Batman at a slightly better price-point, or for those who have the DX 09 and aren't looking to upgrade to a 2.0 but might be tempted by a truly alternate look, or for those who are completionists.

There's a lot of nostalgia for Ledger's Joker and there's a lot of nostalgia for Keaton's Batman.

But there's no nostalgia for a neon Ledger Joker that never existed.
Those Batman protos that got auctioned off last year are exactly what this Joker made me think of.

Hot Toys just posted blogger photos for their hologram Maul and trooper, that were both solicited as exclusives at the same time. This thing is going to release before the real TDK version. :lol

Shown at Sideshow Con

mbP3Mt9.png

N6e6Def.png

Sculpt and hair looks great! The hair looks better than what INART did. Bodes well for the purple coat version and all the other Artisan figures.

Tempted to get this now to get that sculpt.

Back