A new low level from Hot Toys Customers services!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This tells us to buy from a reputable seller who would replace defects. Contacting HT is futile, they honestly don't give a rats ass about individual customers. While as, a retailer actually might care a little more....pretty sad though, such ____ty customer service...

Olbertfrog - that's disgraceful man.. sorry to hear about your experience.

I've only had to return a HT figure once; my 1st Reeve Superman - it had tears in the suit, & the wire in the cape was exposed in two places.

I buy through an official local e-tailer, so it was all taken care of perfectly. It sounds like you did the right thing, & they barely bothered to do right by you.

Shameful dude.. hope you get some closure. :dunno

Please read before stating stuff like this.
The reseller and HT gave their greenlight, they know each other and agreed on the process.
This is not an ebay reseller we're talking about but one of HT major European reseller.
I'm not talking about whats going to happen now, this is my problem and i know how i'm going to deal with this. Don't you patronize me.

Thing is that anyone having to deal with Hot toys directly (so no A or B) this the way they treat you as a customer. Seems you don't get the nuance or the point of my post.

I haven't yet received my reseller or HT answer so maybe they will say we will send you a new body or i don't know what but even if they do, no way this handling my case ( but also some others fellow collectors) is ok in my book.
This is the problem here not just MY person.

Funny how even in this kind of situation someone will always find a way to point the finger toward the customer. This is why HT can get away with ____ like this.
We don't stick together.
Some were like you when the DX leakgate hit the fans, thanks god they did not let it go.

I did read the whole thread. I'm sorry if you feel I was patronizing you.

I don't in ANY way defend Hot Toys. I merely suggest that I would advise anyone else in your position to ONLY deal with whomever the item was originally bought from. That's what I would do.

Thanks guys for the support!
My problem is currently being solved by my reseller but like i said even if i get closure i don't think ti is something that WE should let go.
At least the word could spread.

I've posted on their facebook page here is the link :)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...90437343&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment

The reactions from fellow collectors is really cool!!!

Of course someone from HT contacted me to help.
I will keep you updated.

Feel free to share the picture of the envellope and mark IV :)

I would be surprised if HT does not correct their error in judgement regarding the packaging fiasco.

This is mainly due to social media. I would be methodical about correcting HT mistake. And it appears you are taking that approach.

Although totally different from your experience, I was involved in a Bait & Switch a few years ago. I took the steps to get my money back from an online merchant by utilizing a forum and contacting the manufacturer of the product that got switched out. I was immediately contacted by one of the higher ups from the manufacturer, and they contacted the merchant. In the end, it worked out.

Hopefully your reseller can add some pressure to HT, but utilizing social media is key. It's beneficial for the community, and it is a problem that would be difficult to ignore for HT.

Best of luck to you!

Sorry about your trouble but this is a somewhat weird procedure. If there is an official dealer in your country, the dealer should send the stuff back on your behalf and then HT will send the replacement back to the dealer.

That's how we do it here. I am not sure why your case was handled differently.

To be sure, I am not defending HT here but just weird that the dealer did not handle it for you instead.

^

Instead of getting a replacement part from hot toys through my dealer, my dealer is instead giving me one of his and getting one from HT for himself as he said "it'll take them about 3 months" :slap

I contacted HT a 2 month ago because of a factory defect (the rubber trunk was warped beyond repair right out of the box) on my recently purchased IRON MAN Mark IV from an official reseller, my reseller had no replacement at the time and told me we could save some time by sending directly the defective parts to HT directly.

HT agreed, asked for pictures then asked me to send the full figure, i asked them if they could just send me a new rubber trunk, i would send them the defective one, and make the fix myself to reduce the shipping cost for them and me. They said no and asked for the full figure.

I packed my figure properly, without the head, hands and feets in a carboard box with bubblewrap paper. The cost was pretty expensive as i have shipped it with registration and the figure is a bit heavy.

Few weeks later i was notfied by HT that they have shipped back my replacement.

It arrived this morning.
Here is how they sent me back a 240 euros collection figure...
IN A FREAKIN ENVELLOPE!!!!!

photo0531e.jpg

Of course parts were damaged,some flaps are broken, paint chips and they did not change the whole body but just replaced the ribber trunk!
Seriously WTF?????????
Last time HT returned me a figure it was in a proper box and they changed the whole figure! What the point to ask me for the full figure, make me pay more for shipping???
And then send me back my expensive figure in an envellope?????

In my book this just mean ____ YOU CUSTOMER!!!!
We don't give a ____ about you we don't have any respect for you!!!

Yeah, the Hot Toy Limited would be pretty helpful for them who really like to play with toys and also like to buy toys as home delivery. Nice information mate, thanks for sharing.

Wow, i've ordered bootleg toys from China that were packed better then that, what a shame.

You want to fight this? - DON'T buy Hot Toys!
Stick to Sideshow, Enterbay...Vote with your wallets!
And if you really want a figure, MUST have it - Get it from a fellow freak, or even ebay, recycle what's out there already, let HT eat their stock.
Many complain, but only few do anything about it. I've stopped buying HT from On-Line Retailers a year ago, and call for others to do same.

And if you really want a figure, MUST have it - Get it from a fellow freak, or even ebay, recycle what's out there already, let HT eat their stock.
Many complain, but only few do anything about it. I've stopped buying HT from On-Line Retailers a year ago, and call for others to do same.

lol that is what i have been doing. ironically, it hasn't stopped me from getting every HT i want while getting the best prices. until they start acting like a somewhat respectable company, they won't be directly getting my business.

Some follow up :)
Here is what i received on facebook from HT head of public relation/communication :

Hi Mikael
Noted your enquiry on the replacement of the Hot Toys Iron Man 2: Mark IV Collectible Figurine. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Would you mind sending us photos showing the damage parts [email protected]? We will get the replacement for you asap.
Thanks, Emily

I've sent them pictures of the damaged parts wich were
-Left knee fixed armor part broken (can be reglued)
-Left arm fist movable armor part broken
-Right ankle heel movable armor part broken
-Legs ball joint is broken on the right side
-Left arm shoulder ball joint broken
-Left arm shoulder movable armor part broken

Hello Mikael,
Good day.
Thanks for your information and sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Please kindly be informed that your case will be passed to our production team to follow up. Replacement part will be arranged as soon as possible.
We will let you know once the replacement part is ready.
And also, please confirm your postal address as below for our reference:

Thanks
Best Regards,
KC/ Hot Toys

My resseller also was going to help me but looks like the facebook thing was very effective, thanks to all the support from all the fellow collectors.
It's very cool that my trouble are going to be settled but most importantly fellow collectors know that HT can't get away with such ways, and they better be careful with the way they treat their customers.

[ame]https://youtu.be/Jpf3TSpbnTo[/ame]

To be continued :)

Last edited:
Hope you get this solved. HT price have been increasing a lot and no doubt they produce great figures but customer service is also important. For me now I'm limiting myself to collect HT iron man stuff only and moving to collect more Sideshow PF / etc.

Stick to Enterbay? The QC kings ! :D

I'm currently trying to get Hot Toys to send me a replacement for the fade out "pink panties" from my Mark IV. Pretty sure that isn't going to go anywhere, be nice if they could just send me the piece, I would even pay for it.

Back