ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been spoiled by the MP figures

I concur.

Since they rebooted the MP line Takara have raised their game to such a level that only a very small percentage of other TF's, whether official or 3rd party have had quite the same appeal.

Which is probably a bit unfair to some of the other stuff but the Masterpieces from MP11 onwards are like my dream line come true so outside of toys based on IDW Wreckers not much else tends to register unless it's being made to go with the Masterpieces.

Not sure if they've been posted here but the latest release dates for the Nissans are,

Prowl = September 28th
Bluestreak = October 26th
Smokescreen = December 14th

So a complete display of the Nissans by Christmas with Wheeljack and Bumblebee to follow in 2014 :yess:

I liked the first game, was intrested in the sequel until Bumblebee lost his voice 5 minutes into the demo....need I elaborate? :lol

Toy wise I only ever owned WFC Bumblebee, I would have got Prime and Megatron had they been bigger.

By the time the FoC figures came round I was Masterpiece and 3rd party only.

I have to admit, I never went out of my way for these figures either. They just kind of "happened" for me.

Saw WFC Megatron, Prime and BB at a Winners years ago at $8 each. I figured, why the heck not? Even if I opened them, and decided to sell them I'd get at least what I paid, and I had just played the videogame at that point so I was into the characters.

I got a whole load of FoC and the other two WFC figures (Soundwave and Cliffjumper) in a trade a few months back, too, which was really in my favour... something I paid maybe $60 for years ago, and it was just sitting around collecting dust.

So now I've got a de facto videogame figure collection, and I'm not entirely sure where to put them. I like the games enough to keep the in-game characters, at least, for now. Wouldn't mind selling or trading FoC Ultra Magnus, the extra Shockwave I got and maybe FoC Soundwave (plus a couple tapes) and Blaster... now that this pack is coming I should probably think of getting rid of Swindle and Blastoff, too...

I dunno - the videogame stuff is basically borderline for me, I guess. Cool, but nowhere near G1 cool. :)

I have to admit, I never went out of my way for these figures either. They just kind of "happened" for me.

Saw WFC Megatron, Prime and BB at a Winners years ago at $8 each. I figured, why the heck not? Even if I opened them, and decided to sell them I'd get at least what I paid, and I had just played the videogame at that point so I was into the characters.

I got a whole load of FoC and the other two WFC figures (Soundwave and Cliffjumper) in a trade a few months back, too, which was really in my favour... something I paid maybe $60 for years ago, and it was just sitting around collecting dust.

So now I've got a de facto videogame figure collection, and I'm not entirely sure where to put them. I like the games enough to keep the in-game characters, at least, for now. Wouldn't mind selling or trading FoC Ultra Magnus, the extra Shockwave I got and maybe FoC Soundwave (plus a couple tapes) and Blaster... now that this pack is coming I should probably think of getting rid of Swindle and Blastoff, too...

I dunno - the videogame stuff is basically borderline for me, I guess. Cool, but nowhere near G1 cool. :)

For that price I'd probably have snapped them up too!

One other design from the games I really liked was Soundwave but the original one was too small and by the time the Voyager was revealed the Masterpiece had taken priority and I don't usually buy more than one of a character....the MP Autobot cars have kind of blown that rule away though :lol

If you have room I would suggest giving them their own display, the only other line they really work with are as pre cursors to the Classics G1 characters.

I liked the first game, was intrested in the sequel until Bumblebee lost his voice 5 minutes into the demo....need I elaborate? :lol

Toy wise I only ever owned WFC Bumblebee, I would have got Prime and Megatron had they been bigger.

By the time the FoC figures came round I was Masterpiece and 3rd party only.

Speaking of MP's I should be getting a 2nd TigerTrack this week :)

Yoshi,
£117 is a damn good deal for QuakeWave. Mine was £130.

It's kinda funny. I like the toys better than the game for War for cybertron.

With the sequel, I like the game better than the toys.

For what its worth Corsair, Give fall of cybertron a chance. YES, the silence bee 5 min into the game. BUT you ONLY play bumblebee forthe first level, which is more or less the tutorial.

The game is amazing. it fixes more or less everything that was wrong with the first game, which wasn't very much to be honest, but STILL.
Amazingly done overall.

I strongly encourage you to pick up a copy, and give it a shot.

Hmm, I find FoC to be a bit less entertaining than WfC... I'm not really sure why, as they are very similar. (Well, maybe that's why!)

I mix the figures, though, which is why I never bothered to get FoC Prime... and as for FoC Soundwave, I think I might sell him too. He's nicer than the first, but too big to go with anyone.

It's kinda funny. I like the toys better than the game for War for cybertron.

With the sequel, I like the game better than the toys.

For what its worth Corsair, Give fall of cybertron a chance. YES, the silence bee 5 min into the game. BUT you ONLY play bumblebee forthe first level, which is more or less the tutorial.

The game is amazing. it fixes more or less everything that was wrong with the first game, which wasn't very much to be honest, but STILL.
Amazingly done overall.

I strongly encourage you to pick up a copy, and give it a shot.

I'll probably give it a go if I see a cheap used copy and I have the spare cash at the time.

Niltusk,
Not yet. Hopefully there'll be something soon.

In addition to their Huffer & Pipes X-Transbots have also revealed what appears to be a realistic alt mode for Windcharger,
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tran...-unknown-car-bot-possibly-mp-windcharger.html

Meh, I don't like the blue used for the arms.

Plus I'm still angry at iGear. And I don't need these.

TRU has removed the MP Soundwave page from their site at some point. My bookmarked link doesn't work and search results find nothing. Wanted to make sure I was ready to order it tomorrow.

I got my new bookcase from IKEA and after assembling it I started moving my TF's over to it today.

Here's the first couple of shelves,

First look at Generations voyager Whirl. Early news reports about it being one of the comic designs was wrong, it's pretty much a straight update of the original toy.

27378166d1374099236-first-look-generations-whirl-daa90aa6ef2911e2bd8822000a9d0df8_7.jpg

I asked before and it got kind of glommed over. Are the Generations releases just a hodge podge or do they scale together?

I picked up the triple changers and was wondering if they go well with the other Generations TF offerings.

Nah, Whirl never looked THAT G1 in the comics. Before MTME he had this design:

800px-Ongoing22_WhirlbeatsMegatron.jpg

I asked before and it got kind of glommed over. Are the Generations releases just a hodge podge or do they scale together?

I picked up the triple changers and was wondering if they go well with the other Generations TF offerings.

Really hodge podge for the most part.

Nah, Whirl never looked THAT G1 in the comics. Before MTME he had this design:

Really hodge podge for the most part.

Thank you! I was looking at the new Generations combiners they just got in at WM and noticed they seemed very small compared to the triplers.

Back