Apple's WWDC 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Apple's WDCC 2010

New hardware is always on the horizon. One could argue waiting until next year for the 4G capable iPhone rather than get this latest one which will still be 3G.

Exactly. I love when people hate on Apple because they always announce new upgrades/software every year. Fact is, you go and buy a new computer (any computer) and its already obsolete by the time you get it out of the box. You just need to realize that unless your last name is Jobs or Gates that you're always going to be behind the curve with the latest hardware.

"2.5 books per iPad." That's pretty darn good IMO. I've personally purchased 8 or 9, but I was planning on using this primarily as a book reader anyways.

"iBooks enhancements. Now you can take notes."

:rock :rock

WWDC14.jpg

Netflix coming for iPhone...interesting considering the limitations now placed with AT&T's Data Plan.

For iPad. There also is a Netflix Queue app but not a streaming video app.

The app uses “Apple’s adaptive streaming to optimize playback over WI-Fi and 3G.” You get full Netflix on your iPhone or iPod touch. You can start movies on your TV or your iPad and resume it on other devices.

Resume on other devices is huge! You can start something on your Computer and then continue watching on your phone!

WWDC17.jpg

iirc, there is a queue manager, but no streaming. Now there is streaming which you won't be able to use on your capped data connection. :thud:

Gotcha. That's what I figured after re-reading that comment. Oh well. I'd have a hard time watching Netflix on my phone/pad anyways. I'd rather just rip a movie or show to it.

HOLY CRAP!!! FARMVILLE ON MY IPHONE....MY LIFE IS NOW COMPLETE!!!!

~~~Seriously?? Let's skip this and get to the hardware portion.

9.33mm thick. 24% thinner than iPhone 3GS. Thinnest smart phone on the planet.

Back