ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green Giant pics: https://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/maketoys-green-giant-175398/

GIANT_61_32_1341585208.jpg

soundwave,
MP Sideswipe & Red Alert had better fit in with iGear's stuff otherwise they'll be straight onto ebay once I get mine :lol

I think they'll probably be OK in robot mode which is all I need really although it would also be nice if the vehicle modes scaled OK as well.

I have been tempted to pick up some of the iGear minibots, but I am not sure if they scale better with the Masterpiece or the Classics?

I have been tempted to pick up some of the iGear minibots, but I am not sure if they scale better with the Masterpiece or the Classics?

Huffer & Seaspray are more or less the same size as G1 Minibots so won't really work with the Classics or Masterpiece lines.

Brawn, Cosmos & Gears are all a bit bigger and should look OK with the newer MP's but Cosmos is the only one that will work with the Classics because the others are too G1 accurate to fit in with the reimagined styling of most of the CHUG toys.

The thing that has to be remembered is that iGear are doing their own scale and how they fit with official lines isn't their top priority. All the PP series and Minibots look OK with each other.

The only major anomaly seems to be that they're planning to make Bumblebee & Cliffjumper in a larger scale than the other Minibots but that's not definite yet as all that's been seen of them is some artwork.

MMC's HoS Shockwave is up for order now. :yess:

https://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/3804/

If you want this, though, ORDER NOW. The first wave will cost $160, but the future waves will cost $190. They miscalculated how much manufacturing this thing would cost them. The first wave is the original price so as to not piss off their fans, but the rest will have a price hike, unfortunately.

It still looks absolutely amazing, though. The metallic sheen it has just completes an already terrific mold. The surprise extra Mini-Me (which is explained as a pilot for the larger robot) looks really cool too, and it's a big plus that he can store in vehicle mode and (apparently) plug into the back in robot mode. :clap

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Shockwave looks fantastic with that metallic finish and it's one of the few TF's I'd actually consider keeping on display in alt mode.

The Hearts of Steel aesthetic is possibly my favorite non G1 style and MMC have done an incredible job on Shockwave, the scale is awesome especially in an age when most official TF's are getting smaller and the drone pilot is nicely incorporated as well.

The only minor issue I have is that the right arm's poseability looks as if it's restricted by the kibble and after the issues people had with HoS Prime I'm also inclined to wait for in hand reports on the QC.

Last edited:

Personally, I mix and match all three and I had a pretty good display going before we moved (I will again, just not yet). Depends on the CHUG figure involved. I don't think a lot of the Classics-style figures work with each other to be quite honest...

I display Faith Leader with MP Grimlock, igear's Mini Warriors and Coneheads, MP-11 and various Henkei, United and Generations TFs and they all look great together.

Notable items shown at SDCC Hasbro Panel:

VOYAGER FOC GRIMLOCK! :hi5:

G2 FOC Bruticus.

Ruination, Wrecker combiner made from a remolded Bruticus. Impactor, Roadbuster, Topspin, Twin Twist and Whirl. Unified colorscheme. Kind of neat, but not a must have.

Voyager Prime Ultra Magnus & Skyquake.

Voyager FOC Blaster, remold from Soundwave.

FE toys to be re-released this fall.

Asian exclusive toys to be imported to the US too.

MP Thundercracker (new mold, with old stand and missiles, cartoon accurate light blue).

Movie Jetwing Optimus Prime (repaint of Takara version)

New Prime subline called Dark Energon. Repaints with translucent plastic. Some cool looking repaints in there though, like Slicer Wheeljack and probably the most badass version of the voyager Megatron mold yet.

You can see all the pics here: https://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/san-diego-comic-con-33/sdcc-2012-hasbro-transformers-panel-live-175415/

Notable items shown at SDCC Hasbro Panel:

VOYAGER FOC GRIMLOCK! :hi5:

G2 FOC Bruticus.

Ruination, Wrecker combiner made from a remolded Bruticus. Impactor, Roadbuster, Topspin, Twin Twist and Whirl. Unified colorscheme. Kind of neat, but not a must have.

Voyager Prime Ultra Magnus & Skyquake.

