1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
prototype
s-l1200.jpg

final
164728bvsnu0n3n33it2s3.jpg

prototype
a196013db75aae53.jpg

final
164726q32b8srmd0bvr608.jpg

Hmm. Not the best proto-to-production translation. Something is definitely off about the likeness. But also not the worst. Heck, not even the worst ive seen today.

In related news, Ninjetti Kimberly is up at OSK.
110633qls83h5k3r0s3rrk-528x668.jpg

110657i1u71ltxng5f55to-528x668.jpg

110705k4mwn44nmpt1qnn4-528x668.jpg

110707omtqm42omki2x40q-528x668.jpg

110651glusm6lxm11stmuz-528x668.jpg

Oh my.

Yeah, I’ll be getting all the Ninjetti even though production Tommy looks like an absolute imposter. The outfit is still there.

Although, an even bigger downgrade than the sculpt is the loss of the nice fabric bunching on the proto.
It’s like an entire part of the costume is missing- and maybe it actually is a separate piece that just hasn’t been attached…
IMG_0012.jpeg
IMG_0013.jpeg

That’ll be 3 sets of MMPR for my collection; show suits, Ninjetti, and Movie suits- but only display space for one group… whoops.

Last edited:
Oh my.

Yeah, I’ll be getting all the Ninjetti even though production Tommy looks like an absolute imposter. The outfit is still there.

Although, an even bigger downgrade than the sculpt is the loss of the nice fabric bunching on the proto.
It’s like an entire part of the costume is missing- and maybe it actually is a separate piece that just hasn’t been attached…
View attachment 708897View attachment 708898

That’ll be 3 sets of MMPR for my collection; show suits, Ninjetti, and Movie suits- but only display space for one group… whoops.

I think my Tommy custom head looks better, although it isn't perfect.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 16.45.41.png

Kimberly looks slightly better but still off

Those Ninja versions look good to me…I always wondered if it was a copyright law or something that in the actual tv season when they were in the Ninjetti outfits their faces were completely covered up instead of wearing the masks in the film. I mean every part of the outfit was the same except the masks

Maybe three zero should’ve made one more fully covered Head :sneaky:

Those Ninja versions look good to me…I always wondered if it was a copyright law or something that in the actual tv season when they were in the Ninjetti outfits their faces were completely covered up instead of wearing the masks in the film. I mean every part of the outfit was the same except the masks

It was more of a stunt-man reason. They had different stunt performers on the TV show… and some of those “girls” were played by men. The full mask helped hide that fact.

When it comes to power rangers, if I can’t see their faces, I just assume it’s not the American actors in the suits.

Also, these Ninjetti and movie suits are by Toy Battallion and are unlicensed. Not part of the ThreeZero line.

Back