ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
321099_10150972595480565_919636770_n.jpg

Oh Yeah!!! the best of both worlds

Here you go, a link to my album, including all the WIP pics I took while doing it :D

https://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/nathanial91/My Custom DMK01 Optimus Prime/

Nice. what paints did you use? I have planned repainting perhaps Ultimate Prime, with Alclad chrome, transparent red&blue and some other metallic colors by humbrol.

I generally don't like those movies and almost everything about them sucks a$$. Though Prime isn't that bad. Its definatelly not as cool as a G1 Prime, but not as terrible as bayverse Megatron.

Last edited:
So today after 2 months there was a new addition to something Transformers realted...Some Colour!!!

2012-08-11201854.jpg

2012-08-11201901.jpg

We didn't get loads done in my 3hr session but we did start off with alot of Shading to give some depth to the piece & also as a base for the colour to go over so it darkens it up.

Didn't hurt as much as some of the previous bits but by god did it bleed at the end!! :(
At one point I thought "Hmmm that colour looks like it's green??" only to realise I was bleeding & that Red & Blue make Green lol that was pretty nasty though to think I was bleeding enough for the colour to run green :(

Anyway booked up for another 3 hours in September but that should hopefully see Prime finished.
That does mean though that after that I still have 6 hours to go for Soundwave...this is getting EXPENSIVE!!! :(

Anyway just thought I'd share :)

Neil

Wow, that looks great! I've been wanting to get an Optimus piece for the last 15 years. I'll probably just end up getting a nice Autobot symbol.

Pretty cool Neil. Very dedicated to TFs to go through that pain! When will it all be done?

Lol I know...some might say it's an obsession taking a little too far but I love it that much & my nan passed away leaving me some money & she was my last surving grandparent so I thought what better way to show my love for TF & have a lasting legacy to my all my Grandparents (The others passed away when I was too young to understand properly)

Hopefully by the end of the year.
I've got 3hrs booked on 27th September which should hopefully see Prime finished & then 3hrs booked on 27th October & should see some progress start on Soundwave then & I'd hope one more sitting to finish him off after that.
By the end I'll be about 15hrs in the chair & then I start planning the next piece which will be a cover up on the other leg :)

Neil,
Your ink is coming along nicely, keep us all posted on the progress!

If iGear's shipping is the same as my past orders I should get Ironhide & Ratchet some time in the next fortnight :clap

Thanks buddy, no worries I will do :)

Good news on iGear hope you get them soon...I'm looking forward to your pics when they arrive.

DUDE....thats sick!!!

321099_10150972595480565_919636770_n.jpg

Oh Yeah!!! the best of both worlds

Oh dear that's awesome...I'm a redskins fan but after last season I take my hat off to the Lions, that was some return to form & looking forward to this season.

Wow, that looks great! I've been wanting to get an Optimus piece for the last 15 years. I'll probably just end up getting a nice Autobot symbol.

You should get it done.
It would be well worth it, honestly it's the best thing I've ever done TF related :)

Thanks again for all the comments guys :1-1:

Neil

I just picked up the Weaponizer Prime. He is fantastic, affordable price ($30) with a fun light up weapon feature. He is kinda bulky in the back due to the weapons system, also he is really light (much lighter than any other Leader class) but feels sturdy and has tight joints. I also like how W. Prime's arms lay nice and relaxed.

Transformers_Prime_Poster.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!

I just got my Takara Vehicons and Dr Wu Wheeljack heads sculpt in the mail too. :)

All I need are the two American Vehicons now and I'll be good (PRiD and upcoming FE). Well, and Dreadwing too. I'd probably pick up Airachnid too.

If anyone can help me with those I did pick up a couple more FE Cliffjumpers for trading purposes. :)

Did you get it? I don't see the. We'd but I do remember some thinking even the FE version was too small...

Is WJ face plate worth the $20?

I got an extra US Vehicon. And I'm FE CJless

Yes I got it and still in the box, here's a comparison from online.
7eec2db0.jpg

I just picked up the Weaponizer Prime. He is fantastic, affordable price ($30) with a fun light up weapon feature. He is kinda bulky in the back due to the weapons system, also he is really light (much lighter than any other Leader class) but feels sturdy and has tight joints. I also like how W. Prime's arms lay nice and relaxed.

Transformers_Prime_Poster.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Is the backpack kibble bad?

