1/6 Hoy Toys - TMS 087 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Crosshair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And some of us simply didn't have the means to pre-order it at the time and by the time I went to order him he was waitlisted. Never got a conversion and simply not paying those ridiculous aftermarket prices.

Cancelled my Hunter and Echo as a result and never bothered PO'ing Wrecker or Tech.
In my case, I was a little late to the Bad Batch party but once I watched through the first couple of seasons, I really enjoyed it and decided that it would be cool to have the whole crew. Similar circumstance where I realized the aftermarket on this and quickly made the decision that if I couldn't have the whole crew I wouldn't bother. Now that the BB is in my rear view mirror by a few months, I'm ok with that decision. Still love the show and the crew but ok with not having to prioritize space and funding for them.

We both clearly disagree on this issue. I think collectors gaslighting everyone into believing in fake fomo is no one’s fault but their own.
See you keep saying "everyone" but it wasn't everyone, it was a few people.
You believe that collectors had a right to believe it was a fake sales tactic. I disagree.

If you want it, preorder it. This hobby shouldn’t be based on trying to get everything at a discount. You aren’t collecting figures at that point, you’re collecting discounts.
Again, not everyone was waiting for it to go on discount. Most people get by in this hobby by budgeting, once you clear some pre-orders then you can make more. By the time I went to pre-order Crosshair, at full price - not at a discount, he was waitlisted and never got a conversion and probably never will at this point.
Also, why can’t you get wrecker and tech without Crosshair? Season 1 and 2 Crosshair was nowhere to be seen other than the empire so it’s more than feasible to have a complete team without Crosshair.
Because that's not the team that I and many others want in the collection, we want Crosshair as part of it.

It's a problem when there's a near endless supply of Hunter and Echo figures, and only a fraction of that number for Crosshair.

Yes Hot Toys overproduction and shelf warmers was a problem, but suddenly just cutting stock short for a figure halfway through a line isn't exactly a great idea either.

Another run of the figure wont hurt anybody except the flippers trying to 4x their money.

In my case, I was a little late to the Bad Batch party but once I watched through the first couple of seasons, I really enjoyed it and decided that it would be cool to have the whole crew. Similar circumstance where I realized the aftermarket on this and quickly made the decision that if I couldn't have the whole crew I wouldn't bother. Now that the BB is in my rear view mirror by a few months, I'm ok with that decision. Still love the show and the crew but ok with not having to prioritize space and funding for them.
Indeed.

Again, not everyone was waiting for it to go on discount. Most people get by in this hobby by budgeting, once you clear some pre-orders then you can make more. By the time I went to pre-order Crosshair, at full price - not at a discount, he was waitlisted and never got a conversion and probably never will at this point.

Because that's not the team that I and many others want in the collection, we want Crosshair as part of it.

It's a problem when there's a near endless supply of Hunter and Echo figures, and only a fraction of that number for Crosshair.

Yes Hot Toys overproduction and shelf warmers was a problem, but suddenly just cutting stock short for a figure halfway through a line isn't exactly a great idea either.

Another run of the figure wont hurt anybody except the flippers trying to 4x their money.

Indeed.
It was absolutely NOT just a few people 😂

Indeed.
You also act like people knew Crosshair was going to be hard to get so flippers got ahold of him.

So which is? Did people know or didn’t know? You can’t contradict yourself by saying no one knew but also say people did know and were exploiting it.

Wait this guy is worth money now? Mine has been in his box since I got him. Opened it, didn't like the posing limitations and then boxed him up into storage since :lol
same with Echo, Hunter and Wrecker.

I'm waiting for Tech before opening them again

You also act like people knew Crosshair was going to be hard to get so flippers got ahold of him.

So which is? Did people know or didn’t know? You can’t contradict yourself by saying no one knew but also say people did know and were exploiting it.
You truly are a master of the strawman.

People scalping doesn't mean they knew it would be limited. They could either A: be folk who ordered for themselves then once they noticed it was limited they decided to sell theirs for as high a price as possible or B: people who bought them above retail knowing they could flip them for even higher. I bought mine close to RRP at release because I was in China at the time so knew it was super limited already when it had waitlisted and never went back up for order. Had I been a bit of a scalper I would have bought several and held them till the price was high on secondary market then flipped them. In fact, I may know of a full set of crosshair armour and weapon for about 100 quid. I bet I could buy it and flip that for a few hundred if so inclined. I can prob source the full figure boxed for a few hundred if I get the chance to go looking while in China. Anyone with connections in asia or who lives there could do a bit of scalping even if paying above RRP to do so. Profit is profit.

You don't need to be nostradamus to take advantage of a situation.

Last edited:
Wait this guy is worth money now? Mine has been in his box since I got him. Opened it, didn't like the posing limitations and then boxed him up into storage since :lol

You’re sitting on a gold mine and don’t even realize it lol

You truly are a master of the strawman.

People scalping doesn't mean they knew it would be limited. They could either A: be folk who orderex for themselves then once they noticed it was limited they decided to sell theirs for as high a price as possible or B: people who bought them above retail knowing they could flip them for even higher. I bought mine close to RRP at release because I was in China at the time so knew it was super limited already when it had waitlisted and never went back for order. Had I been a bit of a scalper I would have bought several and held them till the price was high on secondary market then flipped them. In fact, i may know of a full set of crosshair armour and weapon for about 100 quid. I bet I could buy it and flip that fir a few hundred if so inclined. I can prob source the full figure boxed for a few hundred if I get the chance to go looking while in China. Anyone with connections in asia or lives there could do a bit of scalping even if paying above RRP ro do so. Profit is profit.

You don't need to be nostradamus to take advantage of a situation.
Agree to disagree 😂

You can say whatever you want but I’m done with this topic. Collectors cried about how it was fake fomo and they should NOT preorder it because it was a sales tactic and now those same people are the ones crying they missed out.

And now the people who preordered multiples are the problem? If anything those were the smart people because they didn’t fall for the propaganda.

I preordered mine day one despite people telling me not to. I don’t need to “prove” anything. If you weren’t there to witness it then of course you’re going to deny it.

My philosophy is if you want it, just preorder it. Don’t anticipate a “deal” later on because if that’s how you view it then you clearly don’t want it bad enough. And I paid full price for Echo and Hunter as well.

Calling someone a scalper because they bought extras to sell is so ridiculous. It’s not like this figure was limited edition like Scorch where there was a set number available from the start. You could have easily ordered 10 if you wanted.

This was a nice discussion, cheers. Hope people can find Crosshair for a good deal because it’s a great figure and I do genuinely feel bad people missed out, but at the same time, lots of it is their own fault.

I don't care about his monetary value. Heresy, I know.

I dont quite know how to put it. When I want a figure, I want it and I'm pretty much keeping it if I can get it. I think trying to purchase in order to flip later, OR! waiting till the twelfth of Never so you can get it cheap is a fool's game either way - although I admit thats exactly what I did with Bo-Katan. But she matches other figures in my collection....

I have figures frankly not worth as much as I paid for them. I have figures that are quite valuable. I love them all and will not budge no matter the secondary value.

In other news, IMO NONE! of these clones pose well. Not a single one, really. I frankly think HT should quit having these blogger photos done showing Commander Cody in a split, firing two blasters while turned 90 degrees at the waist, they are deceptive advertising - but HT does not care what I think. 🤔

Good thing I really gambled with Hot Toys giving us the whole team and pre ordered Crosshair.

It also helps that pre ordering windows where I'm from closes within a month so a decision needs to be made...

Just hoping Tech gets released...

Back