ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my MP-10 Optimus and MP-11 Starscream. Love the detail and accuracy to the cartoon. But man they are an absolute pain in the arse to transform!! Especially Starscream, there were at least a couple of times I was terrified I was going to break something. That was one of the most frustrating of transformations getting him into jet mode! I wont be transforming these guys too often, if at all!

Now just waiting on Soundwave and Sideswipe!! Hopefully they make a new Megatron in the same scale!

As MP Thundercracker has already been confirmed as cancelled for a UK release it means I'd have to pay import prices even if I did want to give it a go.

So by the time Thundercracker has been out a while the USA will have had the chance to get all 3 MP Seekers at clearance prices.

All the UK got was Skywarp at full price ( the equivalent of around $80 if I remember right ).

Collectors in the USA who don't want to pay for Takara releases have the luxury of waiting for the Hasbro ones, in the UK nothing is certain and this latest in a very long line of cancellations across every line raises doubts as to whether MP Sideswipe, Red Alert & Soundwave will be released here at retail via TRU.

It is BS like this that makes me so indifferent to the blatant IP infringement that all 3rd parties indulge in or iGear's unauthorised loan of the MP01 & MP03 molds and when you take into consideration my feeling that all the regular lines are getting increasingly poor you'll perhaps have a better understanding of why I will now only buy Takara's MP figures or 3rd party stuff.

Oh, I agree with everything you've said. I'm in a similar situation, living in Canada, but then still better off than you I'm sure (should have joined us colonials lol).

I might wait for the Takara TC anyway. I think I would prefer toy accurate colours on this guy, and hopefully that's what they go for. That's the reason I passed on the iGear one, btw.

Finally got my MP-10 Optimus and MP-11 Starscream. Love the detail and accuracy to the cartoon. But man they are an absolute pain in the arse to transform!! Especially Starscream, there were at least a couple of times I was terrified I was going to break something. That was one of the most frustrating of transformations getting him into jet mode! I wont be transforming these guys too often, if at all!

Now just waiting on Soundwave and Sideswipe!! Hopefully they make a new Megatron in the same scale!

Guess I must be used to the MP seeker mold by now. I didnt find there to be any problems with MP-11. Definitely one of my favorite figures. :)

Guess I must be used to the MP seeker mold by now. I didnt find there to be any problems with MP-11. Definitely one of my favorite figures. :)

The hardest part was clicking in the wings correctly with the arms to get into jet mode. And then, once in it was very tight, and then trying to undo them to go back into robot mode was terrifying. I had to use more force than I am used to to pry the wings off the body. I was so glad when they came off and nothing broke!

Oh, I agree with everything you've said. I'm in a similar situation, living in Canada, but then still better off than you I'm sure (should have joined us colonials lol).

I might wait for the Takara TC anyway. I think I would prefer toy accurate colours on this guy, and hopefully that's what they go for. That's the reason I passed on the iGear one, btw.

I wouldn't mind living in Canada actually!

I had no particular preference for color schemes only that they match so iGear's ticked that box as well as several others.

Although I'm really not fond of MP10, I think MP11 is OK apart from the coronation gear but I can't get enthusiastic about it because I think the cash Takara used to develop it could have gone on something more intresting like a unique mold for MP Sunstreaker or MP Blaster to accompany MP Soundwave.

I made an enquiry with Kapow Toys about the arrival of their shipment of MMC Cyclops and they're expecting them on Thursday so I'll get my order in once I've transferred some cash to my Paypal account.

herc.jpg

g1.jpg

wrecknrule.jpg

I'll add iGear's Ironhide, Ratchet & Brawn to the shelf with Prime, Arcee & Grimlock when they arrive and Impactor & Broadside will join their fellow Wreckers when iGear and FansProject release them.

I wouldn't mind living in Canada actually!

I had no particular preference for color schemes only that they match so iGear's ticked that box as well as several others.

Although I'm really not fond of MP10, I think MP11 is OK apart from the coronation gear but I can't get enthusiastic about it because I think the cash Takara used to develop it could have gone on something more intresting like a unique mold for MP Sunstreaker or MP Blaster to accompany MP Soundwave.

I made an enquiry with Kapow Toys about the arrival of their shipment of MMC Cyclops and they're expecting them on Thursday so I'll get my order in once I've transferred some cash to my Paypal account.

