ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone explain why all of the different Masterpiece figures seem to be out of scale with each other?

I thought they tried to keep everything in the different classes relatively close to scale with one another?

Could someone explain why all of the different Masterpiece figures seem to be out of scale with each other?

I thought they tried to keep everything in the different classes relatively close to scale with one another?

If there's one thing that's guaranteed in Transformers it's that scale will never be 100% consistent,
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scale

When the first MP's were made I don't think there were any long term plans for the line and the downsizing that arguably started with Grimlock was motivated by rising development costs.

Which doesn't explain WTF happened with Rodimus but if Takara were gonig to mess things up, it may as well have been with a character I couldn't care less about.

Supposedly everything from MP-10 onwards will be in scale, unless you count Soundwave & minions alt modes which obviously can't shrink down like in the cartoon or comics.

The only way to get anything like a consistent scale is by using a combination of official and 3rd party toys.

Last edited:
If there's one thing that's guaranteed in Transformers it's that scale will never be 100% consistent,
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scale

When the first MP's were made I don't think there were any long term plans for the line and the downsizing that arguably started with Grimlock was motivated by rising development costs.

Which doesn't explain WTF happened with Rodimus but if Takara were gonig to mess things up, it may as well have been with a character I couldn't care less about.

Supposedly everything from MP-10 onwards will be in scale, unless you count Soundwave & minions alt modes which obviously can't shrink down like in the cartoon or comics.

The only way to get anything like a consistent scale is by using a combination of official and 3rd party toys.

It started going off the rails with Starscream, which is considerably shorter then Optimus. From what I gathered, they wanted all their leaders to be as tall as MP-1, figuring those would be the centerpieces of people's collections (remember the Japanese don't care as much about Grimlock) while the rest would be shorter. Then they abandoned that with MP-10, and now they're going for a cartoon accurate scale, probably spurred on by both fan wishes and certain 3rd parties going in that direction.

ironhide1.jpg

ironhide2.jpg

ironhide3.jpg

ironhead3.jpg

ironhead2.jpg

ironhead1.jpg

ratchet1.jpg

ratchet2.jpg

ratchet3.jpg

ratchethead3.jpg

ratchethead2.jpg

ratchethead1.jpg

The only thing that bugs me slightly is the fact that they cast Ratchet's upper arms, inner legs and feet in black instead of red to match the hands but whatever, it'll be nice to finally have a Ratchet that looks like G1 Ratchet in both modes and Ironhide is just amazing.

Last edited:
Ooooh (not)Ratchet & (not)Ironhide both look SWEET!!!!!!

Very tempted to pick them up now.

The saga of trying to get a Faith Leader goes on :(
There is a seller in the Phillipines offering one for about £90 + shipping BIN or Best offer.
Chucked in a best over trying to get him nearer £60 which is what I want to pay, considering that MP10 is due here in August & won't be much dearer than his current asking price of PP01, anyway I digress.
So the offer he goes in & he counters my offer offering me...$1 off the asking price!!!!
What is the point in allowing offers to be made if they have zero interest in accepting them or even making a reasonable reduction??
[/Rant]

Anyway one day I'll have either him or MP10...I swear ;) lol

Neil

Ooooh (not)Ratchet & (not)Ironhide both look SWEET!!!!!!

Very tempted to pick them up now.

The saga of trying to get a Faith Leader goes on :(
There is a seller in the Phillipines offering one for about £90 + shipping BIN or Best offer.
Chucked in a best over trying to get him nearer £60 which is what I want to pay, considering that MP10 is due here in August & won't be much dearer than his current asking price of PP01, anyway I digress.
So the offer he goes in & he counters my offer offering me...$1 off the asking price!!!!
What is the point in allowing offers to be made if they have zero interest in accepting them or even making a reasonable reduction??
[/Rant]

Anyway one day I'll have either him or MP10...I swear ;) lol

Neil

That's taking the piss, had he said $10 it would have been more realistic.

I'll keep a look out for a Faith Leader when I'm browsing the various forums and let you know if I see one around the original price.

It's a shame the 3rd production run was cancelled as I wouldn't mind another myself but they still have the molds so if they can afford it at some stage then another release can't be ruled out.

It's great to see Ironhide & Ratchet are now on course for the July 15th release date and if they can get Brawn and Cosmos out as well then they'll be free to work on the following,

Impactor
( With FP revealing Broadside recently, this should take top priority. )

PP04 Bumblebee and Cliffjumper
( I really hope these live up to the promise showed by the initial art. )

Mini Warriors Gears ( There should be another one revealed soon as the previous ones have been released in waves of 2. )

I'm really not impressed with Igear's Ironhide and Ratchet. I wasn't keen on the sculpts to begin with, but the colouring they've chosen doesn't work for me...too much black everywhere on both of them.

That's taking the piss, had he said $10 it would have been more realistic.

I'll keep a look out for a Faith Leader when I'm browsing the various forums and let you know if I see one around the original price.

It's a shame the 3rd production run was cancelled as I wouldn't mind another myself but they still have the molds so if they can afford it at some stage then another release can't be ruled out.

