1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: Episode III ROTS - Kit Fisto Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its complicated. I dont have a lot of respect for Jedi as a whole, due in large part to Karen Traviss and her absolutely devastating breakdown of what makes them so bad. There are some Jedi I like and respect. But the Jedi as a whole were *stupid.* Their insistence that personal relationships are bad blinded them to the fact that 1. Humans are hard-wired to have personal relationships of various kinds, and in fact really NEED them... this uncaring attitude honestly twisted them quite a lot. 2. this blindness was their undoing. You're not going to tell me that how they treated the clones did not factor into how Order 66 went down. The Jedi bought and paid for that.

What would a being like Yoda know of how humans think? Everything is academic to such as he.

Enough of that. But.

There's always Luke Skywalkers and Kenobi and Anakin figures around. They are a constant in the HT lineup. And I need all of those people! But there is no urgency to purchase, because another one is always coming down the pike. And I might like that one better.

Will we get another Kit? DOUBT. So with him, there is urgency. And I bought him. He is what a Jedi should be, kind and wise and very skilled. He is noble. I'm not gonna miss out on him.

Other nonhuman Jedi I would buy: Ayla Secura. If we got Ventress, I would buy Quinlan Vos. He is flawed and interesting. I would buy Plo Koon. I would DEFINITELY buy Saba Sabatyne. I'm forgetting others. I want Bardan Jusik! will never happen.

[Actually Kit isn't my first Jedi. My first is Etain Tur'Mukan.]
I would love to add Aayla Secura and Quinlan Vos to my collection.

[...] That being said, it seems like Karen’s breakdown of the flawed Jedi ways were spelled out pretty well across the movies no? However I didn’t resent them as only a few stood out as the arrogant stubborn blind a-holes but I still found endearing i.e. Mace, Ki Adi, and at times Yoda. The rest were caught in the crossfire and just followed orders as illustrated in the Clone Wars. I felt sympathy for Jedi that weren’t calling the shots, but merely going along with the plans because ‘someone higher up’ told them to. Exactly the ones you listed above 😁.

At the end of Traviss' book "Hard Contact," Omega squad has infiltrated a planet in order to capture a key Separatist scientist. They join forces with a Jedi padawan and succeed in their mission. The padawan, the captive and two of the squad of four are at the rally-point, and the other two members are 10-15 minutes out but booking it. Communications are out for reasons I wont bore you with, so no one can talk to the latter two.

A Jedi general named Arligen Zey decides that they have the captive in-hand, its all good so lets take off and strand the other two commandos on an alien planet. They don't matter, these highly-skilled operatives are disposable - and who cares what happens to them, really. They completed their mission well within the time limits, they did everything perfectly. But eh.... f them. We'll just leave them. Like they were two empty crumpled-up potato chip bags, and not the pinnacle of the cloner's art, like they were not impossibly skilled warriors, like that would not separate them from the only home and "family" they'd ever known.

I'm reading a fictional book and my hair is nearly standing on end with rage. This doesn't end up happening, the other two commandos finally show up and everyone goes home. But Zey, he was going to trash them just because he could.

This exact attitude was a big part of why the Jedi, in their turn, got trashed. I could give other examples from other works but that would be too exhaustive.

Regarding the flawed Jedi way:

Even though Dave Filoni thinks “Anakin is the greatest Jedi”, I respect his opinion, but I disagree because Luke is the greatest Jedi, the one that actually went against the flawed Jedi code and beliefs and succeeded.

Anakin is not the greatest Jedi, one of the most powerful? Sure. But greatest? No. This is not entirely his fault, but still. The greatest is most likely Luke, he does his best to embody all the qualities of a Jedi and never swerves from the way. And he is monstrously powerful. That never once goes to his head. He forgives his father, who has tried to kill him and his friends numerous times. That guy offed entire planets. Yet Luke extends forgiveness and does not let him die alone. That's how you do it. [ Iam ignoring the ST]

Contrast that with Yoda's "If you die you die, too bad so sad. Prepare to lose all that you hold dear." Inspiring, that Yoda is.

Anyhoo, the more I look at HT Kit the more I like him! Gah, we have to wait till next year damn it.

Last edited:
Its complicated. I dont have a lot of respect for Jedi as a whole, due in large part to Karen Traviss and her absolutely devastating breakdown of what makes them so bad. There are some Jedi I like and respect. But the Jedi as a whole were *stupid.* Their insistence that personal relationships are bad blinded them to the fact that 1. Humans are hard-wired to have personal relationships of various kinds, and in fact really NEED them... this uncaring attitude honestly twisted them quite a lot. 2. this blindness was their undoing. You're not going to tell me that how they treated the clones did not factor into how Order 66 went down. The Jedi bought and paid for that.
I have some questions here. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Plo Koon, Aalya Secura and Ahsoka all made it a priority to treat their clones very well, doing everything they could to keep them alive and never treating them as beneath them. Then you have Obi-Wan, Anakin, Qui-Gon, Ahsoka and Kanan Jarrus who definitely had no bias against personal relationships, three of those even having personal relationships themselves. And of course there's Luke's entire belief system that there's good in everyone.

