1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I could miss that one...
1722705376735.jpeg

It’d be sick if John Wu did another Joker head with the “tired” eyes, but with a smile, based on the scene where he’s talking to Rachel at Bruce’s party for Harvey. “Now I’m always smiling!”

a83376a488b3167e899f84a1f7750a643351566e.gifv

Would someone be able to ask him about that?
I don't want to spoil the party but I don't think he will produce another sculpt from the same scene. Right now he has other plans.

Was that head not already a commission?

If everyone in the "small run" is in the US, maybe he could call it the small "American run"...?
If we want to try making this happen, I’d be more than happy to pitch in. That expression would be awesome, and John nailed the eyes on that “sleepy Joker”. That look, with his yellow teeth, would be darn near definitive.

If we want to try making this happen, I’d be more than happy to pitch in. That expression would be awesome, and John nailed the eyes on that “sleepy Joker”. That look, with his yellow teeth, would be darn near definitive.

Oh, you're talking about a new smiling version? I thought you were talking about a small 2nd run of the sleepy version.

Oh, you're talking about a new smiling version? I thought you were talking about a small 2nd run of the sleepy version.

Oh I was thinking of one based on the gif I posted, but honestly a run of the sleepy one would be awesome too.

@DiostaR Can you ask about a potential run for us dumb Americans too? :lol

2 samples painted by John himself, 1 sample painted by Heise for John and one is in the making from Yuan for a customer serving as a sample but technically it's not.
And of course more to come. Like Cap said he sold 15 sculpts overseas and more in China. The stock was cut in two.
What do you mean the stock was cut in two?

I did something today, which was quite liberating.

20240803_144406.jpg

On the right the box and its content. On the left the plastic bin I fit everything in (2 full bodies, wrapped in bubblewrap).

I was getting annoyed with the box, and figured whenever I sell everything I don't want, I won't ship it in the huge box anyway. And I won't be selling anything until after the HT releases, so I'll be sitting on this for a while longer.

Ultimately I'm still happy I got the deluxe. All these new releases and customs are just making it easier for me to modify mine. It's still a great base that needs some modding to truly shine.

Out of the box, HT seems to have this beat, but I'm confident I can get this at least to where I won't feel the HT is superior anymore.

Well hey, according to his Instagram bio he takes commissions. Maybe a few of us could pool funds and get a special small run done just for us? :faq
He takes painting/rooting commissions, he's not a sculptor.
He commissioned that headsculpt himself to Yixie and then he produced it and sold It to get his money back of course but also to offer a new option to the community too.
But it has to be something he wants himself above all, does that make sense ?

If you really want that you'd have to commission it to Yixie yourself and produced it yourself basically, or someone that share your enthousiasm for it would need to do that.
What do you mean the stock was cut in two?
Pretty much like roan said except that I believe it was 15 overseas and 20 in China.
Oh I was thinking of one based on the gif I posted, but honestly a run of the sleepy one would be awesome too.

@DiostaR Can you ask about a potential run for us dumb Americans too? :lol
That's not going to happened, if he makes a reissue it loose value and most of the collectors that got one will feel betrayed unfortunatly and it's just not something that they do usually.
It would look like he's trying to make more money on everyone's back if that makes sense.
So yeah... That's not going to happened.

One of the collector bought one and recasted it unfortunatly so ultimately if you want one you could get one... But don't send that to John, he might not like that. 😅

Also he replied that he doesn't like that expression much and he won't do a project for another sculpt from the same scene.

Last edited:
Back