ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been away from the thread for a little while & just had a look at the TFcon stuff & OMG I need some more money there is SO much awesome shizzle coming up.

Topspin / Twintwist / Headmasters / Predaking :thud::thud::thud:

I have no idea how I'll afford them...anyone need a Hot Toys Iron Man MkIV??? :pray::lol:lol

Neil

Yeah, there's some cool stuff on the way, the 3rd parties are really making Hasbro look poor especially when it comes to Wreckers and combiners.

I just hope that the Mech Ideas Jumpstarters are more like FP in quality than BTS and that iGear Impactor isn't subjected to the same amount of delays as Ironhide & Ratchet.

Yeah, there's some cool stuff on the way, the 3rd parties are really making Hasbro look poor especially when it comes to Wreckers and combiners.

I just hope that the Mech Ideas Jumpstarters are more like FP in quality than BTS and that iGear Impactor isn't subjected to the same amount of delays as Ironhide & Ratchet.

Tell me about it...if Has/Tak took even half the interest in the licence these days that the 3rd party companies are showing then they;d make mountains more cash.

Been looking at the Fall of Cybertron stuff & it looks awful...Bruticus is just terrible & I'm getting increasingly fed up with everything these days cowering to the Bayformers universe, Bumblebee not talking in the new game is the last straw...it was bad enough in the Prime cartoon but now, one step too far for me.

New Predaking has me super interested but updated Topspin & Twintwist are musts, loved the toys & the original UK comic version were awesome

Neil

Tell me about it...if Has/Tak took even half the interest in the licence these days that the 3rd party companies are showing then they;d make mountains more cash.

Been looking at the Fall of Cybertron stuff & it looks awful...Bruticus is just terrible & I'm getting increasingly fed up with everything these days cowering to the Bayformers universe, Bumblebee not talking in the new game is the last straw...it was bad enough in the Prime cartoon but now, one step too far for me.

New Predaking has me super interested but updated Topspin & Twintwist are musts, loved the toys & the original UK comic version were awesome

Neil

Hasbro diehards will make excuses for the markets being different to the 3rd parties which is true to a point but I look at it like this,

Thanks to 3rd parties we have 2 awesome versions of Devastator available.

Superion, Menasor and Predaking are all also in the works.

Hasbro's answer?

A Bruticus that looks like a bad custom in comparison.

Even before the Jumpstarters were revealed the 3rd parties were winning the Wreckers war by offering original molds for Springer, Broadside & Impactor.

Topspin & Twin Twist are just the icing on the cake.

Hasbro diehards will make excuses for the markets being different to the 3rd parties which is true to a point but I look at it like this,

Thanks to 3rd parties we have 2 awesome versions of Devastator available.

Superion, Menasor and Predaking are all also in the works.

Hasbro's answer?

A Bruticus that looks like a bad custom in comparison.

Even before the Jumpstarters were revealed the 3rd parties were winning the Wreckers war by offering original molds for Springer, Broadside & Impactor.

Topspin & Twin Twist are just the icing on the cake.

Yeah I see things the same as you.
I firmly believe Hasbro are now for kids & people who don't see past the Bayformers Transformers (like I've said before I have had to explain to children that my G1 Tattoo's are actually Optimus Prime & not wrong as they are only familar with Bay's versions) whereas the 3rd Parties are for the collector.

Both have their place in the world but not in my collections...G1 all the way & the 3rd party G1 piece's that are inspired by the G1 universe...whilst not strictly G1 looking (the insecticons for example) are what I'll collect & they quite happily fill the gaps that Hasbro seem more than pleased to leave in their marketing & design ideas.

I'd love a full wreckers display like you'll have but I just don't have the room or money :( (sometimes being late to the party sucks)
Best I'll do is the original wrecking pair & pick up Topspin & Twin Twist.

Neil

I couldnt help myself, and just ordered the MP-08 Grimlock. Total was US$215 including shipping to Oz. A bit more than I wanted to pay, but was the best price online. Cant wait to receive it! I hope it goes well with my MP-10 and MP-11!!

Oh it will. Congrats! :)

As for MP Megatron, I think it's a given. Henkei Bumblebee is good for me though, at least as a placeholder until a true G1 version comes along.

