ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No MP Jazz yet? Any rumors?

no official from has tak...
but a really good 3rd party from maketoys: 'downbeat'

wpD93Vp.jpg

I got this bad boy yesterday. I've had lots of false starts recently with attempted orders from Chinese sellers who went rogue and ended up not shipping me the figure I ordered. But I should have several other MP styled Dinobots heading my way in the near future. I finally got the itch to purchase all the Dinobots. They were original G1 Transformers, and it doesn't look like Takara Tomy is in any rush to release these. As I started investigating them, I do like the fanstoys approach of more G1 accurate designs over the monster intimidating gigapower versions.

In terms of swoop here, I haven't transformed them yet, but it's robot mode is really cool and intimidating looking in person. He Towers over almost all my other MP style Transformers at this point.

5e62dd3291bf1a98a725dbaa35b8df09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Has anyone bought these background displays made by X2 Toys? These promotional photos and the product specs all indicate that each set includes 30 floor pieces, 30 wall pieces, and 6 corner boxes.

But I just received mine, and the set only includes 25 floor pieces, 25 wall pieces, and 5 corner boxes. The box even has instructions showing these are the product specs.

So has X2 Toys misled retailers and collectors by showing promo photos with more pieces than they actually include?

01.jpg

I got this bad boy yesterday. I've had lots of false starts recently with attempted orders from Chinese sellers who went rogue and ended up not shipping me the figure I ordered. But I should have several other MP styled Dinobots heading my way in the near future. I finally got the itch to purchase all the Dinobots. They were original G1 Transformers, and it doesn't look like Takara Tomy is in any rush to release these. As I started investigating them, I do like the fanstoys approach of more G1 accurate designs over the monster intimidating gigapower versions.

In terms of swoop here, I haven't transformed them yet, but it's robot mode is really cool and intimidating looking in person. He Towers over almost all my other MP style Transformers at this point.

5e62dd3291bf1a98a725dbaa35b8df09.jpg

I have the Fans Toys set of Dinobots and love them. I know the Gigapower ones are bigger, but I agree that the overall look of FT is more G1 accurate. It blows my mind that Takara hasn't made the set yet.

I agree regarding the FT Dinobots, they're awesome. Just to warn you though, take care with the thigh clips when transforming. Some of the versions of it had plastic clips that were prone to snapping, although I think they gave out diecast versions with a later figure. If yours is a reissue I'd assume it has the diecast versions already installed.

The only FT Dinobot I’m missing is Grinder. I haven’t gone back and pick him up yet. Is he hard to find? Last time I’ve looked FT have not done a reissue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grinder is pretty hard to find at this point. I don't think there were any on eBay the last time I checked. However, you could get some of the variants. I read on TFW a rumor that he will be released this August though. I contacted a woman on Facebook who is a reliable Chinese Transformers seller, and she said that they are hard to find and quoted me around $350 for one of them shipped.

However, I also saw that the oversized KO Masterpiece Grimlock is getting a rerelease where he won't have the shiny finish. I pre-ordered one of those for $100 the other day. Scale wise, he should be a little bit bigger than the other fanstoys Dinobots. Which is a good thing in my mind. So, hopefully he will be nice stand in until and unless grinder gets re-release. I have avoided the KO versions of Takara figures up to this point. But I already own the official one anyway, so this is sort of like making a cd backup copy. :D
I agree regarding the FT Dinobots, they're awesome. Just to warn you though, take care with the thigh clips when transforming. Some of the versions of it had plastic clips that were prone to snapping, although I think they gave out diecast versions with a later figure. If yours is a reissue I'd assume it has the diecast versions already installed.
Thanks. This was purchase directly from China, so I'm hoping that it's a newer one.

On another note, I've got some detolf shelves recently, and just set them up today. One is devoted exclusively to MP and MP style Transformers.

6028a7496fb1958b5d84f30c91f5e361.jpg
a26f2651cad6b16c9ab204c0bdbd042d.jpg
6056244d7304c3818b87ffc0bd6ab616.jpg
2a9834899a0c9c8b0b882e9fb688cee9.jpg
f49867dd1f09f53aec04203818ddf2ed.jpg

Your on a road to ruin my friend
first figure you will have a collection soon if your like me
I’m running out of space, me and my obsessions !!
I need to see a shrink I think ADE7EEDC-8DA5-4471-AA83-F8C3F15F36C8.jpgAD21E39F-09DA-4AAE-A880-45022D71BC35.jpg7472E6F3-DA41-4A70-8011-AE8509F02A91.jpg92067694-8796-4FDB-A762-94FCDC49C718.jpg3C8C3B84-7659-4549-A9E2-80603423724B.jpgFEF90AD1-ADD9-42D0-BB97-25D88BDBDD7B.jpg7DFA2A00-FEA4-4EC9-A6AC-6036AE454710.jpg

Nice collection. You've got some there that I've strongly considered, but managed to hold back from ordering. But my G1 shelf is incomplete without guys like Trailbreaker, Jazz, and Gears. What version of Powerglide is that, by the way? And do you feel the Maketoys Starscream is worth the upgrade?

Powerglide is by DX9 D-11 RICHTHOFEN the maketoys starscream is definitely better than the takara mp-11
but it’s also got some problems which could have been rectified.
Like the maketoys jazz with the bonnet it doesn’t click in place it keeps coming up and this irritates me because if these problems were sorted
they’ve got a perfect figure.
Maketoys starscream the problems are his head doesn’t move up and his face is too dark, big massive gaps where the wrist connects to the hands looks stupid and the hands themselves are hideous which I’am going to rectify myself.

Got Hot Rod in! Now just waiting on Optimus and Megatron.
6dfcba81eab15ab535c72da69ebe325d.jpg

936ef6410f4d5f43c24a40f979094b0c.jpg

ff593a0180edbef65f7eecb96c8388a5.jpg

Also found some of my old transformers. Had to see what they looked like next to these Masterpiece figures.

Back