Alien3 Ripley help?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slikkerias

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can anyone advice me on my in progress Alien 3 Ripley? I got a great unpainted sculpt from Snyderman that I painted, perfect t-shirt and pretty accurate pants. I'm waiting for the HT Joe Colton combat boots and hope they don't look way too big - had a hard time finding some good looking female boots and usually 'big feet' look ok on a female figure... I hope. But the body is not great. It's too skinny, pale and feminine. Arms too short, legs too long and waist too skinny. Anyone got an idea for a body that could work well for Ripley?
Btw the jacket is not correct (it's HT Kyle Reese), but does look like it could exist in that world and resembles the one she wears in the movie. It's mostly there to hide the body for now though. If anyone has an idea for a more accurate bomber jacket I would love to hear.
edit: I think I just found the exact jacket she wears in the movie. An N2B. Hope it looks good on her. Luckily she's wearing a mans jacket in the movie.
Thanks
9442bf1e0de2b91bdeafe5ac9011beae.jpg
faeac71d57d9ed78bca1535739d12610.jpg
IMG_1256.jpg
IMG_1322.jpg
IMG_1317.jpg

Last edited:
There's no body that works well for larger, taller women like Sigourney Weaver, Geena Davis, and Uma Thruman. There are quite a few 6 feet tall minor scifi stars to like Gina Torres and Terry Farrell. Maybe we'll get a more reasonable body with Captain Phasma. You just can't put Gwendoline Christie on a normal TT female body.

There's no body that works well for larger, taller women like Sigourney Weaver, Geena Davis, and Uma Thruman. There are quite a few 6 feet tall minor scifi stars to like Gina Torres and Terry Farrell. Maybe we'll get a more reasonable body with Captain Phasma. You just can't put Gwendoline Christie on a normal TT female body.

Thanks for your reply! That's a shame... we really see what the focus of most collectors is. But well, I guess I will just have to live with this one or even consider modding a slim male body instead. The height would be fine anyways as she's even taller than most men:
Harold_Andrews_and_group.jpeg

Your custom looks wonderful by the way. Joy Snyder did a great job on Ripley.

Hollywood tricks us. Actresses seem to come tall or very short. Check this out with Winona:

b91e20b62e599b92172c5ad32c29159e-1.jpg

I added some height to my Ripley body by cutting her thighs, abdomen, and calves in the centre, then filling it in with Apoxy Sculpt.

On a Jadzia Dax (Terry Farrell) custom I added width to her shoulder as well, but I screwed up the proportions a bit, and she looks too 'legy.'

I'm a tall woman myself, even though I'm shorter than these 6-footer actresses, so it annoys me on a personal level.

I like your idea of somehow incorporating a TT slim male body.

Your custom looks wonderful by the way. Joy Snyder did a great job on Ripley.

Hollywood tricks us. Actresses seem to come tall or very short. Check this out with Winona:

View attachment 244376

I added some height to my Ripley body by cutting her thighs, abdomen, and calves in the centre, then filling it in with Apoxy Sculpt.

On a Jadzia Dax (Terry Farrell) custom I added width to her shoulder as well, but I screwed up the proportions a bit, and she looks too 'legy.'

I'm a tall woman myself, even though I'm shorter than these 6-footer actresses, so it annoys me on a personal level.

I like your idea of somehow incorporating a TT slim male body.

Thanks!!! Yeah, I really think it's a problem that the female bodies are so one sided and unnatural. I get why it annoy you. Hope it will change with time. I'm gonna look into your tricks and see if I can apply any of them to this one. My plan is that she's gonna wear an over sized jacket and have more realistic hands. I hope that can help the body further.
Thanks again for your input!

So far so good. Waiting for the jacket, socks and these might not be the final boots. Have another pair coming.
922f37d665ae11faede6fb603fa806ad.jpg

ea138ca1d1e804bcbb5e9a5236f14d83.jpg

...my, phone makes the head seem too long. It isn't.

This looks amazing! Great job!
I think you would be good trying a narrow shouldered male body. The costume is pretty baggy in the movie so you can't see any differences in the lower half (hips/thighs) so you would only need to mod the chest.
I have never tried, but what's the chance of Frankensteining a body with a female chest piece? I know some of them have a rubber covering over the torso that could be cut/removed and maybe added to a male chest? Could look very weird though..

This looks amazing! Great job!
I think you would be good trying a narrow shouldered male body. The costume is pretty baggy in the movie so you can't see any differences in the lower half (hips/thighs) so you would only need to mod the chest.
I have never tried, but what's the chance of Frankensteining a body with a female chest piece? I know some of them have a rubber covering over the torso that could be cut/removed and maybe added to a male chest? Could look very weird though..

Thanks! And thanks for your thoughts!
I did try to use a narrow slim male body with pretty thin arms. But even the narrow shoulders look off and too broad and too muscular. I would also need to make a new neck for it. And standing next to other males it just looked wrong.
So, as I'm planning on using a jacket on her anyway I'll probably stay with modifying this one and then see if something else turns up later on. I already padded her waist and neck. Made a significant difference.

Ah ok, makes sense! And yeah she does look great as is, and unless she is posed with others you can't really tell the height anyway.
Like Star Puffs said, you could get lucky with a Phasma body once it gets parted out. Surely HT will make a taller female body for that...

Ah ok, makes sense! And yeah she does look great as is, and unless she is posed with others you can't really tell the height anyway.
Like Star Puffs said, you could get lucky with a Phasma body once it gets parted out. Surely HT will make a taller female body for that...

The height is actually good though. It's 12" so would make her 6' which is I believe accurate. It's just the build of the figure that's not perfect. But yes it's way better now and with the jacket it might be good. I'll see when i get to it.
Thanks!!

So, I looked around a bit more and I found this slim male body. So it's on it's way any it just might work... fingers crossed
s-l500.jpg

I broadened her shoulders. Now the only problem is her short arms... Not sure if I'm gonna switch to the male slim body or not now...
760b2547ee1a37707377955ad6bf5fff.jpg

c9f5fd6204a98d939f55a313ee843b32.jpg

Last edited:
Great custom and sculpt. WOW...

Perhaps can you search some "fashion Royalty" body loose...
It is a pretty tall and thin body (but needs some work to be more moveable):

comparaison corps.jpg

Great custom and sculpt. WOW...

Perhaps can you search some "fashion Royalty" body loose...
It is a pretty tall and thin body (but needs some work to be more moveable):

View attachment 246418

Thanks. But I have now modified the original body a ton and it starts to look really good. So probably gonna stick to that - at least until something better comes along.
So, I am still waiting on some stuff ( hands, socks, hoodie and more) and in the meantime I'll start looking at doing a Alien 3 Bishop for her. I also wanna modify the jacket a bit but also need an extra jacket for that. It's on it's way.
12663c904b25969f3b10ca486c8219e8.jpg

Back