1/6 Hot Toys - MMS752AE The Joker (Batman Imposter Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the Jokerized version I would buy:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240717_172014_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240717_172014_Samsung Internet.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I believe he had the Luke Skywalker for sale.
The Artisan or the standard? How are they splitting 4K units between other retailers? Seems messy if true.
Yeah, this is just for those who want the sculpt and not piss off the ones who paid for the artisan.
Too late.

This figure can go right along with all of the garbage Suicide Squad Hot Toys.

It will probably be cheaper than the Artisan edition, but they probably want to milk the crap out of the Artisan sculpt. I agree it sucks butt. I was able to secure a preorder on the Artisan and also get the JND Studios one. But if I had not, I would have probably gotten this and update a DX Joker or use it for a custom

Artisan is exclusive to Sideshow.

And it’s a timed window? Kit must not expect a lot of purchases if he’s confident he can cover as many orders he receives.

OSK tends to put exclusives up for order but with the disclaimer on the product page in big red letters that he may not be able to fulfill any or all the orders. But, unlike other places, he’ll refund your NRD if he can’t fulfill it

It will probably be cheaper than the Artisan edition, but they probably want to milk the crap out of the Artisan sculpt. I agree it sucks butt. I was able to secure a preorder on the Artisan and also get the JND Studios one. But if I had not, I would have probably gotten this and update a DX Joker or use it for a custom
I mean it doesn’t really suck to me, I also have those and customs. I mean it destroys any desirability Hot Toys was planning their Artisan Joker to have, you can now source everything from the exclusive to 4000 long sold out Joker, a year later before it’s even released.

OSK tends to put exclusives up for order with the disclaimer that he may not be able to fulfill any or all the orders. But, unlike other places, he’ll refund your NRD if he can’t fulfill it
Oh alright that’s good news about the NRD but extremely risky to bet on if you really want it.

This is the exact type of thing that should be limited if you must make it at all. I still see a new Bank Robber coming and probably Interrogation as well.

Most likely all using the same sculpt.

But yeah, it doesn't make sense to make this Artisan.

But yeah, it doesn't make sense to make this Artisan.
Hot Toys' decision to even create an Artisan line was a reactionary marketing gimmick to compete with another company... as are most of their decisions. Hot Toys with Hair™. Eh, at least they include most of the other bits and bobs with the non-Artisan deluxe editions.

It’ll sell out because of the rooted sculpt, not because of Joker. The standard DX32 is still available for PO a year later.
Of course.

But the body without hands/head/feet would make for a great suit display. I wonder why we don't do that more often with previous figures.

Use their suits to put on display. Huh.

Of course.

But the body without hands/head/feet would make for a great suit display. I wonder why we don't do that more often with previous figures.

Use their suits to put on display. Huh.
Must not be familiar with customs, that’s how some characters sit for years. :lol

All jokes aside I pondered the idea of doing that with the DX08 suit in the parade look when the Yunsil suit ships and replaces it.

Must not be familiar with customs, that’s how some characters sit for years. :lol

All jokes aside I pondered the idea of doing that with the DX08 suit in the parade look when the Yunsil suit ships.
Yeah, customs are generally out of my price range so I don't give a lot of attention to them, sadly.

Yeah, customs are generally out of my price range so I don't give a lot of attention to them, sadly.
Well if you’re interested enough in that rabbit hole all it really takes is cutting back on most releases. I have 6 preorders currently.

Firstly.. this is stupid, but it's typical for Hot Toys.

Secondly.. is it the same sculpt as their Artisan? If so, other than that being lame, it just cheapens their other release.

And lastly, this is a desecration of Ledger in my book. Making a custom is one thing, but merchandising this is in poor taste.

Back