15 Day notice for Illum Padme!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, now that I'm over my initial stun, I will say the whole figure looks great, the paint apps look great, the costume turned out well. As a figure photographer and digital artist with these figures though, it's hard to see eyes done permanently like that because it's very limiting on the poses and views you can have of the piece without it looking foolish, and there's nothing about her character that makes it a character trait where with Leia, it sort of embodies and iconic view of her. I'm still going to keep Padme, I'm happy with how she turned out, but I just hope the posed eyes don't pop up more and more.

I'm not sure why Sideshow tends to get the arm length proportions wrong. I'm not even an artist, but proportions are one of the first things I notice. I've fixed both Luke's and Maul's arms. Not sure why they couldn't have been designed correctly in the first place though.

I can now safely say that I don't feel bad at all for this one being the first and only 12" SS Star Wars figure not in my collection.

Yeah, the eyes don't really seem necessary on this figure. Maybe that will be the trend with female characters?

Not that bad actually. The worst part about this figure is the pre-posed cross-eyed eyes and the incredibly long forearms. I don't mind the costume as much, remove the fur trim and you have an arena Padme looking costume.

I have mine still on order, I just hope the eyes on mine look more like Trevor's and less like Brand X's figure.

Yeah, the eyes don't really seem necessary on this figure. Maybe that will be the trend with female characters?

I hope not, it serves no purpose to me. Again, with Leia, at least it was sort of fitting with her character in that film and creates some continuity with the PF. This one's hitting me too because the Proto never suggested it, where with Leia you knew it was coming and only hoped they might change it.

I'm not sure why Sideshow tends to get the arm length proportions wrong. I'm not even an artist, but proportions are one of the first things I notice. I've fixed both Luke's and Maul's arms. Not sure why they couldn't have been designed correctly in the first place though.

Its not the arm length that's wrong so much as its the length of the gloves.

Ya, the gloves are about the whole length of her forearm, so with the figure body elbow, they extend a little extra.

It's the connection point between the glove and the arm peg. It needs to be deeper in the glove. Maul's gloves are the same way.

I think she looks really good. The outfit fits great (maybe a bit too tight). The skin tones look good and the lips are very shiny like the proto. The accesories are awesome.

The eyes suck but SSC is kinda known for that. Overall a great figure that will look awesome if posed in the correct environment.

... and all these pics are unfutz'd, right? I wanna see some futz'd pics before i judge the arm length.

I don't know how much futzing you can do with the form fitting costume, at least as it would effect the arm length. The gloves are just too long, or at the very least the connector isn't deep enough to allow the wrist to sit in the right position.

Padme_04.jpg

robotic voice: I am from France.

Oh no! I was really hoping this would come out decent. Those eyes are horrendous. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I think I've finally discovered a figure in this line that I'll have to repaint. :(

Back