Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

Agree with this. The teenage tech team were non-stop annoying for me, their arguing scene was the worst part of the episode.
They weren't really annoying to me, just uninteresting and generic, and very disorganized, for a super secret branch of the government.

The "hacker"-girl, SHE was annoying for me.

I did not buy once the fact that she was a hacker obsessed with the government, there are so many tropes and archetypes of nerdy hacker information-sucker paranoid type of character and they just seemed to have grabbed someone from Glee and told her "you're a hacker".... :lol

The teens are to get an audience (they DID)...weakest part of the show but it is what it is. I think the show has potential to get much better- I just wasn't that impressed by the pilot......Coulson clearly will be the highlight of the show...

Mhm Breaking Bad really attracted many teenagers so I don't think you need to have a bunch of generic pretty kids to get young attention.

Unless you want the swag-yolo generation to follow the show.

Mhm Breaking Bad really attracted many teenagers so I don't think you need to have a bunch of generic pretty kids to get young attention.

Unless you want the swag-yolo generation to follow the show.

If they wanted that, they would've tried to air it on the CW Network, instead of ABC. :lecture

Just had a chance to see this, the show is awful IMO.
The supporting cast are terrible, they all seem too young and implausible as special agents. There were no real Marvel comic characters in this, Marina Hill is about as close as it gets and it's not enough to call this Marvel. The Extremis stuff just reminded me of the awful IM3 movie. The villain was week and totally uninteresting and the conclusion to his story felt like a cop-out, he should've been sent to prison for murder at least. I don't like that they brought Coulson back from death when it was important moment in the Avengers. Maybe he's the movie universe's Vision, but doesn't behave like or have any of Vision's powers so it would be just a waste of a good character like the Vision.
There were some cringe inducing lines in this like "it's an origin story".
And the Snarky banter is just off-putting. I could maybe put up with it from one character but every character spouts the same Snarky quips (as if they all think alike) and especially seems out of character for a leader like Coulson. The editing was also annoying, they cut this show too quickly.

There was a few things I liked about it. I like Clark Gregg and he did an okay job with the script he was given. Ming Na did a fairly decent job and the only other regular I like. It was also great to see Cobie Smulders come back as Maria Hill, too bad she's not a regular. Their mobile command base was pretty awesome (Still why no Hellicarrier?), the action scenes were good, and I like that they brought in Nick Fury's flying car, just wish Nick was there driving it.

I'll try and watch a few more episodes and hope it gets better. If Apocalypse shows up and kills off the supporting cast and bathes in their blood a few episodes later would be a huge improvement.

Last edited:

Just had a chance to see this, the show is awful IMO.
The supporting cast are terrible, they all seem too young and implausible as special agents. There were no real Marvel comic characters in this, Marina Hill is about as close as it gets and it's not enough to call this Marvel. The Extremis stuff just reminded me of the awful IM3 movie. The villain was week and totally uninteresting and the conclusion to his story felt like a cop-out, he should've been sent to prison for murder at least. I don't like that they brought Coulson back from death when it was important moment in the Avengers. Maybe he's the movie universe's Vision, but doesn't behave like or have any of Vision's powers so it would be just a waste of a good character like the Vision.
There were some cringe inducing lines in this like "it's an origin story".
And the Snarky banter is just off-putting. I could maybe put up with it from one character but every character spouts the same Snarky quips (as if they all think alike) and especially seems out of character for a leader like Coulson. The editing was also annoying, they cut this show too quickly.

There was some redeeming things about it. I like Clark Gregg and he did an okay job with the script he was given. Ming Na did a fairly decent job and the only other regular I like. It was also great to see Cobie Smulders come back as Maria Hill, too bad she's not a regular. Their mobile command base was pretty awesome (Still why no Hellicarrier?), the action scenes were good, and I like that they brought in Nick Fury's flying car, just wish Nick was there driving it.

I'll try and watch a few more episodes and hope it gets better. If Apocalypse shows up and kills off the supporting cast and bathes in their blood a few episodes later would be a huge improvement.

Your second paragraph contradicts your first, glad you came around to liking the show. :lol

Your second paragraph contradicts your first, glad you came around to liking the show. :lol

Redeeming was probably the wrong word. I didn't want to make it totally negative.
I wanted to like this show, there are just more things I dislike that ruined it for me.

Saw it tonight...underwhelmed. :monkey2

Screamingmetal hit most of the points that I found to be low points, hopefully this is just awkward starting and they make some better episodes upcoming.

This is probably the only good ABC show ever made. ABC is cheap crap. Cheap crappy comedy crap. This show has a good amount of class to it. Which was nice.

So far, this show is on the same lines in regards of the cheap crappy comedy crap, Modern Family has 10x the class AoS had on the 1st ep.

The only class source was Coulson, and even he was back to the old "Old Christine" days in various moments, mostly in the 1st half.

They need to tone down the comedy, the amount of jokes in the Avengers was just fine, this is pushing it.

What? No way. You can't take this crap seriously. Anyone who tries is just...ugh.

This has a story to it. It's not about family, or kids, or any of that crap. God, how I hate shows like that. Unless, of course, the kids are in actual mortal danger of death, and agony. Then it's OK. :lol

What to which part? No way which part? I can't take what crap seriously?

Sure it has a story, does it justify retarded jokes? Nope, seriously, most of the jokers were predictable ala 2 and a half men kind of way.

I dare Two and Half Men to come up with a joke as great as the dark corner joke.

And if they ever do, I hope they get cancelled after that. Because that's all the goodness that show can handle.

Superheros need comedy.

There was probably 1 or 2 more good jokes there, the dark corner was pretty good indeed but there rest were 2 and a half men, hell, even 2andhalf had a couple good jokes when the show started.

Superheroes do need comedy, comedy that makes you laugh and lightens the mood, not roll your eyes.

Seriously, Modern Family makes me care about the characters 10times more than AoS did, and it also makes me giggle every 30 seconds.

Couslon is acting different because something is up. He obviously doesn't know why he's really back. I'll give this show a shot. Usually Whedon shows take a few episodes to reel you in.

Couslon is acting different because something is up. He obviously doesn't know why he's really back. I'll give this show a shot. Usually Whedon shows take a few episodes to reel you in.

It's funny how many of the trolls here are absolutely forgiving of WB for 90210-ing the DC heroes, and will unashamedly defend those shows, but hate this show based on the pilot. :lol

I dare Two and Half Men to come up with a joke as great as the dark corner joke.

And if they ever do, I hope they get cancelled after that. Because that's all the goodness that show can handle.

Superheros need comedy.

Two and a half men are in their 11th season so they must be doing something right. I dare AoS to go more than 2 seasons :lol

Two and a half men are in their 11th season so they must be doing something right. I dare AoS to go more than 2 seasons :lol

I don't know about that. Once that show lost Charlie Sheen its gotten pretty dumb and they know it by bringing in his daughter who acts just like him.

Back