ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EDIT
It's just ocurred to me that the MP Bumblebee announcement should effectively kill iGear's along with Cliffjumper and any other Minibots they may have in the works.

Which opens up an opportunity for them to finally get Impactor into production.

Meh, their latest announcements looked like crap anyway.

That said, guys like Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are one thing... Not sure that means other official MP Minibots are coming.

Be cool if they did, though.

That said, guys like Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are one thing... Not sure that means other official MP Minibots are coming.

MP Cosmos. It's only a matter of time.

I'm new to how this process usually goes down, but is it normal that PO's go up without pics of the product?

Exactly why I think they should abandon them and get Impactor out there as with an official Bumblebee on the way and Cliffjumper likely to follow nobody will want the iGear ones.

Even if Shogo Hasui had an off day when designing Bumblebee it'll still look amazing and is bound to sell enough to make other Minibots viable.

Maybe that MP Huffer he did the sketch of back when he was working on MP10 will now get to be made?

Niltusk,
BBTS also jumped the gun on pre-orders for Prowl and Bluestreak. Official pics appeared a short time later although I can't remember exactly how long it was.

So with luck we'll see something very soon.

Niltusk,
BBTS also jumped the gun on pre-orders for Prowl and Bluestreak. Official pics appeared a short time later although I can't remember exactly how long it was.

So with luck we'll see something very soon.

Thanks man :wave

MP Cosmos. It's only a matter of time.

Ha! Somehow I doubt it.

I doubted Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Jazz as well, though. I suppose anything's possible, but then again, I doubted those for different reasons. They are WAYYY more popular than Cosmos, or any of the other Minibots, really (except maybe, and I shudder to say, Wheelie?).

If we do, so much the better. But I'd probably take a new iGear version if released. Ditto Duneraker - I doubt MP Beachcomber is on the books. Season 1 guys, though, maybe... but I'm still happy iGear Cogz is on its way to me. :)

Exactly why I think they should abandon them and get Impactor out there as with an official Bumblebee on the way and Cliffjumper likely to follow nobody will want the iGear ones.

Yeah, any third party company should be very wary of putting any effort into designing key characters right now. Guys like Impactor are the way to go.

I'm game for pretty much anything '84-85. Possible exception being that lame Decepticon camera. Useless.

I'd buy Reflector. Recon isn't useless! :lecture

Wheeljack MP is great news!Im gonna buy Bumblebee too but tbh i rather prefer to see other autobots in the MP line before him.

It's funny that I never realized there was this much dislike toward Bumblebee before. I always just assumed everyone liked him like I did :lol I guess Takara wants to give us all the despised Autobots--Hot Rod, Bumblebee. . .surely Wheelie can't be far behind.

It's funny that I never realized there was this much dislike toward Bumblebee before. I always just assumed everyone liked him like I did :lol I guess Takara wants to give us all the despised Autobots--Hot Rod, Bumblebee. . .surely Wheelie can't be far behind.

Lol get them out of the way fast & concentrate on the better characters after that ;)

Still no sign of the P/O's going up on Anime Export or HLJ yet

Neil

I think Bumblebee is rather unfairly despised, due to the overabundance of the character these days... even back in G1, people thought he was "annoying". I really don't know why, though I can see why he's not thought of as "cool", compared to the likes of Prowl, Jazz, Sunstreaker, etc. But there's a distinct place for him in the ranks of the Autobots and his unique characterization makes him more interesting, rather than if he was just another "cool" warrior-bot.

Ditto Hot Rod, really. We actually get to see an Autobot screw up - big time, but with good intentions - and later rise to the occasion. Why do people hate character development so much? :slap

Wheelie... well, yeah.

I think Bumblebee is rather unfairly despised, due to the overabundance of the character these days... even back in G1, people thought he was "annoying". I really don't know why, though I can see why he's not thought of as "cool", compared to the likes of Prowl, Jazz, Sunstreaker, etc. But there's a distinct place for him in the ranks of the Autobots and his unique characterization makes him more interesting, rather than if he was just another "cool" warrior-bot.

Ditto Hot Rod, really. We actually get to see an Autobot screw up - big time, but with good intentions - and later rise to the occasion. Why do people hate character development so much? :slap

Wheelie... well, yeah.

The thing is I don't think I know anyone who actually disliked Hot Rod when I was kid & I certainly never have.

I always thought he was pretty cool personally.

Bumblebee has definitely grown into much more hatred over recent years.
I never really liked him as a kid but I put up with him, now I just can't stand the sight of him.
Irregardless of that fact I will still buy him because my display needs him to be a proper G1 line up.

Wheelie like most people is just the most annoying little piece of crap ever.
Just a hateful little thing.

Neil

I don't hate Hot Rod because he screwed up. I hate him because he killed Optimus Prime! Fault Bumblebee as you will, he never did that! The animated movie did focus on some really flawed characters--Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, Grimlock. But if you look at the G1 cartoon that was kind of a running theme. Autobots who judged each other harshly (Brawn toward Perceptor), were homicidal maniacs (Cliffjumper), were paranoid (Red Alert), and had relationship problems (Powerglide). Some that got angry at Prime for not valuing them and became traitors as a result (Grapple and Hoist). The list goes on :lol

Definitely interesting to see how Hot Rod rose in popularity over the years. I remember when I first got internet in the late 90's and found a TF message board and people were really passionate about hating him. I don't mind him character-wise but I really do love his G1 design so I'm always up for anything G1 Hot Rod.

The Allmighty, Never To Be Questioned, Holy Scale Chart Of Destiny tells us that MP Bumblebee will be smaller,

It also provides a telling insight into how the Masterpiece line has changed for the better.

Even when Sideswipe was announced a year or so back the chances of getting every character from that lineup seemed remote.

As of today the state of play is,

Already released or confirmed,
Optimus Prime
Sideswipe ( plus Red Alert )
Prowl ( plus Bluestreak and Smokescreen )
Bumblebee
Wheeljack

Heavily rumored to be in some stage of production,
Sunstreaker
Mirage
Hound

If Bumblebee is officially licensed then MP Jazz will have taken a step closer to being reality as VW will at least be open to negotiations on allowing use of the Porsche brand.

Nissan are already on board so Ironhide isn't going to be a problem and with Toyota being another Japanese company I can't see there being any issue with Trailbreaker.

Takara = WIN!

Niltusk,
No problem! :hi5:

Back