Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who received the invoice for Sam, did you order him and Frodo separately? or together? I haven't got anything yet, but I ordered together.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it too. Thanks for posting, I would've completely missed the email if I didn't know to look for it. Too much holiday spam!

I just order a few of these LOTR figures and I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing out on if I order the 'slim' versions of these. I don't see any other option other then the 'slim' versions. What am I missing?
Also, does anyone know if I preorder from BBTS if they will come with the better headsculpts?

The originals were released a couple of years ago and are long since sold out. Asmus upgraded the headsculpts and changed some of the accessories, and are calling the new release a 'slim' version. It's really more like version 2.0, to be honest. So BBTS will be the newer 'slim' version with the newer headsculpts.

As far as other changes, it depends on the figure. All the hobbits replaced their Lothlorien cloaks with their original cloaks. Pippin and Merry added pewter pint cups, but lost their elven daggers. So you could say they're pre-Lothlorien releases, while the originals were post-Lothlorien, to be accurate. Frodo lost his mithril shirt (which I believe was a bonus accessory anyway even on the original). Besides the cloak change, I haven't noticed any changes to Sam, at least at first glance, but I don't have the originals to be 100% sure.

Aragorn was really the only 'slim' release worthy of that name, because he lost a bunch of his gear - his bedroll, bow, and quiver with arrows (maybe more). He gained an upgraded metal sword, though.

Okay, thank you for that. Think I'll go ahead and order Merry and Pippin as they were missed when SS did them and I have nothing at all to represent those two in my collection.
I just ordered Mouth of Sauron, Boromir, Legolas, and Saruman. Based on what I think of those, I may replace my Sam and Frodo with these guys.

Keep in mind, Fremen, that the Sideshow hobbits are not the same scale as the Asmus hobbits. (SS being too tall).

You may want to replace the SS Sam and Frodo with Asmus's versions, just to keep proper scale.

I have both SS’s and Asmus’ (version 1.0) of Frodo & Sam and even with the sculpt issues I feel those Asmus ones are better than SS’s. The SS ones were fantastic at the time of their release but loose joints really hurt the overall enjoyment of them plus they were just to tall. Their sculpts were good in my opinion though.

Maybe I'll order Sam and Frodo too if the scale is off. I do like the SS ones of those two. They came out pretty well.

This is the first time I've ordered directly from Asmus. After paying the deposit of $20, when do I have to pay for the rest of my Frodo?

Do you guys usually go for free shipping when ordering directly from Asmus? If so, how long does it usually take for you to get your figures?

Do you guys usually go for free shipping when ordering directly from Asmus? If so, how long does it usually take for you to get your figures?

I always go for free shipping to save cost. For their Boromir, I paid them on Dec 6th and they sent it out on Dec 8th. It reached BC on the 14th but due to the holidays etc, it didn't get to Ontario till the 27th. But it's usually less than 2 weeks under normal circumstances. Oh and I haven't got hit with any duties either! Yay! ^^!! Cheers!

GreenLantern, you’re in Ontario, Canada and order from Asmus direct? No duties or taxes so far?! Good to know, I may start ordering this way as well. :rock

I always go for free shipping to save cost. For their Boromir, I paid them on Dec 6th and they sent it out on Dec 8th. It reached BC on the 14th but due to the holidays etc, it didn't get to Ontario till the 27th. But it's usually less 2 weeks under normal circumstances. Oh and I haven't got hit with any duties either! Yay! ^^!! Cheers!

Yup! All 4 (Aragorn, Merry, Pippin, and Boromir) of my orders from Asmus did not get hit with any duties/taxes! ^^!!

I'm in the USA, but I've never been hit with customs fees for any of the figures I've ordered direct from Asmus either. And I've purchased over a dozen from them.

Asmus posted final package pics of Sam.View attachment 385068 FB_IMG_1514898457721.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Okay so I ordered from asmus and went for the free shipping but my order currently has a status of:

31/12/2017 Pending

PP_Standard - Possible Scam: IPN/PDT Price "450.00" does not match OpenCart Total "449.4000". Order needs manual verification

You guys ever see this before.

Back