Nice. what paints did you use? I have planned repainting perhaps Ultimate Prime, with Alclad chrome, transparent red&blue and some other metallic colors by humbrol.

I generally don't like those movies and almost everything about them sucks a$$. Though Prime isn't that bad. Its definatelly not as cool as a G1 Prime, but not as terrible as bayverse Megatron.

I used Tamiya metallic sprays for the red and blue, mica blue and metallic red to be exact. Then for his inner workings and metal bits, I used Games Workshop citadel range, most of the pieces painted individually and by hand but an airbrush was used.

I never saw the original, the BayVerse Transformers were my first encounter with them, so the designs have kinda grown on me :)

WOW, that looks amazing!! How long did that take you to complete?

Well - It started in summer 09 :horror

Was started as a clean Buster repaint/detail and the paint striper I was using to strip the wheels (for chroming) was safe for plastic but reacted with the lube used for the metal pins and made the plastic brittle - therefore makign the front wheels fall off.

No big deal as I can fix that - BUT the paint striper got under my masking and ate the factory pin-striping off of the fenders! :monkey4 I can't fix that.

So I did what anyone would do - :monkey2

After that I decided to make is a forest battle follow up to try and top the first one I did some months before.

This is on and off through winter and then my wife gets pregnant with our first child in sprint '10 and fast forward to the last few months of tinkering with it here and there between projects and here it is. :)

So it's taken a little while to come together. :lol

Thank you!

Well I haven't taken it out of the box yet. Things are moving slowly because we just moved a few weeks ago and the new place is still kind of a mess. Maybe I'll take a look tonight.

I actually had forgotten that I ordered it. The box for it is TINY and I almost missed it in the package.

I got an extra US Vehicon. And I'm FE CJless

If you're up for trading lmk... actually, I'll send you a PM right now in case you miss this. :)

Well I haven't taken it out of the box yet. Things are moving slowly because we just moved a few weeks ago and the new place is still kind of a mess. Maybe I'll take a look tonight.

I actually had forgotten that I ordered it. The box for it is TINY and I almost missed it in the package.

If you're up for trading lmk... actually, I'll send you a PM right now in case you miss this. :)

Thanks! PM replied

Okay, so I looked at this, tried to install it... and no, it's not worth it.

I'm actually pretty po'ed about it. The screw hole pretty much broke as soon as I tried to put it in, with the result that the inside of it is all stripped and won't fit on properly.

I emailed RK about a replacement but I'm not too optimistic about that...

The plastic is the same as a model kit, which is to say not too durable. Not toy durable, anyway. I've heard of the grenade breaking rather easily too.

Might just end up selling or trading this off. I know it could be repaired but I hate having "repaired" toys, even if it's a third party item. :(

Okay, so I looked at this, tried to install it... and no, it's not worth it.

I'm actually pretty po'ed about it. The screw hole pretty much broke as soon as I tried to put it in, with the result that the inside of it is all stripped and won't fit on properly.

I emailed RK about a replacement but I'm not too optimistic about that...

The plastic is the same as a model kit, which is to say not too durable. Not toy durable, anyway. I've heard of the grenade breaking rather easily too.

Might just end up selling or trading this off. I know it could be repaired but I hate having "repaired" toys, even if it's a third party item. :(

Damn, that sucks. Thanks for the info.

Picked up a FOC Shockwave today! One of my favorites, really awesome figure.

Nice, I got the set of 3 in my PoL at BBTS. Just saw Prime and Jazz here locally at Target but no SW.

Got in Fansproject Bruticus today, forgot how a few new parts can do so much for a old toy. Got Warbot Defender coming in tomorrow hopefully.

Got in Fansproject Bruticus today, forgot how a few new parts can do so much for a old toy. Got Warbot Defender coming in tomorrow hopefully.

Congrats!

I think Warbot Defender is FansProjects best release so far, way better than the overhyped City Commander and as a representation of G1 Springer it blows away that crappy retool of the Tomahawk mold that was released recently.

Once Warbot Assaulter ( Broadside ) and iGears Presser ( Impactor ) are out an awesome display of Wreckers will be possible :yess:

Warbot is pretty cool. his only failing is the improper use of diecast, which makes him kinda topheavy.
the perfect effect Arcee has a much more sensible use of diecast.
In her legs to help with posing.

Received my Warbot Defender yesterday & I'm very happy with it. Also got Backfiery & Storm Bomb which are pretty cool. Waiting on the Perfect Effect RC pink version.

Back