ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got these two in the mail today, and here I thought the iGear head was for an iGear Prime. Nope it's for the MP Prime. :duh Oh well, now I have a badass Animated Prime head (high quality too) for my MP-01. Also I don't have many WST but this Shockwave s just too cool for school. I love, love, love it! It would look cool in either FP/G1 Bruticus' hands.

reduced-image_2112_106.jpg

reduced-galery_image_737_3375.jpg

United Jazz gets a few reprolabels,
utdjazzcar1.jpg

utdjazzcar2.jpg

utdjazz.jpg

Tracks also gets a few repros for his robot mode,
utdtracks.jpg

2tracks.jpg

Tracks also has a license plate label that says "2Sexy" :lol

got my MP Rodimus today and thank goodness I don't seem to have most of the QC issues I've seen, or not as bad, although I had to shave a part of the back tabs so his spoiler can lock in. Anyway, here's my initial pic of him straight out the box with some other MP Autobots.

IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

what's with takara's/hasbro's scale lately? it's all over the place.

first MP starscream doesn't match well with prime, then grimlock doesn't match with prime, now rodimus SEEMS ok next to prime, but is out of whack with grimlock.

if anyone can school me on this, that'd be great...also, i've been outta the loop for quite some time with all things TF, but why did they stop with the binaltech line?

I think the only two MPs that are in-scale with each other are Prime and Megatron. Everything else maintains the G1 scale continuity - absolutely no continuity.

Takara don't usually miss those details!

One thing that's puzzling with both versions of Wheeljack is that the number "539" isn't on the doors although I expect reprolabels will have a set that'll remedy that as well as adding the Alitalia logos.

As nice as the Tracks mold is I still think a new mold should have been made for Wheeljack that turned into a lookalike of this,

newstratos.jpg

G1 Wheeljack was a Lancia Stratos so a Classics version with the new Stratos for the alt mode would have made perfect sense.

Except it would have cost Hasbro a small fortune to acquire the Lancia Stratos license.
We all know how cheap they can be. Why bother getting official licenses for a toy whose target audience doesnt know what a Lancia Stratos looks like when they can just make up a generic design and repaint it.

Except it would have cost Hasbro a small fortune to acquire the Lancia Stratos license.
We all know how cheap they can be. Why bother getting official licenses for a toy whose target audience doesnt know what a Lancia Stratos looks like when they can just make up a generic design and repaint it.

I know that, but there would have been nothing stopping them making the alt mode a fairly close resemblance because that's what they did for the new versions of the Lamborghini trio and also with the Nissans.

No version of those molds could be mistaken for a fully licensed vehicle but it's blatantly obvious what they're based on.

Encline,
Nice work! One thing that bugs me about United Jazz is the small spoiler but a reshell fixes all that and more. Can't wait to see the robot mode pics :clap

Wave 2, I think. Wave 1 will be Optimus, Megatron, Ironhide and Skyhammer. The ones on eBay now are toys that were sneaked out of the factory so the workers can sell them to people who will pay big bucks to have it ASAP.

I got these two in the mail today, and here I thought the iGear head was for an iGear Prime. Nope it's for the MP Prime. :duh Oh well, now I have a badass Animated Prime head (high quality too) for my MP-01. ]

Wait... what? Mind filling me in on this? Never knew it wasn't for MP Prime.:panic:

Go and buy United Tracks now before he is sold out. This is the greatest version of Tracks ever released.

IMG_5340.jpg

Agreed.

The paint apps on the United releases have been far more inconsistent than with Henkei but Tracks is amazing......the only other Classics style toy with comparable paint apps in alt mode is Henkei Smokescreen and the only stock metallic finish I've seen that's nicer is Alternity Cliffjumper.

I saw the Hasbro version of Tracks in my local supermarket 2 days before my United one arrived and it looked pathetic in comparison.

TF3 Deluxe Barricade is AWESOME!
1298106535588.jpg

1298106583717.jpg

1298106617393.jpg

1298106864097.jpg

I am so getting him! Love the design and the alt mode and even though i have the original and the HA version the improvements to this one over the original makes him worth another purchase.

I've been waiting for a good replacement. :rock I really don't like that head though, I'll might have to find a way to put TF1 Barricade's nogging on there.

Back