I couldnt help myself, and just ordered the MP-08 Grimlock. Total was US$215 including shipping to Oz. A bit more than I wanted to pay, but was the best price online. Cant wait to receive it! I hope it goes well with my MP-10 and MP-11!!
Nice score. Been wanting to get this guy for a while. I guess ill probably have to bite the bullet and pay $200 for him.

Is there any scoop or rumor about a Hasbro MP-11 Starscream yet?

I find it strange that there is a Takara MP-11 Starscream but no MP Thundercracker.

Then Hasbro announce an MP Thundercracker but not MP Starscream.

I prefer the Takara versions since I think the paint apps are better and more to my taste. But you get the feeling that Takara and Hasbro are just messing around with who releases what and when....

Yeah I see things the same as you.
I firmly believe Hasbro are now for kids & people who don't see past the Bayformers Transformers (like I've said before I have had to explain to children that my G1 Tattoo's are actually Optimus Prime & not wrong as they are only familar with Bay's versions) whereas the 3rd Parties are for the collector.

Both have their place in the world but not in my collections...G1 all the way & the 3rd party G1 piece's that are inspired by the G1 universe...whilst not strictly G1 looking (the insecticons for example) are what I'll collect & they quite happily fill the gaps that Hasbro seem more than pleased to leave in their marketing & design ideas.

I'd love a full wreckers display like you'll have but I just don't have the room or money :( (sometimes being late to the party sucks)
Best I'll do is the original wrecking pair & pick up Topspin & Twin Twist.

Neil

And with a 4th Bayformers movie on the way things aren't likely going to improve so outside of the occasional Takara Masterpiece figure I think 3rd parties are the only option going forward for getting G1 characters with their original alt modes as well as modern articulation and detailing.

Have you tried putting your Mark IV on ebay? You should be able to get a good amount for it there.

And with a 4th Bayformers movie on the way things aren't likely going to improve so outside of the occasional Takara Masterpiece figure I think 3rd parties are the only option going forward for getting G1 characters with their original alt modes as well as modern articulation and detailing.

Have you tried putting your Mark IV on ebay? You should be able to get a good amount for it there.

Lol yep I expect just about a gazillion more Bumblebee's & that's about it from Hasbro for the foreseeable future ;)

I have thought about it but considering the charges they incur I'll probably be better off popping it up here & just taking a slightly lower amount.

Whatever it is it will be nice to have some extra towards the impending releases :)

Neil

Lol yep I expect just about a gazillion more Bumblebee's & that's about it from Hasbro for the foreseeable future ;)

I have thought about it but considering the charges they incur I'll probably be better off popping it up here & just taking a slightly lower amount.

Whatever it is it will be nice to have some extra towards the impending releases :)

Neil

The only other Bumblebee I can see myself buying is the 3rd party reshell of the CHUG mold as I should be able to mod it so that the doors aren't on the arms.

I had hopes for iGears pp04 but Cliffjumper looks more like something from the Alternity or Binaltech lines and the proportions of the robot mode are way off.

The only other Bumblebee I can see myself buying is the 3rd party reshell of the CHUG mold as I should be able to mod it so that the doors aren't on the arms.

I had hopes for iGears pp04 but Cliffjumper looks more like something from the Alternity or Binaltech lines and the proportions of the robot mode are way off.

Yeah I was hoping the PP versions would be better but I'm not sold either will wait & see though.

Completely stupid question but what does CHUG mean??
I see it a lot & I've never understood it.

Neil

Yeah I was hoping the PP versions would be better but I'm not sold either will wait & see though.

Completely stupid question but what does CHUG mean??
I see it a lot & I've never understood it.

Neil

C = Classics
H = Henkei
U = Universe 2.0
G = Generations

Here's Cyclops,
cyclops.jpg

cyclops2.jpg

That Cyclops looks really good. I really like the little submarine.

I got my Black Optimus Prime from the Tokyo Toy show today, and it looks fantastic.

That Cyclops looks really good. I really like the little submarine.

I got my Black Optimus Prime from the Tokyo Toy show today, and it looks fantastic.

The big guy has got a few small issues that are a bit annoying but it's grown on me since I first got it and I think I'll probably go back and get the 2nd run version of MMC's Optimus Prime as well as the Seekers when they're released.

The minisub is really good, one of the best small scale TF's I've seen, I remember having a Gobot that turned into a sub so it brought back nostalgic memories of that :)

Which Optimus is that you got?

Back