I know you said you like some Jedi and respect those ones but would you not buy figures of those Jedi who were actually good people? Or had good heads on their shoulders and did things the right way? Yes there are plenty of bad Jedi who lost what it meant to be Jedi but I think there are still plenty worth getting attached to.

At the end of Traviss' book "Hard Contact," Omega squad has infiltrated a planet in order to capture a key Separatist scientist. They join forces with a Jedi padawan and succeed in their mission. The padawan, the captive and two of the squad of four are at the rally-point, and the other two members are 10-15 minutes out but booking it. Communications are out for reasons I wont bore you with, so no one can talk to the latter two.

A Jedi general named Arligen Zey decides that they have the captive in-hand, its all good so lets take off and strand the other two commandos on an alien planet. They don't matter, these highly-skilled operatives are disposable - and who cares what happens to them, really. They completed their mission well within the time limits, they did everything perfectly. But eh.... f them. We'll just leave them. Like they were two empty crumpled-up potato chip bags, and not the pinnacle of the cloner's art, like they were not impossibly skilled warriors, like that would not separate them from the only home and "family" they'd ever known.

I'm reading a fictional book and my hair is nearly standing on end with rage. This doesn't end up happening, the other two commandos finally show up and everyone goes home. But Zey, he was going to trash them just because he could.

This exact attitude was a big part of why the Jedi, in their turn, got trashed. I could give other examples from other works but that would be too exhaustive.

One thing I loved about the Clone Wars series is it made Clones awesome. I loved the phase 2 designs, kinda went ham buying as many SSC Clones as my wallet allowed. Have some shinies, seasoned, Rex and Wolf that despite them having craptastic stock bodies, I LOVE them. And knowing some of them got their chip removed and survived way past Order 66, I was relieved. So I’m with you, anytime a Jedi treats the clones as expendable, they deserved to get got when 66 was executed. But the ones that were cool with their troops, I felt bad for of course.

Just wanted to share these shots of my clones from my reviews 😁

IMG_2324.jpeg

IMG_2317.png

IMG_2334.png

Anakin is not the greatest Jedi, one of the most powerful? Sure. But greatest? No. This is not entirely his fault, but still. The greatest is most likely Luke, he does his best to embody all the qualities of a Jedi and never swerves from the way. And he is monstrously powerful. That never once goes to his head. He forgives his father, who has tried to kill him and his friends numerous times. That guy offed entire planets. Yet Luke extends forgiveness and does not let him die alone. That's how you do it. [ Iam ignoring the ST]

Contrast that with Yoda's "If you die you die, too bad so sad. Prepare to lose all that you hold dear." Inspiring, that Yoda is.

Anyhoo, the more I look at HT Kit the more I like him! Gah, we have to wait till next year damn it.

Yup. Which is why Luke is the greatest. You got all these once revered ‘teachers’ telling you to do the one thing because of so and so…but he was like “Nah Fam, there’s another way”…

Then for the ST to be like “so Luke is gonna go against everything he did in ROTJ. Aren’t we brilliant??”

The less we speak of that abomination, the better it is for us 🤣🤣

I have some questions here. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Plo Koon, Aalya Secura and Ahsoka all made it a priority to treat their clones very well, doing everything they could to keep them alive and never treating them as beneath them. Then you have Obi-Wan, Anakin, Qui-Gon, Ahsoka and Kanan Jarrus who definitely had no bias against personal relationships, three of those even having personal relationships themselves. And of course there's Luke's entire belief system that there's good in everyone.

I know you said you like some Jedi and respect those ones but would you not buy figures of those Jedi who were actually good people? Or had good heads on their shoulders and did things the right way? Yes there are plenty of bad Jedi who lost what it meant to be Jedi but I think there are still plenty worth getting attached to.

Those Karen Treviss books came out prior to TCW where there was less emphasis on the relationships between Jedi/Clones, where the relationship of the Jedi/Clones changed and Lucas and company wanted a more brother in arms and friendships/relationships between the Jedi and the clones.

Personally was never a fan of her books and the way she wrote them, though there are some Republic books that came out during the original series that are such a great read.

I might well buy other 1/6 Jedi that I respect. Of course I would.

p.s. Great bunch of SSC clones you got there, Brooklyn. Always love to see those boys.

I always change not only the pose of HT jedi character, but also their attire, with/without their robe, hooded or not

Now, with HT fisto, he can't be hooded... So, in the CW series (I haven't finished watching it...), does he always goes full braid? So he can't get hooded, to go stealth in a mission?

I think trying to hood those lekku...? would be extremely difficult. They're long and they look heavy. I don't ever recall seeing him hooded in TCW. Or even in art pieces.

I love how he flings off the cloak like TAA-DAAA! CHECK OUT MY ABS! ❤️

I keep meaning to watch this series. I need to get to it.

It is a lot of fun, short, and quick episodes with very little dialogue but the animation and action pieces make up for it.

As a clone fan, you'll be asking for a Fordo figure immediately after you finish.

galactic-republic-arc-troopers.gif

Back