1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the outfit actually looks pretty decent there, but even on that smaller body the head looks painfully small.

The heads really are strangely small, especially in height, which is apparent when placed nose to nose with other female sculpts.

Was there a legitimate reason for this?

I looked through various photos of Ana de Armas, and she does actually have quite a small head.

t%C3%A9l%C3%A9chargement-1.jpg

Ryan+Gosling+Ana+de+Armas+Blade+Runner+2049+qO_CuhN2YPAl.jpg

97695-1532336916.jpg

I reduced the height of the figure as much as I could - I removed the feet and ankle pegs to get the legs down into the boots. She's about 27cm tall (not including boot soles). Therefore she's now too short for the actress. The ideal height would be 28cm.

This is getting into VTS Furiosa territory, who only measured 26cm tall, whereby the figure is dropping out of 1/6 and into a smaller scale. This seems to be a trend due to the greater availability of small female bodies, but with Black Box it was completely avoidable since they recommended the Phicen S18A. Yet they then completely disregarded the scale they should've been working to.

Nevertheless, I can't help but like the figure, just as I like the look and quality of Furiosa. But neither are really serving their intended purpose.

Joi will be more workable, but it's going to be dependent on the scale of Supermad's K and D.

This is getting into VTS Furiosa territory, who only measured 26cm tall, whereby the figure is dropping out of 1/6 and into a smaller scale.

I have found that the vast majority of Hot Toys figures fall into the "smaller than 1/6 scale" category.
And i don't mean this like it's a bad thing.
They only really have a few different bodies(Male *And* Female) to choose from, and only occasionally source a newly-tooled body.
The Man Of Steel figures were massive compared to other HT figures, and the original Avengers Hulk was famously properly 1/6 and towered above the other figures.
But in general, Hot Toys and their accessories are *not* true 1/6.
When i am getting weapons and armour 3d printed for Hot Toys figures, i go with 1/7.2 for the sizing, and everything works out correctly.
Scale Joi to that and see how she works out. It might be closer than you think.

I have found that the vast majority of Hot Toys figures fall into the "smaller than 1/6 scale" category.
And i don't mean this like it's a bad thing.
They only really have a few different bodies(Male *And* Female) to choose from, and only occasionally source a newly-tooled body.
The Man Of Steel figures were massive compared to other HT figures, and the original Avengers Hulk was famously properly 1/6 and towered above the other figures.
But in general, Hot Toys and their accessories are *not* true 1/6.
When i am getting weapons and armour 3d printed for Hot Toys figures, i go with 1/7.2 for the sizing, and everything works out correctly.
Scale Joi to that and see how she works out. It might be closer than you think.

Well, a 180cm man or woman would be 25cm tall in 1/7.2 scale... no HT figures are that small...

I aim for 1/6. Height can usually be added or subtracted quite easily. Width, if necessary, can be added with padding.

However, the size of a sculpt dictates whether the scale of the body needs to be increased or decreased.

Furiosa is a great looking figure, though not 1/6. Rather than going to the effort of scaling her up, which would entail a new, larger sculpt, I resigned to treat her as a teenage version of the character.

The issue with Joi isn't so drastic, though it would be if I shortened the body even further to accommodate the under sized sculpt.

If necessary I can fudge the illusion of extra height by using a taller stand when Supermad's K and D finally arrive.

Of course. It doesn?t work for all. But many accessories and parts are too large in full 1/6.
some figures are too tall and others are too short. The Delorean can hardly fit the Doc and Marty figures, lol.

The Delorean is too small? ...that would really bother me if I had it [emoji51]

There used to be pics in the Delorean thread where it was tough to close the door on Doc and Marty's heads. And that their feet didn't fit in the car.
I have only opened my Delorean once, lol.

There could of course be many reasons for that. Like the figures can?t sit flush to the seat and don?t sink in and bend like in real life... or the car is just too small. That would be terrible.

There could of course be many reasons for that. Like the figures can?t sit flush to the seat and don?t sink in and bend like in real life... or the car is just too small. That would be terrible.

Yeah. I haven't measured the car myself.
If they didn't fit, i'd take off their shoes.
But that might not be enough.

Yeah the Furiosa head was pretty small compared to the standard HT head, but I found it still translated fairly well to a taller body when I did my mod. Possibly because of the shaved head. But I'm not sure I really see the same potential here.

Well at least they're trying to make it right. Just seems like there are plenty of issues that arise on every figure they produce, so I'm glad to see that they are being resolved and not just getting shoved out the door to meet deadlines. I hope this company doesn't go under with all the delays and reworks on every figure.
What's 5 more months of waiting right? :slap:dunno

Well at least they're trying to make it right. Just seems like there are plenty of issues that arise on every figure they produce, so I'm glad to see that they are being resolved and not just getting shoved out the door to meet deadlines. I hope this company doesn't go under with all the delays and reworks on every figure.
What's 5 more months of waiting right? :slap:dunno

Yeah I agree. Glad they are at least trying to make it right. But there is a limit. Get your ###t together and concentrate.

Sounds like my teenage son is running Supermad :lol

Yeah I agree. Glad they are at least trying to make it right. But there is a limit. Get your ###t together and concentrate.

Sounds like my teenage son is running Supermad :lol

Yeah I?m not upset by them making the figure better, it?s just annoying that it?s being done this far in. They could have just gotten it right AND THEN put it up for preorder, not the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on Facebook...delayed again. This time problems with blaster and boots.

The boots issue was pointed out to them way back, when they were making fun of the Blackboxtoys figure, but I'm guessing they were too busy laughing to notice. At least Blackbox actually produced a figure. I'm beginning to doubt that "Hunter D" and "Hunter K" will be completed. :(

The best way for Supermad Toys to make up for these seemingly endless delays if the announced a 2019 Rick Deckard, Roy and Rachel (huh, first time I've noticed all three first names start with "r" like "replicant") in November and delivered them in Q1 2020.

The best way for Supermad Toys to make up for these seemingly endless delays if the announced a 2019 Rick Deckard, Roy and Rachel (huh, first time I've noticed all three first names start with "r" like "replicant") in November and delivered them in Q1 2020.

I don't know. I say just let them get this one done. If they start on anything else this will get delayed even more if that's possible :lol

From my understanding of things, I guess they might put something else up for pre-order to get money to finish the previous figure. So if they're going over budget on this, then we may see them start more figures to help pay for previous releases, thus starting the domino effect of mass delays which can ruin a companies reputation fast.
:dunno
I'm still holding out hope, but the way that they've conducted business so far has me worried. Making fun of the BlackBox figure wasn't a great start, but if they can produce a high end product on a low end budget this will keep them in good graces with collectors. Who hears of a 1/6 figure in the low $100's anymore? Most 1/12 figures are already reaching that price point!

Back