Art Figures - 1/6 AF-029 Edward Scissorhands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weren't there two different companies that produced him back then? I can't remember if Art Figures was the better version or not.
I believe the Art Figures had the better headsculpt but the other company had some different accessories like Edward’s white dress shirt/suspenders and red paper cutout accessory.

I forget what other differences there were but I got both to display in both outfit looks. But I don’t think there’s been a update on the other figure since it went on PO.

I believe the Art Figures had the better headsculpt but the other company had some different accessories like Edward’s white dress shirt/suspenders and red paper cutout accessory.

I forget what other differences there were but I got both to display in both outfit looks. But I don’t think there’s been a update on the other figure since it went on PO.

Was that other one (present toys, I think?) ever even released?

Weren't there two different companies that produced him back then? I can't remember if Art Figures was the better version or not.
Present Toys was the other one that has roooted hair along with a deluxe version that comes with the white shirt and grey pants.

Art Figures was deemed the better of the two but Present Toys quickly came out with a render of a new sculpt once the AF version was revealed. However, the Present Toys version hasn’t been released yet

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how this head comes out of the box, will it be styled or a ball of fluff?

Would of been nice to upgrade the hands to metal and genuine leather for this. However still got present toys version with the white shirt to come.

Last edited:
I always praised the previous Art Figures version for showing just how well sculpted hair could really be done, without the need for rooted. It had some of the finest most detailed and most complex hair sculpting I've ever seen – coming from a third party figure at a relatively cheap price that was quite impressive. This new version looks good, but it better turn out well because we know rooted can be unwieldy and unpredictable. I'll stick with the original because this is very expensive.

IMG_4387.jpeg

Overall I think it should be pretty easy and kind of a fun challenge at getting the hair how you want it, curious to see the product they use in it. In the film it was always teased a bit differently every scene being his actual hair and not a wig, so there’s plenty of room for error here.

Curious to see if anyone decides on getting two to style the hair in a more tame manner like this -

IMG_4384.jpeg

I agree it’s a bit expensive for a third party release, but the previous version looked pretty good and no one else seems to want to top it.

I like the base and the outfit looks to be a good enough placeholder, haven’t owned the 1.0. I’d love to see a new HT Artisan version of this with genuine leather like the new T-800, but I suppose this will suffice until that inevitably happens. We need this and an Eric Draven from The Crow from Artfigures or both Artisan HT releases.

Hair looks great here.
How is everyone’s 1.0 suit holding up?
Can’t wait to pick this up.
My 1.0 suit is fine. It’s not made of pleather. It’s pretty much like a waxed cotton material. The straps would be the only real concern but it’s easier to change those into real leather than the whole suit.

My 1.0 suit is fine. It’s not made of pleather. It’s pretty much like a waxed cotton material. The straps would be the only real concern but it’s easier to change those into real leather than the whole suit.
Good to know.
You’d think HT would want to swing back around to this figure, it’s been ages. Anything Burton sells. Is it true that Metal Jon charged someone $4k for metal hands? Insane. Need to see what they look like now.

I’m surprised we’ve yet to see Hot Toys show any Artisan Musicians or Artisans of more one off characters like Edward Scissorhands and Eric Draven, along with a Cobain, Morrison, they’d all be great for it. Makes me remember when I had long hair.

IMG_4392.jpeg

I love the way it displays without a base,
though that’s just inviting trouble. I think this and Returns Catwoman will be standout pieces in a black Moducase DF.

Back