Alien: Earth | Hulu 2025

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More info:
https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/38...ses-the-teaser-trailer-for-alien-earth-watch/
Sydney Chandler stars in FX’s “Alien: Earth,” which is coming exclusively to Hulu in 2025. Watch the teaser trailer below and read on for the brand new official synopsis.

The series comes from creator Noah Hawley (“Legion”). Of particular note, it’s set to be the first story in the franchise that takes place here on Earth, set roughly 70 years in the future.

FX teases, “Expect a scary thrill ride set not too far in the future here on Earth.”

In “Alien: Earth”…

“When a mysterious space vessel crash-lands on Earth, a young woman and a ragtag group of tactical soldiers make a fateful discovery that puts them face-to-face with the planet’s greatest threat.”

The series is set 30 years before the events of the original Alien – Alvarez’s Alien: Romulus, meanwhile, takes place 20 years *after* the events of Ridley Scott’s Alien.

The upcoming “Alien: Earth” deals with “the emergence of the story’s infamous Weyland-Yutani Corporation and the race between corporations to create new android life.”

Sydney Chandler is playing a character named Wendy in the series, said to be “a hybrid, a meta-human who has the brain and consciousness of a child but the body of an adult.”

Babou Ceesay (“Guerrilla”), Jonathan Ajayi (“Wonder Woman 1984”), Erana James (“Uproar”), Lily Newmark (“Sex Education”), Diêm Camille (“Washington Black”), Adrian Edmondson (“War & Peace”), Timothy Olyphant (“Fargo”), David Rysdahl (“Fargo”), Essie Davis (The Babadook), Alex Lawther (The End of the F*cking World), Samuel Blenkin (“Black Mirror”), Adarsh Gourav (The White Tiger), Sandra Yi Sencindiver (“Foundation”), and Moe Bar-El (The Peripheral) also star in the upcoming sci-fi/horror series.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/38...ses-the-teaser-trailer-for-alien-earth-watch/

Legion and Fargo were both amazing, so...
Never heard of Legion and only saw the first season of Fargo. It was OK. Didn't watch any of the other seasons so the name of Noah Hawley isn't enough to get me interested. And the info shared in the post above is a big turn off.
Wish them luck with the series but nah I'm not bothered.

I remember in the old comics (Earth War), there was a xenomorph outbreak on Earth. It got to the point where it became like COVID - something that would remain in perpetuity as long as there was biological life. Since the USCM couldn't completely get rid of the xenos, the only solution was to deal with the infestations as they'd arise on a local scale.

Not sure if "Earth" will be taking a similar route, though. Interesting title, though (not sure if that's a reference to the comics).

I remember in the old comics (Earth War), there was a xenomorph outbreak on Earth. It got to the point where it became like COVID - something that would remain in perpetuity as long as there was biological life. Since the USCM couldn't completely get rid of the xenos, the only solution was to deal with the infestations as they'd arise on a local scale.

Not sure if "Earth" will be taking a similar route, though. Interesting title, though (not sure if that's a reference to the comics).
It certainly shouldn't if it's a prequel to Alien. Why bother trying to get hold of a specimen from LV426 if they're on Earth already.

Last edited:
It certainly shouldn't if it's a prequel to Alien. Why bother trying to get hold of a specimen from LV426 if they're readily available on Earth already.

For a good moment, I forgot this was a prequel :lol. In my defense, I was drunk.

Fargo has been a bit up and down in my opinion, but broadly speaking it has been great. The last season was just excellent. Same for Legion which is arguably the best live action comic based show. Maybe a couple of seasons of Daredevil could compete, but they are so fundamentally different in approach that it's hard to compare.

It certainly shouldn't if it's a prequel to Alien. Why bother trying to get hold of a specimen from LV426 if they're on Earth already.
Probably the show will end with them being completely wiped out like in AvP:R via a nuke, so the company will be aware of the species existing but without specimens to experiment with by the time of Alien.

I have yet to read any info about the show so forgive me if this is already answered but how will they be bringing xenos to Earth?? Surviving specimens from the AvP movies? More predators bringing xenos to Earth? Engineers dropping them off? Xeno eggs buried in an ancient ruin? Ancient ruin containing eggs on Mars? Derelict ship of unknown origin crashing on earth? Freaking meteorite?

(Edit: Read the article now. Mysterious ship crashes on Earth. Predator or Engineer?? Also, hybrid meta human with mind of child but body of adult sounds like early android with limited AI maybe. When was Prometheus set again? Wonder how long between this meta human and David 8?)

The show being a prequel set closer to our era is almost certainly a budget saving move but that does as a result further prove David did not create the Xeno's (because folk like to exclude the two AvP movies from canon).

Last edited:
The timeline just gets more and more jumbled with every new thing they make.
More likely they think they are explaining how the company knew of the xenos before Alien so knew to put Ash on the crew (though I always assumed they didn't specifically know of Xenos prior, only the distress call). This show will be used to set up that plot point and explain why the company is so desperate to get a specimen.

It could either be really good or really bad.
Also when are we gonna see a xeno with Mickey Mouse ears?

Finally we get an Alien story set on Earth. This is all I've wanted from this franchise since 1986...

Back