1/6 Hot Toys - TMS116 - Ahsoka series: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Thrawn is a surprisingly hard character to display right. He’s such a cerebral character. Even live action/animation struggles to really capture him. He’s very well suited to literature where his intelligence and thought process can be more naturally conveyed. Displaying a thinking character isn’t as straightforward as it may seem.

Yeah, Thrawn is a surprisingly hard character to display right. He’s such a cerebral character. Even live action/animation struggles to really capture him. He’s very well suited to literature where his intelligence and thought process can be more naturally conveyed. Displaying a thinking character isn’t as straightforward as it may seem.
They forgot to give him glasses, in true anime fashion

Mine came yesterday from TBA. Impressed with it. Excellent likeness. Noticed also what was described further up the posts as damage to the jacket. However I think it’s meant to be like that as the patches are in the exact same place.

Attachments

• IMG_6031.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Mine came yesterday from TBA. Impressed with it. Excellent likeness. Noticed also what was described further up the posts as damage to the jacket. However I think it’s meant to be like that as the patches are in the exact same place.

He's looking good.

Yes, that's intended wear on the uniform to replicate his appearance in the show.

Though it looks like HT didn't really want to have to do it, so toned it down for production along with making him slimmer. Howard likely preferred having a more classic and cleaner rendition of Thrawn.

Thats correct. In the show the collar and a few other places had damage too. This diagram shows where.
Screenshot_20240830_214641_Chrome.jpg

Cushin wore a shirt under his tunic as he was cold. However Mikklesen did not.
Mikklesen also had a bit of a gut and more extensive damage on his outfit. The HT figure isn't accurate so some white cuffs would hide wrist joints and blend in with the rest of the white. That or have exposed wrist joints because simply extending the sleeves of the tunic will be too difficult for most folk.

Thrawn is trapped and can't come home yet, just as he was in Ahsoka.

2024-09-01 09:23 CN / Flight departure delay

2024-08-31 22:10 CN / Flight departure delay

2024-08-31 17:00 Hand over to airline.

:impatient:

CN / Flight departure delay

Last edited:
Don't know what's going on with him:

2024-09-04 16:25 CN / Transport delay.

2024-09-02 12:28 Departure from the original airport

2024-09-01 09:23 CN / Flight departure delay

2024-08-31 22:10 CN / Flight departure delay

2024-08-31 17:00 Hand over to airline.

:unsure:

EDIT:

This is likely the problem -

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/southern-china-braces-super-typhoon-yagi-2024-09-05/

:panic:
It's probably that stowaway Ezra Bridger causing all of this trouble for.....oh wait, I forgot that HT couldn't be bothered to make ALL the key characters from the show. Nevermind...

Back