12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

Adventure Heroes Dr. Henry Jones
465731009df_Main400.jpg

You know, I actually see more Connery in this than the DS figure, that's bad.

EVERY Diamond Select figure I saw looked like garbage.

Trevor's sculpt obviously trumps that one but man that herringbone tweed is fantastic.
How come Ss cant find that fabric?

I dnt wanna sound like a big nit picker but why do alot of sideshow headsculpts still look like plastic cheap doll heads !!!! I cnt understand it, the sculpts themselves look mighty awesome but the finish on them just dnt give it that extra wow...on the other hand hot toys have devised a way to produce skin and hair texture...why cnt sideshow do this !!! I so badly want a indy figure. The clothing looks 100% bang on but the head sculpt is where it counts and its just not there....maybe its just because of the way the photos have turned out but as far as i can tell there still looks to be a smooth face on the sculpts....can anyone confirm if sideshow have lately improved there head sculpts ? I've never bought a sideshow fig until the Darth Vader release so i wouldnt know !

The DST looks very shifty... that or he's got a horrendous dump brewing :lol

Sorry Trev, your Henry Sr. sculpt's been bested :lol

IMG_3173.JPG

hehe....this looks like that guy who does Connery on the Jeopardy spoof that used to be on Saturday Night Live when Will Ferrel was a regular.

"I'll take the ^^^^^, Trebeck!"

"That's "The "Pen Is", Mr. Connery"

"That's not what your wife said, Trebeck! HA!"

That sculpt is pretty scary ...

I dnt wanna sound like a big nit picker but why do alot of sideshow headsculpts still look like plastic cheap doll heads !!!! I cnt understand it, the sculpts themselves look mighty awesome but the finish on them just dnt give it that extra wow...on the other hand hot toys have devised a way to produce skin and hair texture...why cnt sideshow do this !!! I so badly want a indy figure. The clothing looks 100% bang on but the head sculpt is where it counts and its just not there....maybe its just because of the way the photos have turned out but as far as i can tell there still looks to be a smooth face on the sculpts....can anyone confirm if sideshow have lately improved there head sculpts ? I've never bought a sideshow fig until the Darth Vader release so i wouldnt know !

Because it's not a $150 figure. :rolleyes:

We really don't need to start this conversation in here.

lol okay fair enough...someone said because its not a $150 figure...thats fair enough but someone as iconic as Indy should get a $150 figure treatment...he deserves it !!! Hot Toys pick this license up !!!!!!!!

lol okay fair enough...someone said because its not a $150 figure...thats fair enough but someone as iconic as Indy should get a $150 figure treatment...he deserves it !!! Hot Toys pick this license up !!!!!!!!

You actually make a valid point. A lot of HT's figures don't cost $150 yet they manage to get they're paint apps as well as everything else looking very nice. SS's paint apps is the worst in the business though IMO, with the exception of a few gems.

On the other hand, I do really like Henry's paint in this pic. :rock Hopefully this is what we'll see for the production piece.

You actually make a valid point. A lot of HT's figures don't cost $150 yet they manage to get they're paint apps as well as everything else looking very nice. SS's paint apps is the worst in the business though IMO, with the exception of a few gems.

On the other hand, I do really like Henry's paint in this pic. :rock Hopefully this is what we'll see for the production piece.

If HT actually had an LFL license, I have no doubt we'd be dropping the same price as the Predators for the figures, at $169+. So add that to the equation. I keep saying this, but that's over a 60% increase in price. You really can't rationalize Sideshow's Indy line being 60% less in quality than anything HT would do. At that price, I see them pricing a lot of collectors out of the market and I only see HT improving Indy, to be honest, by slapping him on a TT with better paint apps.

As far as Sideshow's being the worst in the business, perhaps you should visit the Young Indy thread and take a long, hard look at the $150 Young Indy.

Back