I think MP11 has the edge on the iGear version due to the head sculpt, wing design and the lack of those little shoulder things that fold down... Coronation gear aside (which I can't imagine cost much to produce), you should consider picking it up if you find a good deal. It's a worthy upgrade, especially since its Starscream!

Nice display. I've got to get my stuff out of boxes and up like that. I STILL haven't put together Herc. Mind you, we just moved...

I think MP11 has the edge on the iGear version due to the head sculpt, wing design and the lack of those little shoulder things that fold down... Coronation gear aside (which I can't imagine cost much to produce), you should consider picking it up if you find a good deal. It's a worthy upgrade, especially since its Starscream!

Nice display. I've got to get my stuff out of boxes and up like that. I STILL haven't put together Herc. Mind you, we just moved...

I like the color of MP11 as it's the closest to the G1 toy that the various MP's have got and the different headsculpt and other details would set Starscream apart more as being the leader of the Seekers so maybe I'd consider it somewhere down the line but my priority at the moment is finishing off the HT Avengers and then the following 3rd party Transformers,

MMC Cyclops ( Shockwave ) I should have this later this week/early next week :yess:

MMC Hexatron ( Sixshot )

iGear Cogz ( Gears )

FansProject Assaulter ( Broadside )

Glad you like my pics, I think you'll enjoy the moment when you first put Herc together.

Because of the issue with the seller I ordered the last 2 from there was a frustrating gap of several months for me but it was still cool to finally do it as you really get to appreciate TFC's achievement in full.

I think the only one I NEED from that list is Gears. Six shot
Would be cool as well though but well see... Lots of good stuff coming out but I'm gonna have to cut back this year a bit I think. Probably only gonna be a one income household this year, and with a much bigger mortgage lol. Oh well, couldn't be helped. Gonna have to bank on Xmas and the bday even for my Sideshow Joes...

Got to send big THANKS out to fellow LV freak FORSAK3N for getting me the SDCC exclusive Bruticus set. He has a great shop here in town & I wish him the best.

I've just been reading at TFW that Fans Toys have officially said their Soundwave project is dead which wasn't unexpected at this stage but it sucks for me as I'm going to have to hang on and see if another 3rd party has a crack at the character :mad:

The good news is that Fans Toys are still operating so there's still a chance of their Blaster or Shockwave being made :yess:

Sorry, why aren't you getting the official Soundwave again?

I think that the feet have been redesigned too much, it looks like Takara put the legs from another toy on it and I feel it's another case of something being changed just for the sake of it, like the stupid sword sheath things on the original MP Seeker mold.

It's also a matter of principle as I won't buy official TF's unless it's something exceptional like the MP Lamborghinis or MP Grimlock.

For me MP Soundwave falls somewhere short of that and the only thing I'd be intrested in owning from it is the Laserbeak/Buzzsaw mold.

Well mine is preordered and paid for already... Couldn't resist, he's probably my all time fav TF character and toy. I didn't notice the issues you mentioned but I'll post pics and a review when I get it. :)

Well mine is preordered and paid for already... Couldn't resist, he's probably my all time fav TF character and toy. I didn't notice the issues you mentioned but I'll post pics and a review when I get it. :)

Hope you enjoy it when it arrives.

Were it not for the existence of the Fans Toys prototype images I would probably have been more open to the official one but as much as I like Soundwave as a character I'd sooner go without than spend £140 on something that I'd never be 100% satisfied with.

I think that the feet have been redesigned too much, it looks like Takara put the legs from another toy on it and I feel it's another case of something being changed just for the sake of it, like the stupid sword sheath things on the original MP Seeker mold.

It's also a matter of principle as I won't buy official TF's unless it's something exceptional like the MP Lamborghinis or MP Grimlock.

For me MP Soundwave falls somewhere short of that and the only thing I'd be intrested in owning from it is the Laserbeak/Buzzsaw mold.

"Put the legs of another toy on it"??? :dunno

I look at these pics here:
https://www.seibertron.com/transfor...d-alert-updated-with-additional-images/25076/

and all I think is how amazing this looks from every angle!!! He looks great even with his back turned!! Definitely buy for me.

Back