A Minecraft Movie (with a general discussion of video game movies)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok? lol the resident evil movies take place in the resident evil universe and the borderlands movie takes place in the borderlands universe. Those still suck.
You forget sonic was the first of its kind. Video game movies were looked at as jokes. They played the film safe, second one they added more game elements and third they are going all out. It’s the reason why people are excited for the third.
why didn't they make a sonic movie inside his world? what was the reason?
you said play it safe, but play it safe from what?
because audiences wouldn't accept the sonic world?

and if the Minecraft movie took place in new York, would it be better?
should the new Zelda movie take place in new York like the smurfs movie?

maybe the angry birds needed to go to new york.

Last edited:
why didn't they make a sonic movie inside his world? what was the reason?
you said play it safe, but play it safe from what?
because audiences wouldn't accept the sonic world?

and if the Minecraft movie took place in new York, would it be better?
should the new Zelda movie take place in new York like the smurfs movie?

maybe the angry birds needed to go to new york.
They played it safe cause video game movies haven’t been selling good for years. It wasn’t until sonic where they picked up again

I wouldn't say Sonic picked things up again, it made less than Detective Pikachu which came out the year before. Sonic 1 and 2 had budgets similar to the Mario Bros movie ~$90 million, but both Sonic 1 and 2 combined still didn't make more than Mario.

I think playing it safe could have actually hurt them.

They played it safe cause video game movies haven’t been selling good for years. It wasn’t until sonic where they picked up again

everyone is hating on the Minecraft movie but does anyone know the plot or the script? hating it on the look of the trailer is not enough for me.

my only thing I'm saying is that I personally like that it takes place in the Minecraft world.
I hate when they will bring bugs bunny or Mickey mouse or something to new York.
I don't like cartoon characters coming here. when they have an amazing world of their own

would the borderlands movie be better if it took place in new York?

Imagine telling 90's kid you, they made a Sonic movie and it's 2 hours of this

Sonic-1280x533.jpg

instead of this

s01.jpg

That is somewhat true. There was always bad content but as I said watch a talk show, or an interview today (there are rare exeptions) and look at their quality and compare it to a talk show in the 90's. The balance is very different overall.
I'm no expert on talk shows, but. . .

Sensationalism is nothing new. There was Jerry Springer and Morton Downey, Jr. And even the non-controversial folks weren't all that great, depending I suppose on your definition of quality. Sally Jesse Raphael, Arsenio Hall, Ricky Lake, Chevy Chase. Were they much better than Ellen or Kelly Clarkson?

In fact, with the political polarization we are experiencing nowadays it might actually make things worse in that even standard late night talk show and podcast hosts are largely very political.

everyone is hating on the Minecraft movie but does anyone know the plot or the script? hating it on the look of the trailer is not enough for me.

my only thing I'm saying is that I personally like that it takes place in the Minecraft world.
I hate when they will bring bugs bunny or Mickey mouse or something to new York.
I don't like cartoon characters coming here. when they have an amazing world of their own

would the borderlands movie be better if it took place in new York?
Again. Most video game movies took place in there world and still sucked. Having the characters be in there world won’t save the movie whatsoever

Imagine telling 90's kid you, they made a Sonic movie and it's 2 hours of this

Sonic-1280x533.jpg

instead of this

s01.jpg
I’d be happy we even got a sonic movie. Again the game to movie ratio is small. We had very few of those back then and now. So if you told me they made a sonic movie I’d be excited to just see sonic on the big screen

I’d be happy we even got a sonic movie. Again the game to movie ratio is small. We had very few of those back then and now. So if you told me they made a sonic movie I’d be excited to just see sonic on the big screen
you were happy to see the character Sonic.
no matter where. even if sonic was stuck inside home depot the whole time lol. I understand that
you just wanted sonic.

I wanted a sonic the Game movie. like I wanted a smurfs movie. in the world.
I don't care much for Mario but I loved the Mario world

and you kept saying " videogame movies always suck even in their world" but when those movies are made in their world like borderlands, you can still appreciate them visually. no borderlands is not good. but it at least showed their world. mortal Kombat in the 90s showed the tournament. it was cool
the mortal Kombat reboot took place in the real world without a tournament. not good

you were happy to see the character Sonic.
no matter where. even if sonic was stuck inside home depot the whole time lol. I understand that
you just wanted sonic.

