ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah sick, so it would be worth picking up the original Quakewave and then picking up this extra arm when it's released? Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I wouldn't hesitate in picking this guy up. Try to buy it from a dealer who's gonna give you the "upgrade" set for free. Luckily, this is what CP did. Can't wait to change mine but it doesn't even bother me anymore.

Yeah, I wouldn't hesitate in picking this guy up. Try to buy it from a dealer who's gonna give you the "upgrade" set for free. Luckily, this is what CP did. Can't wait to change mine but it doesn't even bother me anymore.

I can't get the upgrade yet though, right? Should I buy Quakewave now, then the upgrade. Or way for a package deal with both of them which will eventually come? You reckon?

I can't get the upgrade yet though, right? Should I buy Quakewave now, then the upgrade. Or way for a package deal with both of them which will eventually come? You reckon?

Captured Prey will send them out to everybody who's ordered one whenever the part comes in. Not sure which other e-tailers are doing similar things.

I know, right? Come on 3rd party, there's a template already...improve on it and it already!!!!
porsche-jazz-prototype-alternator-tfkenkon.jpg

147.jpg

I know, right? Come on 3rd party, there's a template already...improve on it and it already!!!!

147.jpg

That might have looked nice a decade or so back but things have moved on since then and like most of the other Alternators it looks pretty poor compared to the current generation of Masterpiece Autobot cars.

The news about Masterpiece Bumblebee has raised the possibility that acquiring the Porsche license may not be as problematic as it was previously so Masterpiece Jazz has become more likely.

If it happens then the potential market for one based on the Alternators design would likely be very small....probably not enough for a 3rd party to take the financial gamble.

As Corsair said, the third parties probably see the writing on the wall, regarding Jazz. I'm fairly confident we'll see an official version.

Huffer, less so, but still... If I ran a third party company I'd probably steer clear of Season 1 anybody completely, except maybe Reflector. Most of Season 2, even.

Season 3 and beyond, though, and stuff like Beast Wars and Animated, sure. Seems fairly safe, and that stuff has enough of a fanbase, too. Not as much as G1, but any of the popular characters seem like they could be announced by Takara at any time...

I think any 3rd party with sense should steer clear of the larger Autobot cars from season 1 & 2 and here's why,

Jazz
( If the VW Group have relaxed their "no war toys" policy and allowed Takara use of the Beetle again then they can probably be persuaded to do a deal for the rights to the Porsche 935. )

Ironhide/Ratchet
( Takara already have a relationship with Nissan. )

Mirage
( The license is strongly thought to have been acquired. )

Hound
( Another license that's allegedly already been acquired. Grapple & Inferno would also become possible with the Mitsubishi license. )

Sunstreaker
( A Lamborghini....)

Trailbreaker/Hoist
( Toyota are a Japanese company....do the math. )

Skids
( Same as Trailbreaker/Hoist only with Honda. )

Tracks
( The Alternator was officially licensed and since then GM's association with Transformers has only gotten bigger due to the movies so I can't see there being any issues. )

So unless a 3rd party company gets some concrete info that says some of those characters won't be made officially they'd be taking a huge financial risk.

The smart move would be to fill in whatever gaps Takara leave....there's presently 4 large dinosaur shaped ones on the Masterpiece roster.

Well, got my Cogz today, and the other one, what's-his-name... Friggin' iGear sent the boxes in a big bubble mailer for some reason, so OF COURSE they got crushed. :(

I am so done with this company. F-you, iGear.

Well, got my Cogz today, and the other one, what's-his-name... Friggin' iGear sent the boxes in a big bubble mailer for some reason, so OF COURSE they got crushed. :(

I am so done with this company. F-you, iGear.

wow...wtf :slap

I've only ever had that once with a collectible and the exact same thing, piss poor packing. :(

147.jpg

I forgot how poor that looked. :lol BT Meister may not be entirely accurate to G1 jazz, but it was an amazing leap in accuracy and toy design compared to this.

Though Generations Jazz blows them both out of the water. Makes me excited for what a MP one will look like too.

wow...wtf :slap

I've only ever had that once with a collectible and the exact same thing, piss poor packing. :(

It's crazy... because I've ordered from iGear directly before and it's always been in sturdy boxes.

WTF is going on with that company???

I can't get enough of this guy! I've heard some people complaining saying this guy doesn't have the switch out face, mine for some reason does. I so wanna get a Quakewave next.

Back