All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That hellboy bust looks great, congrats!! How many of them were made?

I'm not exactly sure how many were made, but from what I've read about his busts only a very small number of castings are made. I would say there couldn't be more than 20 or so of them, maybe even only a handful, but again I'm not really sure.

Been messing around with the settings on my camera. Here's a couple more shots of the bust:

IMG_6665.jpg

IMG_6668.jpg

thats very interesting.......

.... but its says "One of a Kind" and has 2 available? ....

On eBay there is a listing for a Hellbaby variant. It says it is made by Sideshow. I have never seen this piece in my life....any of you recognize it?

https://cgi.ebay.com/HELLBOY-MOVIE-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414998a3a4

Ya, I have that one...It came as a 2 pack figure... https://www.amazon.com/Hellboy-Rasputin-Hellbaby-Previews-Exclusive/dp/B00018I22E At lease that is what it looks like, mine isn't 8" tall though he is only about 4" tall. From the pics it looks like it was painted maybe but otherwise looks the same..

Very strange. If you look at the pictures of the box, it has both a "Hellboy" and "Hellboy II" logo on it, and a Sideshow logo at the bottom. I can only assume that they made a fake box and are trying to pass of the action figure as something that Sideshow made. Sideshow did do a Hellbaby piece -- just not this.

if you look at the original packaging for the 2 piece item it came in a clam shell, so the box is a fake, probably trying to get more money from some unsuspecting consumer. i gave the link to our production guys so it is being looked into.

Very strange. If you look at the pictures of the box, it has both a "Hellboy" and "Hellboy II" logo on it, and a Sideshow logo at the bottom. I can only assume that they made a fake box and are trying to pass of the action figure as something that Sideshow made. Sideshow did do a Hellbaby piece -- just not this.

Yes, and I love my faux bronze hellbaby!!! I believe the mezco made the other if I remember right..

Got this off of eBay for cheap!!! I darkened the lines with a program I have (VERY light penciling otherwise) :cool:

HellboyDrawingEdit.jpg

gg_hellboy_wink_busts.jpg

I got the Gentle Giant Hellboy and Wink busts recently. Retail on these was something like $140 all together, but I got them for under $50, not including shipping. They're actually not as bad as I thought. The sculpt of Hellboy's face looks almost nothing like Ron Perlman, but in natural light and front a normal distance away it actually looks really good. And Wink is pretty damn cool. I love the spines on his back. The paint job could be better (his metallic arm looks very drab and not much like metal) but the sculpt is great and he's quite large. Overall, I think they're worth getting if you're a Hellboy fan and you can find a good deal on them. Razor's Edge has Wink for $29.99 BTW.

Received this Red guy today!

1:1 Howard S Studios bust:

IMG_6598.jpg

:D

I'm not exactly sure how many were made, but from what I've read about his busts only a very small number of castings are made. I would say there couldn't be more than 20 or so of them, maybe even only a handful, but again I'm not really sure.

IMG_6665.jpg

IMG_6668.jpg

The edition size was about 35 total. Howard is a member here so you could always ask him. There was a rumor going around a few years ago that the bust went into a second production run but I haven't seen any proof.

Anyways, here's mine:

P1030057.jpg

P1030058.jpg

Was the nameplate something extra? Why does one have it and the other doesn't?

The bust originally came unpainted with no base just the cast of the bust.

You had to make your own base and paint it yourself.

I have a nameplate for it but to be honest I don't like to display it with the nameplate. I'd like to design a better base but I haven't had the time.

Back