1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He takes painting/rooting commissions, he's bot a sculptor. He commissioned that headsculpt himself to Yixie and then he produced it and sold It to get his money back of course but also to offer a new option to the community too.
But it has to be something he wants himself above all, does that make sense ?

If you really want that you'd have to commission it to Yixie yourself and produced it yourself basically, or someone that share your enthousiasm for it would need to do it.

Pretty much like roan said except that I believe it was 15 overseas and 20 in China.

That's not going to happened, if he makes a reissue it lost value and most of the collectors that got one will feel betrayed unfortunatly and it's just not something that they do usually. It would look like he's trying to make more money on everyone's back if that makes sense.
So yeah... That's not going to happened.

One of the collector bought one and recasted it unfortunatly so ultimately if you want one you could get one... But don't send that to John, he might not like that. 😅

Also he replied that he doesn't like that expression much and he won't do a project for another sculpt from the same scene.
What’s the point of having “limited run”? All it takes is 1 person buy into the run & to recast and make available to anyone who wants it. You are shooting yourself in the foot. You get more money if you simply allow it purchased from you (ex John Wu). Unreal Toys seems to be the better way financially. I don’t care if something is limited or not. I just want great sculpt. That should be all that matters. Plus the people getting involved in run know it’s going to get recast. It’s a Yixie joker sculpt for crying out loud lol

Plus he’s painted rooted other recast joker sculpt (i have 2 from him).

What’s the point of having “limited run”? All it takes is 1 person buy into the run & to recast and make available to anyone who wants it. You are shooting yourself in the foot. You get more money if you simply allow it purchased from you (ex John Wu). Unreal Toys seems to be the better way financially. I don’t care if something is limited or not. I just want great sculpt. That should be all that matters. Plus the people getting involved in run know it’s going to get recast. It’s a Yixie joker sculpt for crying out loud lol

Recasts always turn out poor.

I personally don’t care if something is limited or not, but if it is, it’s a bonus. Limited stuff is cool.

It's all about value and having something limited.
Like Hyperdrive said it's cool. I like it that way personally.

I'm sure John doesn't see it as shooting yourself in your foot has he's clearly not doing this to make profit.
It's going to sound cliché but he does it for the love of that character and the hobby.

Btw his next project will not be limited and therefor cheaper. 👍

I personally don’t care if something is limited or not, but if it is, it’s a bonus. Limited stuff is cool.
Actually they don't always turn out poor, you can get really good one that are almost identical.

It's controversial but I personally don't mind recasts if it's the last option but I will always avoid it if I can get an original.

Last edited:

Yeah these recast sculpts of mine are super duper crappy
Luly0314, Heise and Yixie. Maybe I should swap one of them for the awesome inArt joker sculpt. What do you think 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_6211.jpeg
    IMG_6211.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6206.jpeg
    IMG_6206.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5939.jpeg
    IMG_5939.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yeah these recast sculpts of mine are super duper crappy
Luly0314, Heise and Yixie. Maybe I should swap one of them for the awesome inArt joker sculpt. What do you think 🤔
You’re asking the wrong guy here cause I only buy licensed stuff or in the case of customs, I’d get the intended/actual custom and not a recast, which I see it as a poor imitation/stealing someone else’s work.

best practice is to buy original work but some people don't care about original work in this hobby, they want whats cheapest. you make a project with a set limit with the intention of sharing it with only the few that join. its an act of betrayal if a participant decides to spit at you by recasting your work. its not healthy for the custom hobby, people will create small cliche/groups to share their work personally with those they trust the most instead of foul collectors that steal to profit off of their work by recasting

best practice is to buy original work
I agree, original work is always the way to go if you have the opportunity to get it.
Recasts should be last ressort or if you really don't have the budget.
It sucks but I can't blame someone getting one because they always wanted a custom sculpt but can't afford an original.
It's something I can totally understand.

best practice is to buy original work but some people don't care about original work in this hobby, they want whats cheapest. you make a project with a set limit with the intention of sharing it with only the few that join. its an act of betrayal if a participant decides to spit at you by recasting your work. its not healthy for the custom hobby, people will create small cliche/groups to share their work personally with those they trust the most instead of foul collectors that steal to profit off of their work by recasting

Reminds me of sneakers. If I miss out on a limited drop, and don't want to pay resale, I miss out, and wait for something else to catch my eye. Id never buy those **** replica shoes no matter how close they are to the original. Same case here.

Regarding a potential 2.0 I think it should be 5 years minimum between remaking the same figure. If they do this before they even get to Batman, Selena and Bane it's in pretty poor taste if you ask me.

An accessory pack with a new laughing sculpt, stand with an acrylic pole, shotgun, bazooka etc would be a happy medium before a full 2.0 later on.

I also rather buy original work from the artist. It feels disrespectful to buy a recast. Some people dedicate a lot of time to get those sculpts as perfect as possible, look at Heise he spent around 2 years to perfect it.

Why buy a cheap recast to then have an expensive painter paint it? If you don’t have the funds for an original, then the custom game isn’t for you, sorry.

I also rather buy original work from the artist. It feels disrespectful to buy a recast. Some people dedicate a lot of time to get those sculpts as perfect as possible, look at Heise he spent around 2 years to perfect it.

Why buy a cheap recast to then have an expensive painter paint it? If you don’t have the funds for an original, then the custom game isn’t for you, sorry.
For me it’s not about me being cheap/or saving money.

Yixie/Mike Yuan Joker Smirk Sculpt has long been sold out. No other way to get it.
I started collecting last yr but only started getting into customs this yr. Would have loved going to original source but I wasn’t getting anywhere with that.

The Luly0314 sculpt I bought from eBay. It was already painted & rooted by John Wu. I thought when I bought it was original. It wasn’t until I got and saw the 0 with slash for the number that I realized it was a recast. It didn’t take anything from it as looks great.

The Heise sculpt again I bought on eBay and it was already painted by John Wu. I suspected it might be recast but I wasn’t sure. Got the sculpt. It looked great. Checked the card and it has 0 with slash for number.

Again I have no issue paying more to get original sculpt but if that’s impossible, then recast it is (if it’s something I’m passionate that I want and it looks great)

Then wait for another sculpt to come by. So many Ledger sculpts have come out over the years. There’s a lot of sculpts I would like to have, but sold out is sold out.

Don’t buy anything from Ebay. Stick to the forums or Instagram. If you find original work on Ebay it’s way overpriced. I saw a Yixie sculpt painted by Yuan for $2.3k.

Trust me it’s better to support the actual artist than buying from a recaster that stole someone’s hard work.

Back