Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad that you were able the sell the prints that you wanted to Buffy. :D

I would like to see pics of all of your prints all framed and hung up when you can. :D I hope that things are going well for you and Jenn. :)

Due to all of my probs. all of my stuff will be sitting for a while.
:( :monkey2

The Monster,
Nick

Oh no, I hope all is well Nick. :(

Actually with the Metropolis variant the lower prices were after the gallery show. It was the opposite of what usually happens. But I've never followed Mondo eBay auctions really closely. Afterwards most were in the $200 range. I just didn't want a Jaws situation. I think that was affordable afterwards and then it just shot up to crazy prices. A lot of the popular Mondo prints seem to start high then drop a bit and settle in a price range. Or start high and go higher. It seems to be rare for the prices to drop completely. Those individual Avengers prints are a good example of massive price drops.

Most of Taylor's recent prints have dropped to retail

Most of Taylor's recent prints have dropped to retail

Yeah, I think he's worth the prices when higher, he just doesn't get the attention...yet. There are a few of his prints that would IF you could find them. Ie, Halloween and Rocky Horror. Even Sucker Punch fetches decent numbers. Other than that, not so much. What is interesting to me is that my KT prints are my favorite in my collection, yet some of them I picked up very, very cheap. I am not complaining of course.

I sold my spare (and damaged) Buffy print. It doesn't seem to matter if that print is in good or bad shape. People still want it bad enough to pay me decent moola. I'll take it.

Repeat after me: **** Mondo.

My Rambo just shipped... it's been what ? two months ?

I was sleep deprived at the gallery opening (with Buffygirl) and sent pictures of what was available to my wife.. including metropolis.. she liked the silver one better.. (regular) . Really regret not grabbing the variant. I got variants for American Werewolf and Beetlejuice... but neither set the after market on fire.

The whole price aftermarket value on these things have gotten silly.. someone lists a poster for a crazy price .. someone actually pays that .. and then suddenly that is what its worth. I was going through some papers last night and found my receipt/print out copy from Mondo for the Moss Star Wars set.. $164.00 for all 3. Crazy

:gah::thud::gah:

The Stout set is starting to go for a ton as well. It looks like the last one went for $2,300 on ebay.

For that... I get a first print 1977 star wars poster.

Which one was that?

454_10200669408881904_2146255456_n.jpg

I want the Boogies Nights one, I LOVE Rockin Jelly Bean :yess:

There Will Be Blood is stunning too. So intricate.

Looks like one poster going up each day this week, with Hard Eight up tomorrow. No surprise that the Horkey will be the grail in the bunch. Horkey says he spent around 100 hours making that poster. Zoiks.

Yeah if anyone wants to try to score that Horkey for me I would be indebted to you!

It's an incredibly beautiful print, but you might find some help since the movie isn't popular enough to be wanted by everyone here.

And FYI, looks like the Oblivion LP's are shipping. Got my shipping notice.

Back