1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GI JOE: Recovery at Serpent Temple. It works great for Indy. In fact, it looks more "Indy" than GI JOE!

I use Sideshow's GI JOE: Desert Weapons Cache for Cairo and Tatooine.

ab0ef60b-2202-4d51-ba7c-47e54a445ee6_zps02282473.jpg

7f7baa3b-8d7e-4bbb-b60d-428a2c018132_zpsaf587c16.jpg

Last edited:
I believe it the gi joe diorama. Serpent something....

Best,

Robert

Thanks!!

GI JOE: Recovery at Serpent Temple. It works great for Indy. In fact, it looks more "Indy" than GI JOE!

I use Sideshow's GI JOE: Desert Weapons Cache for Cairo and Tatooine.

ab0ef60b-2202-4d51-ba7c-47e54a445ee6_zps02282473.jpg

7f7baa3b-8d7e-4bbb-b60d-428a2c018132_zpsaf587c16.jpg

Wow! That dio looks great in both cases!

Here's a couple pics of the final product. Sorry I'm not a very good photographer.

1152b6afc8ea68afbd1b03d2c39f0f67.jpg

30072391830674f84b7920cee2a13dab.jpg

That's an awesome paintjob. The sculpt just doesn't scream "Ford" to me. But, it does seem to say "Indiana Jones".

Thanks, I really like this sculpt. I wish I had spent a little more time on the stubble though. Anyway it's all sealed and done. Rahmier84 and Rogerbee's advice about Dullcote and Pledge futures was very helpful. Thanks guys! I've done a lot of painting, just never on models or minitures.

Great paint work!

What's weird is I see HF in the first pic but not the second pic. What is it with this guy's likeness? :lol

That Choi sculpt under different conditions looks a little Sean Penn and even a little Steven Spielberg, but I've seen pics where it's dead-on HF.

But yeah, that hat - while painted/weathered beautifully - always looks a size too small.

I've really struggled with the tiny fedora myself. I tried the hot toys fedora and while it does fit, it just doesn't look right either. I saw where someone modded the head so that the inigou fedora would fit and that seems to be the best option yet.

You did a really nice job there. What is throwing the hat off for me is that Ford wears it with the pinch just above his right eyebrow. No matter which hat I've had, it's always looked right when I've angled it that way. I'm sure I read somewhere that Spielberg wanted a fedora with a tall crown in Raiders specifically for the silhouette shot as he enters Marion's tavern. I'm sure other hats, even in that movie, didn't have such tall crowns.

Back