I wanted a sonic the Game movie. like I wanted a smurfs movie. in the world.
I don't care much for Mario but I loved the Mario world

and you kept saying " videogame movies always suck even in their world" but when those movies are made in their world like borderlands, you can still appreciate them visually. no borderlands is not good. but it at least showed their world. mortal Kombat in the 90s showed the tournament. it was cool
the mortal Kombat reboot took place in the real world without a tournament. not good
Not really buddy. You can’t appreciate them in there world if it’s presented wrong. Again wtf would a story be if sonic was in his world? What would change? It doesn’t matter if it’s in his world or not if the story isn’t good then it would be a waste

It doesn't matter if it's in their world or in home depot, what matters is if it is well written and entertaining. Being faithful to source material including setting is preferable but not always vital (see Starship Troopers, highly entertaining but not truly faithful to source material).
I view real actors in cartoon world as being more cringe than cartoon characters in real world. But there isn't that much difference TBH.

Last edited:
Not really buddy. You can’t appreciate them in there world if it’s presented wrong. Again wtf would a story be if sonic was in his world? What would change? It doesn’t matter if it’s in his world or not if the story isn’t good then it would be a waste
the sonic movie was like dumb and dumber, some of the same jokes even. so it's not a sonic movie, it's just a road trip secret agent movie with sonic on it. the second movie was about some dumb wedding and more secret agent stuff.

but didn't so I have a cartoon on their world?
was the cartoon in the real world?
so a sonic movie could not be made without humans and secret agent stuff. so a faithful sonic movie like Mario Bros can't be possible.

so.you could never have a cgi faithful sonic movie like Mario. so that just means that the sonic games have a very weak very bad storyline.

the sonic movie was like dumb and dumber, some of the same jokes even. so it's not a sonic movie, it's just a road trip secret agent movie with sonic on it. the second movie was about some dumb wedding and more secret agent stuff.

but didn't so I have a cartoon on their world?
was the cartoon in the real world?
so a sonic movie could not be made without humans and secret agent stuff. so a faithful sonic movie like Mario Bros can't be possible.

so.you could never have a cgi faithful sonic movie like Mario. so that just means that the sonic games have a very weak very bad storyline.
Now your just baiting lol. Mario was and never is as interesting as Sonic. The ONLY reason he is popular is cause his gameplay is good. He literally has zero personality. He's an italian guy high on shrooms. They literally had to give Mario a personality in order to make that movie work.
But the movies make money so it wasn't dumb. I told you a million times you can have a cartoon movie in there world and it can still suck. It literally doesn't matter.
See Halo. it's in the Halo world and it sucks.

Now your just baiting lol. Mario was and never is as interesting as Sonic. The ONLY reason he is popular is cause his gameplay is good. He literally has zero personality. He's an italian guy high on shrooms. They literally had to give Mario a personality in order to make that movie work.
But the movies make money so it wasn't dumb. I told you a million times you can have a cartoon movie in there world and it can still suck. It literally doesn't matter.
See Halo. it's in the Halo world and it sucks.

no I'm not baiting. you just convinced me that a faithful sonic movie adaptation is not possible and will never be possible. ever.
they had to bring sonic into the real world because you can't create a good movie inside his world. I understand that now.

its like if they were going to make a Teletubbies movie or a movie about Barney the dinosaur.
you can't have them in their worlds
you gotta bring the Teletubbies to new York ( I'm mentioning them just as a random example.

I'm not being sarcastic either, maybe you are correct and a faithful sonic movie inside his world will never work. it won't be appealing to anyone and it won't have a good story. they have to bring sonic and the smurfs to our world.

no I'm not baiting. you just convinced me that a faithful sonic movie adaptation is not possible and will never be possible. ever.
they had to bring sonic into the real world because you can't create a good movie inside his world. I understand that now.

its like if they were going to make a Teletubbies movie or a movie about Barney the dinosaur.
you can't have them in their worlds
you gotta bring the Teletubbies to new York ( I'm mentioning them just as a random example.

I'm not being sarcastic either, maybe you are correct and a faithful sonic movie inside his world will never work. it won't be appealing to anyone and it won't have a good story. they have to bring sonic and the smurfs to our world.
They didn’t have to but they did. You keep reading past my post about video game movies sucking bavk then. They had no faith. And I’m going to keep telling you that no matter if it was in his world or not it wouldn’t matter. You can have a sonic story in his world and it suck.

Halo is takes place in the halo universe and it’s utter dog ****. Infact it would have been cooler if master chief jumped out the tv in that show lol

They didn’t have to but they did. You keep reading past my post about video game movies sucking bavk then. They had no faith. And I’m going to keep telling you that no matter if it was in his world or not it wouldn’t matter. You can have a sonic story in his world and it suck.

Halo is takes place in the halo universe and it’s utter dog ****. Infact it would have been cooler if master chief jumped out the tv in that show lol

Attachments

• ute5.jpeg
    ute5.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 724.jpeg
    724.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 6472.jpeg
    6472.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 0
This is a really odd movie for this section since none of us actually fit the targeted age-range for it :unsure:

I'm keen to let the conversations about video game movies in general continue, as there's probably a broader discussion to be found somewhere. As long as no one's insulting each other or trolling, I think it's fine.

Back