12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

The hats off.. its actually a black and brown checkered pattern up close. Far away it looked black.
sean-conneryHenryJones.jpg

If HT actually had an LFL license, I have no doubt we'd be dropping the same price as the Predators for the figures, at $169+. So add that to the equation. I keep saying this, but that's over a 60% increase in price. You really can't rationalize Sideshow's Indy line being 60% less in quality than anything HT would do. At that price, I see them pricing a lot of collectors out of the market and I only see HT improving Indy, to be honest, by slapping him on a TT with better paint apps.

As far as Sideshow's being the worst in the business, perhaps you should visit the Young Indy thread and take a long, hard look at the $150 Young Indy.

I stand corrected.:lol That Young Indy is pretty bad. Ok, so, one of the worst in the business. Like I said, SS does have their gems though.

I bet an HT indy line would be closer in price to the Terminator John Connor at $140. And ,yes, HT's figs are at least 40 to 60% better than most SS figures IMO.

Regardless, that SDCC pic of Henry is great. I'd be more than happy with it if that's what we got out of the production run, inaccurate hat and all.:D

It's really a shame too. I was willing to drop the $$$ on Young Indy, despite him being a Medi, but I can't justify paying $150 for caca and having to paint it on top of that :lol. Maybe, down the line, if we see him for half off.

With the current Pro being kink-free, if Sideshow just improves their paint aps a bit, I think future releases will give HT a run for their money.

Yeah, same here. Medi really disappointed me with that one. At least I'll have SS's Henry to Keep Indy company.

These new photos put this near the top of SS's best sculpt ever. Old Ben might still top it, however.

Years ago there was a company called Circle Home Studios that did custom 1/6 clothing... at the time he made custom cloth Henry Sr hats in the correct checked pattern.. ( thank god I bought two back then to put up for custom projects)... it is a shame that he no longer does this stuff though, because he would SERIOUSLY rack up once this figure is released... right now I have one on my Medi Henry, but it is too big for that head... I hope it ends up fitting sideshow Henry's noggin !

Years ago there was a company called Circle Home Studios that did custom 1/6 clothing... at the time he made custom cloth Henry Sr hats in the correct checked pattern.. ( thank god I bought two back then to put up for custom projects)... it is a shame that he no longer does this stuff though, because he would SERIOUSLY rack up once this figure is released... right now I have one on my Medi Henry, but it is too big for that head... I hope it ends up fitting sideshow Henry's noggin !

Got any pics of that hat posted? I'd like to see it.

Considering Henry comes pretty loaded with accessories, I wonder if they're going to leave a Last Crusade Indy til the end of the line, if they do him at all. Otherwise, Henry got all the good LC artifacts that should have come with Indy--the grail tablet, diary and the grail itself. Sure Indy can have the machine gun, neck tie, lighter, maybe the Cross of Coronado. But I think they gave Henry all the good stuff!

Considering Henry comes pretty loaded with accessories, I wonder if they're going to leave a Last Crusade Indy til the end of the line, if they do him at all. Otherwise, Henry got all the good LC artifacts that should have come with Indy--the grail tablet, diary and the grail itself. Sure Indy can have the machine gun, neck tie, lighter, maybe the Cross of Coronado. But I think they gave Henry all the good stuff!

Yeah. You're not the only one thinking that. I think Henry Sr. is kinda Sideshow's 1-stop shop for TLC. The tablet was a great Ex, but Sr. never even saw it. :huh I picked up an MP40 and a black tie for the ROTLA Indy because of Sr.'s accessories. :(

Justin: I just saw the Wolverine body. Still looks like rubber to me, so while it is more poseable, if it's rubber, none of the issues are resolved and you'd still be looking at a nightmare as far as maintenance.

Sideshow still needs the paint the whites of their eyes better. They're all still looking like they're smoking weed.

This year Sideshow 1/6 has had a strong showing IMO.

Vader is a stong contender for figure of the year and he cost me a lot less than a Hot Toys figure.
Sideshow just needs to sort out some of the production paint problems.
Han and Luke Stormtroopers was the only slip up this year though.
If Henry Jones has a good paint Job, he will look amazing.

Sorry to hear that Evilface. Chalk one more up to bad economic times?

For a moment though, I thought someone had gotten their X-day notice! :(

No one else in the line interests me enough anymore. Other than if SS makes Short Round, Indy looks fine solo on the shelf.

Back