ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll get both later this week when I get my TFsource stack. I've read good things about both, and they look fantastic especially Springer.

I have Springer. He's one of the best non masterpiece Transformers I've seen in a very long time.

Niltusk,
Springer was the first mass market Transformer I bought in over a year. Helicopter mode isn't the greatest but the other 2 modes are very nice although the car mode can be a bit fiddly to get everything tabbed together correctly.

Thanks for the replies, you guys have convinced me, I think I'll pick both triples up this weekend. :hi5:

Be warned: Springer is fantastic, but Blitzwing is far less in quality. His shoulders do not stay tabbed in so they're floppy, and the rubber nose cone has trouble fitting over the head. The faces are soft rubber too. Also heard he has some other QC issues, but it varies from toy to toy. Just keep that in mind.

fabled, rumored asian re-release of MP-08. preorder up and going fast.

https://www.lunartoystore.com/products/mp-08-asian-exclusive-grimlock-pre-order

9CTW_L_3_L5B67H8KF2X9_large.jpg

Went ahead and preordered ole Grimmy. At $250 Im kind of kicking myself but I am going all out on this line. Wallet casualties are to be expected I guess. Will be nice to finally have him joining my autobot ranks :)

Be warned: Springer is fantastic, but Blitzwing is far less in quality. His shoulders do not stay tabbed in so they're floppy, and the rubber nose cone has trouble fitting over the head. The faces are soft rubber too. Also heard he has some other QC issues, but it varies from toy to toy. Just keep that in mind.

Gotcha, and thanks. Hes more going to be shelf company anyways, its one of my oddities I don't generally like anything solo, gotta give my toys a friend. :lol

I've been slowly selling off my Transformers collection over the past few months (and I've got nearly 300 figures) but I'm soooooo tempted for Springer and Sandstorm. I told myself I would just focus on Masterpieces, now they're making a wider variety of characters, but I could make an exception for those two.

Ra88,
I'll be more likely to buy Whirl if it looks like the Stormbringer design.

soundwave, Ra88 & lerath666,
Thanks for the thoughts on MTMTE.

I made it to the end of the TPB and I just don't think it's my cup of tea, even the humor was starting to grate by that point, it's like the writers were trying too hard to make characters amusing and the general lack of action wasn't really doing it for me.

I got another compilation in the post this morning, the 3rd volume of AHM which consists of the Spotlights on Blurr, Jazz, Cliffjumper, Drift and Metroplex.

They're all great! :yess:

Last edited:
I've been slowly selling off my Transformers collection over the past few months (and I've got nearly 300 figures) but I'm soooooo tempted for Springer and Sandstorm. I told myself I would just focus on Masterpieces, now they're making a wider variety of characters, but I could make an exception for those two.

I sometimes feel this way...

Then I remember that despite how nice he looks, he's a far cry from a "proper" G1 Springer that can be posed with MP Rodimus Prime or a potential MP Ultra Magnus. His alt modes are not at all G1, and while I liked LSotW, I'm not sure I need him as depicted in that comic.

And if I did get him (that would be the reason, after all), I would likely want to round out the crew by getting all those third party Wrecker figures coming out... and honestly, I'm not sure I need all that stuff. Too much money, not enough shelf space anyway. :)

So far, I've got a G1 MP collection (plus a few third party figures in there), a TF Prime show character collection (only missing Skyquake and Smokescreen), TF Animated collection, Beast Wars show characters (still in progress, not many of those) and somehow a bunch of WFC/FOC figures, most of which were traded to me.

Yeah, that's pretty much enough. I've also got a bunch of G1 stuff (mostly reissues) that I just keep in bins now. :(

Since I got back into TF's in 2007 I've gone through a variety of different lines but have finally managed to whittle down my priorities down to the following,

Masterpieces from series 1,2 & the '86 Movie
Wreckers ( IDW or Marvel )

So far, I've got a G1 MP collection (plus a few third party figures in there), a TF Prime show character collection (only missing Skyquake and Smokescreen), TF Animated collection, Beast Wars show characters (still in progress, not many of those) and somehow a bunch of WFC/FOC figures, most of which were traded to me.

