appleseed, takara or HT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

You can definitely see some small wrinkles at the elbow after you bend it. Not sure if this is an indicator of a rip or not...hopefully not...

dsc02862la2.jpg

dsc02861rt3.jpg
dsc02875kf7.jpg
dsc02879xj0.jpg

dsc02874kr3.jpg
dsc02876cm1.jpg

dsc02867wj2.jpg

dsc02864ow4.jpg

Damn those pics look sweet....I still dont know what version I wanna get....

Awesome pics Vangeta!! Deunan is hot! Can't wait to get both Takara and HT Appleseed figures!:chew

Carbo- great shots. I love to see these types of images as well, not just posed and fancy lit shots. It really helps to understand the figure for those that dont have it in hand.

I have a question about Briareos' neck. I see there is a ball joint where the head meets the neck, but is there any movement/ articulation where the neck meets the body/chest area? Like can he move his head forward?

The head doesn't attach fully onto the neck joint. It is rather lose and allows for some articulation/movement. Be careful when playing around with him because the head will fall off if not placed right.

The head doesn't attach fully onto the neck joint. It is rather lose and allows for some articulation/movement. Be careful when playing around with him because the head will fall off if not placed right.

Mine is attached solidly, I pushed it firmly onto the ball joint. I'll have to look at it again tonight to check the full range of movement but I seem to remember it had a good range as under the rubber covered neck it has a true type joint, but the stiff collar on his armour hampers it a little when turning.

Mine is attached solidly, I pushed it firmly onto the ball joint. I'll have to look at it again tonight to check the full range of movement but I seem to remember it had a good range as under the rubber covered neck it has a true type joint, but the stiff collar on his armour hampers it a little when turning.

hmm. What I am asking is not if the ball joint at the top of the neck can move, but if there is any articulation at the base of the neck, where it meets the chest.

His posture in many pics looks very upright, and was wondering if he could slouch a bit.

There is slight movement in the neck. You can move it forward and backward, but not much. The rubber encasing the neck hinders the movement greatly. I tried being a little more forceful with the head and it fit perfectly on the ball joint. Thanks Wookster!:rock

hmm. What I am asking is not if the ball joint at the top of the neck can move, but if there is any articulation at the base of the neck, where it meets the chest.

His posture in many pics looks very upright, and was wondering if he could slouch a bit.

I tried it out last night. it does feel like a true-type neck with a joint top and bottom (i.e base/shoulders and top/head, but the rubber sheath that covers the neck means it kind of springs back after you position it. Hope I explained that OK.

Got mine yesterday and Briaros was missing one of his eyes :( Cornerstore is sending me a replacement, though! :chew

I got both Deunan and Briareos today (also received shipping notice for Takara CG Deunan from HLJ). Due to lack of space I'm going to keep them boxed but took some shots of them anyway. They looks really cool and cannot wait to be able to display them in the future (I'd prefer having them displayed on glass protected shelves): :)

hottoysappleseedbriareohj6.jpg

hottoysappleseedbriareocn8.jpg

hottoysappleseedbriareoyv2.jpg

hottoysappleseedbriareoxr4.jpg

hottoysappleseeddeunan0aj6.jpg

hottoysappleseeddeunan0qu9.jpg

hottoysappleseeddeunan0nm9.jpg

I got both Deunan and Briareos today (also received shipping notice for Takara CG Deunan from HLJ). Due to lack of space I'm going to keep them boxed but took some shots of them anyway. They looks really cool and cannot wait to be able to display them in the future (I'd prefer having them displayed on glass protected shelves): :)

hey jkno, congrat on getting these 2, when you get the takara deunan can you do a comparo review? :D

Thanks guys! :) Love Shirow's work and these figs are great. I wouldn't mind making a comparison review but since I'm going to try to keep them boxed (and HT non-assembled) not sure if I'm the best choice to do it.

Back