Voyager FOC Blaster, remold from Soundwave.

FE toys to be re-released this fall.

Asian exclusive toys to be imported to the US too.

MP Thundercracker (new mold, with old stand and missiles, cartoon accurate light blue).

Movie Jetwing Optimus Prime (repaint of Takara version)

New Prime subline called Dark Energon. Repaints with translucent plastic. Some cool looking repaints in there though, like Slicer Wheeljack and probably the most badass version of the voyager Megatron mold yet.

You can see all the pics here: https://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/san-diego-comic-con-33/sdcc-2012-hasbro-transformers-panel-live-175415/

Thanks for the update:)

Voyager GRIMLOCK!!! :panic:

Prime Ultra Magnus and Skyquake look fantastic. I'll definitely be getting those. Also really excited to finally be able to get an FE Optimus.

MP Thundercracker is awesome, but something about him looks weird in that pic.

Haha, that explains the weird colors for the Wreckers combiner: It's an Emirate Xaaron homage!

1p71no.jpg
[/IMG]

While I rather would have more accurate colors, it is rather cool homage considering Xaaron's ties to the Wreckers.

FansProject have made a proper Triple Changer Springer and are also releasing Broadside.

CM Corporation's Mugen Calibur is G1 Roadbuster with better poseability and a nicer color scheme than the original.

iGear are making an Impactor that looks extremely close to the art in Last Stand of the Wreckers and have also hinted that Guzzle, Ironfist, Rotorstorm and Pyro may be somewhere in their future plans as they've made headsculpts for all of them.

Hasbro's idea for Wreckers?

Lazy retools of the pathetic FoC Combaticons :slap

The rest of the announcements aren't even worth looking at.

The complete lack of anything I'd consider owning being announced isn't a disaster though as it'll free up a bit more cash so I'll be able to get MMC's Cyclops :yess:

Last edited:
Fair enough. You got to admit though, that looks damn good, probably one of the best voyagers we've gotten in a long time.

I think the v shaped torso of the robot mode makes it have similar proportions to Animated Grimlock = No thanks

Dino mode seems to be inspired by the discoveries that actual T-rexes didn't walk like Godzilla = No thanks

And if it's a Voyager that'll probably mean it's like a tall Deluxe given the decreasing size of most TF's these days.

So it may be one of the better molds in recent times but that's not really saying a whole lot.

Voyager GRIMLOCK!!! :panic:

Prime Ultra Magnus and Skyquake look fantastic. I'll definitely be getting those. Also really excited to finally be able to get an FE Optimus.

MP Thundercracker is awesome, but something about him looks weird in that pic.

Hes got some odd bits of coloring, not sure what's up with that...

Overall, pretty good. Even if I don't care about MOST of it, there's something for everyone. Even Corsair might want to give the MP-11 mold TC a chance, though I know he's got the iGear version. ;)

so the new thudercracker is the new mold then correct? it sure looks like it in those pics.

Hes got some odd bits of coloring, not sure what's up with that...

Overall, pretty good. Even if I don't care about MOST of it, there's something for everyone. Even Corsair might want to give the MP-11 mold TC a chance, though I know he's got the iGear version. ;)

As MP Thundercracker has already been confirmed as cancelled for a UK release it means I'd have to pay import prices even if I did want to give it a go.

So by the time Thundercracker has been out a while the USA will have had the chance to get all 3 MP Seekers at clearance prices.

All the UK got was Skywarp at full price ( the equivalent of around $80 if I remember right ).

Collectors in the USA who don't want to pay for Takara releases have the luxury of waiting for the Hasbro ones, in the UK nothing is certain and this latest in a very long line of cancellations across every line raises doubts as to whether MP Sideswipe, Red Alert & Soundwave will be released here at retail via TRU.

It is BS like this that makes me so indifferent to the blatant IP infringement that all the 3rd parties indulge in or iGear's unauthorised loan of the MP01 & MP03 molds and when you take into consideration my feeling that all the regular lines are garbage you'll perhaps have a better understanding of why I will now only buy Takara's MP figures or 3rd party stuff.

Last edited:
Back