It's great to see Ironhide & Ratchet are now on course for the July 15th release date and if they can get Brawn and Cosmos out as well then they'll be free to work on the following,

Impactor
( With FP revealing Broadside recently, this should take top priority. )

PP04 Bumblebee and Cliffjumper
( I really hope these live up to the promise showed by the initial art. )

Mini Warriors Gears ( There should be another one revealed soon as the previous ones have been released in waves of 2. )

Tell me about it...I knew I was making a bit of a cheeky offer & thought he'd maybe meet me in the middle then we'd have had a deal but nope just a single $1 :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Thanks buddy I'd appreciate that.
It's strange they did cancel it really, wish I'd got one when they were first out but I honestly didn't realise the differences between them & MP-01 so thought I had one no need for the other :slap:slap

IH & Ratchet both do look so good.

Still not sold on Cosmos...never really liked him as a character so he's been an easy miss for me but Brawn is high on the priorities.

Oh yeah I forgot we are due a Bee & Cliffjumper soon...hope they hurry up & get some prototypes shown, got high hopes for them, loved Cliffjumper as a kid one of my fave Minibots so hoping they do him justice

Hmmm what do you reckon could be shown alongside gears??
I'd like Windcharger but don't really have a preference to be honest (recolour of Huffer for Pipes or Gears for Swerve would even be fine by me)

Neil

Tell me about it...I knew I was making a bit of a cheeky offer & thought he'd maybe meet me in the middle then we'd have had a deal but nope just a single $1 :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Thanks buddy I'd appreciate that.
It's strange they did cancel it really, wish I'd got one when they were first out but I honestly didn't realise the differences between them & MP-01 so thought I had one no need for the other :slap:slap

IH & Ratchet both do look so good.

Still not sold on Cosmos...never really liked him as a character so he's been an easy miss for me but Brawn is high on the priorities.

Oh yeah I forgot we are due a Bee & Cliffjumper soon...hope they hurry up & get some prototypes shown, got high hopes for them, loved Cliffjumper as a kid one of my fave Minibots so hoping they do him justice

Hmmm what do you reckon could be shown alongside gears??
I'd like Windcharger but don't really have a preference to be honest (recolour of Huffer for Pipes or Gears for Swerve would even be fine by me)

Neil

I get the impression the issues with the factories that caused all the delays to Ironhide & Ratchet was costing them a fair bit and they decided to use their resources to get those out the door and they put a 3rd run of Faith Leader on the back burner.

Although the redesign is nice iGear's Cosmos is too Classics-ish for my display and I think it was odd they chose that direction when their other Mini Warriors are so faithful to the G1 designs.

The original image iGear released of their Minibot plans showed the Huff and Seaspray plus silohuettes of,

Beachcomber
Brawn ( confirmed )
Wheelie
Pipes
Powerglide
Cosmos ( confirmed )

Since the first two they've changed scale and revealed an image of Gears so it could be anybody :lol

I'd like Windcharger or a rescaled Huffer but I also really want a Wheelie that's properly scaled and articulated enough to sit on MP Grimlock's back.

As iGear are also making a Sharkticon I think they'll make Wheelie to coincide with the release as they've already shown a picture of several Sharkticons surrounding Grimlock with the Universe Legends Wheelie on his back.

Last edited:
Here's an old image that shows how Ironhide & Ratchet scale to Faith Leader,

ironfaith.jpg

Has an exact height been given for MP Sideswipe & Red Alert?

I might be the only one interested in this guy
fyq2t.jpg

He's definitely not perfect but I've wanted one of these guys to be made since I was a kid.

I get the impression the issues with the factories that caused all the delays to Ironhide & Ratchet was costing them a fair bit and they decided to use their resources to get those out the door and they put a 3rd run of Faith Leader on the back burner.

Although the redesign is nice iGear's Cosmos is too Classics-ish for my display and I think it was odd they chose that direction when their other Mini Warriors are so faithful to the G1 designs.

The original image iGear released of their Minibot plans showed the Huff and Seaspray plus silohuettes of,

Beachcomber
Brawn ( confirmed )
Wheelie
Pipes
Powerglide
Cosmos ( confirmed )

Since the first two they've changed scale and revealed an image of Gears so it could be anybody :lol

I'd like Windcharger or a rescaled Huffer but I also really want a Wheelie that's properly scaled and articulated enough to sit on MP Grimlock's back.

As iGear are also making a Sharkticon I think they'll make Wheelie to coincide with the release as they've already shown a picture of several Sharkticons surrounding Grimlock with the Universe Legends Wheelie on his back.

That was a shame with the factory issues around Ratchet & Ironhide...I do wish they'd done another run of Faith but oh well.

Cosmos was an easy pass for me...he looks impressive but as I said had no interest in the character throughout G1 so little concern about picking him up.

Oooh Beachcomber would be smart...I still have my original release at home, just about one of the only minibots I kept.

I was a bit confused by the Scale change for Brawn & Cosmos.
I assumed it was because Brawn was a larger character in the Cartoon but could be wrong.
Hope they do a reveal soon though :)

I seem to remember seeing Sharkticon teasers a while back.
Now it might just be me but I have absolutely no interest in one of them or Wheelie.
Both did nothing for me really...hated Wheelie with a passion in the cartoon, one of my worst characters.

Here's an old image that shows how Ironhide & Ratchet scale to Faith Leader,

ironfaith.jpg

Has an exact height been given for MP Sideswipe & Red Alert?

Seems perfect scale wise there.

Don't think there has but judging by the teaser pics they look to be between 6-7inches at a guess.
There is one where he is standing next to MP10 Prime & he looks to be a similar height to Ironhide in the pic you posted.

Hope so otherwise scale is off for everything :(

Neil

Back