We actually have quite a similar collection going on. Besides my MP's I've got the TF Prime characters as well (missing Ultra Magnus, Predaking, and I'm on the fence about getting Bumblebee), the WFC/FOC figures, and I've been working on the Beast Wars characters too. Which Smokescreen are you wanting for your Prime collection?

We actually have quite a similar collection going on. Besides my MP's I've got the TF Prime characters as well (missing Ultra Magnus, Predaking, and I'm on the fence about getting Bumblebee), the WFC/FOC figures, and I've been working on the Beast Wars characters too. Which Smokescreen are you wanting for your Prime collection?

The new one from the Beast Hunters line. Actually, I'm not even sure he's been released yet... certainly not in Canada!

Oh, I am missing the new Ultra Magnus as well, actually. I did pick up the new (big) Predaking!

BW is going to get pretty interesting if they keep it up with the Generations releases. I'm pretty happy with most of the Season 2/3 originals, but the first season crew generally needs some updating... Rhinox is gonna look good next to my Telemocha Optimus Primal, though!

The new one from the Beast Hunters line. Actually, I'm not even sure he's been released yet... certainly not in Canada!

Oh, I am missing the new Ultra Magnus as well, actually. I did pick up the new (big) Predaking!

BW is going to get pretty interesting if they keep it up with the Generations releases. I'm pretty happy with most of the Season 2/3 originals, but the first season crew generally needs some updating... Rhinox is gonna look good next to my Telemocha Optimus Primal, though!

Yeah he's been released down here. I've got him, but Takara's is show accurate and I kinda want to get that one instead lol. Congrats on getting that Predaking! I'm really loving all the pics of I've seen of him.

The later BW figures are pretty good, and I'd be happy with them as well. Generations Rhinox is just amazing! I'm so excited for him and Waspinator. I've only gotten a couple of them so far, and there at the bottom of my priority but I would love to have a complete BW cast shelf one day.

Yeah he's been released down here. I've got him, but Takara's is show accurate and I kinda want to get that one instead lol. Congrats on getting that Predaking! I'm really loving all the pics of I've seen of him.

Is he THAT much better? I've heard the same about Shockwave, but the domestic one looks good enough for me.

The later BW figures are pretty good, and I'd be happy with them as well. Generations Rhinox is just amazing! I'm so excited for him and Waspinator. I've only gotten a couple of them so far, and there at the bottom of my priority but I would love to have a complete BW cast shelf one day.

I've been trying to get a Henkei Dinobot for a while now (they're fairly low in priority for me too), but maybe I'll just wait and see what happens now, heh.

With Rhinox on the way, it'd be great to see a new Rattrap, Cheetor, Dinobot and Season 1 Blackarachnia. There's little they can do to improve on the Telemocha Optimus, though.

I guess I don't care as much about the Predacons, but I'd take any of them, too. Kind of hope they stick to Season 1 versions, though - they're the ones most in need overall. As you say, the later figures - pretty much Season 2 and beyond - are just fine.

They're reissuing Sideswipe. Glad I didn't spend a ton of money on one.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11736&mode=retail

Good to see Takara responding to the demand and with the improved QC on TigerTrack it should mean the second run is more consistent which should mess things up for scalpers who're charging stupid money for 1st run Sideswipes without mentioning the possible paint issues in their ebay ads.

I lucked out with mine and only got a couple of minor blemishes that aren't noticeable in either mode but I know that wasn't the case for everyone.

The other bonus for a second run is that the proceeds will inevitably help get Sunstreaker into production....Sideswipe needs his bro.

karamazov80,
It's like a conspiracy to stop you getting one for a decent price! :lol

I think there'll be a rerelease of MP11 next year as part of some kind of 30th Anniversary promotion.

We know Wheeljack and Bumblebee ( the first 2 Transformers ever seen on screen in the cartoon ) are on the way so if Takara also debut Megatron V2 and rerelease MP10 and MP11 as well then they'll have 5 heavy hitters on the market during the 30th Anniversary year.

The rereleases would also make sense as their budget for Masterpieces in 2014 may be more limited due to the next Bayformers movie.

Back