1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all about value and having something limited.
Like Hyperdrive said it's cool. I like it that way personally.

I'm sure John doesn't see it as shooting yourself in your foot has he's clearly not doing this to make profit.
It's going to sound cliché but he does it for the love of that character and the hobby.

Btw his next project will not be limited and therefor cheaper. 👍

Actually they don't always turn out poor, you can get really good one that are almost identical.

It's controversial but I personally don't mind recasts if it's the last option but I will always avoid it if I can get an original.
Especially Joker sculpts but also custom sculpts in general have become the collector’s equivalent to an expensive watch such as a limited Rolex. The only downside is that these do not increase in value as much as a watch and it is more of a niche product. These pieces will most likely keep their value at best over time.
I wouldn’t see these as an investment. That would be quite a dangerous bet.
Although I’d be able to spend a few k on a collectible item I personally prefer the „budget“ variant by HT or Inart or whoever. The money saved can be invested in better ways providing a more financially relaxed life that I get more satisfaction out of.
5k for example equals a great two week family vacation or a good investment in certain stocks.
Summed up it really depends on your personal wealth. If the amount is nothing specail for you and money is not an issue, all power to you. If the wife is sending you to the couch because your spending a few grands for a Barbie doll head, you should maybe reconsider if she is right.

The way I see it; if a custom artist does a limited sculpt run- never to be repeated because that would offend people on that run- then it doesn’t actually hurt the artist at all if their sculpt then gets recast.

The artist has made all the money they decided they were ever going to make off of it and the quality of the original can never be entirely recreated with recasts, so the integrity of the original is safe.

The only people who get upset are the ones on that limited run who either feel they should be the only collectors in the world that deserve to own that sculpt because they were in the right place at the right time with the right finances etc. or they wince at realising they could have had an only slightly lower quality head for a significantly lower cost, or they’ve assigned a negative moral value to the practice of recasting and feel icky participating.

If anything, recasts could generate decent exposure for artists and ultimately be a gateway for the uninitiated into the custom world.
I’m only just started to dip my toe in- but I do find the prices quite prohibitive for all but my absolute most diehard beloved IPd.

Last edited:
The only people who get upset are the ones on that limited run who either feel they should be the only collectors in the world that deserve to own that sculpt ... or they wince at realising they could have had an only slightly lower quality head for a significantly lower cost

Pretty much what has been going on for years now. Recasting is a reality. Sometimes even motivated by the artist themselves. And over time I have seen many advocates of creator rights succumb to the reality that is recasting.

I do understand the frustration and anger when a small run's piece is stolen and recast for a quick profit with shrunken soft versions on ebay.

Remember Diver4 on ebay? Is he even still around?

dc comics joker GIF

i thought this was a joker thread

respectfully:

Then let the thread die. The customs thread does exist right?

whenever I see this thread get bumped, I’d click on it thinking I’m gonna see some new pics or videos. Maybe some mods to hair or paint…but it was nothing but custom this custom that. I’d do a double take on the thread title to make sure I’m in the right place 😄😄.

I mean, it’s cool to see some different takes on ledgers face or some sculpts featuring a multitude of expressions every now and then, but as some have expressed: it is the InArt Joker thread. Figures come and go and their time in the spotlight is limited.

rocky-if.gif

It was just a little conversation about custom, no need to be upset. We're back at talking about the Inart figure.

And for those who wants to talk about custom Heath Ledger Joker stuff I'll see you on the custom thread.

Back