Art Figures: The King

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Chinese don't care about fantasy. And Sideshow has dropped the 1/6 line. Seems very unlikely.

:lol :exactly:

They dropped POTA too and they still shared it with Hot Toys. Believe whatever you want but people were shocked when they announced Bespin Luke DX.

I went ahead and order this but then got to thinking, is this actually a LotR's piece? There's no where on it or the description that says it is.

I don't think it's a licensed piece. Not sure if "bootleg" is the right word, but it's something like that.

Doesn't bother me though. I know who it is. :)

I don't think it's a licensed piece. Not sure if "bootleg" is the right word, but it's something like that.

Doesn't bother me though. I know who it is. :)

That's why the likeness is off then. It's not Viggo by a long shot but I like the price and the outfit.

Nah, it's not intentionally off.

Here's their unlicensed Punishers:

905d70834b55d92653736bf79bddca94.jpg

photo_03_hires.jpg

c3900fc7fb0e775a762c164aa4872ab2.jpg

punisher02.jpg

They aren't perfect, but it's not hard do see who it's supposed to be.

I actually really like the sculpt:

2003_the_lord_of_the_rings_the_return_of_the_king_008.jpg

art-figure-king-003_web.jpg

As I said before, the bridge of nose is too wide, and he's a bit too "sad" looking, but they were obviously sculpting Viggo.

Just bought 2 of these. :)

I did the same last week.

The second will be turned into (the real) "King" Aragorn. Call it what they will, but this is "Black Gates" Aragorn.

I suppose it will likely get parted out, but I don't want to take the chance on missing it.

one's enough for me but I will get and extra sculpt and sword when this is parted out

I'm going to try to get a friend of mine to embroider the tree on mine for me :)

Back