Attn: Custom Artists!! Newbs, ask Questions here!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So yes, if people could let me know sculptors with ways to contact them, It'd be very helpful!

Well, I know I'm brand new here, and there are certainly dozens and dozens of talented sculptors on the board, so I don't know if it's a breach of protocol to throw my hat into the ring... but assuming it's alright, I'm always happy to do custom sculpts! Unless you've already found someone, of course. :) What are you looking to have made?

Thank you once again, Mr. Anzik! That is extremely helpful...

I finally went with the True Type slim body, which seems to be just the right height and profile.

Now I just need some Milliput, and I can get started! MWAHA!

::whooshes off to order some Milliput::

hi I don't know if this has already answered I haven't gone through the thread.
were can i but the nylon straps for belts etc and thin elastic.
I want to make custom marines for my aliens collection,Ive found a shop that does clips for belts and webbing but so far cant find the other parts

How do you guys go about pricing a piece to sell? Obviously parts cost has to play a big part in that but as far as labor/accessories/craftsmanship etc.

Can some one help me out with mixing the proper skin tone? I cant seem to get this right! I'm using model master skin tone warm, burnt sienna, and skin tone base, what am i doing wrong, my skin looks a bit on the gray side or they come out looking sunburned. Any help would be appreciated.

Kat, Raw sienna, burnt sienna & Titanium white in a 1-1-2 proportion. Then lighten or darken as needed. ie anglo, more white, asian more raw sienna, afro american more burn sienna.

Another option is pre mixed stuff such as freak flex

Well, I'm not the best painter but the base mix I use is:
one drop burnt sienna, raw sienna, 1/4 or 1/2 drop orange and white to tone it down. Start with about 4 drops white and continue to add until you have the tone you want. I add drop of water as I go to thin out the paint. I usually do 10+ coats for the base.

I figured I'd post this here rather than make a new thread. Does anyone know anything about lonnie at HeroHeads? I just happened upon his site and wanted to know if he was still active and, if so, what his turnaround time was like.

Hello, I'm trying to paint teeth on a polystone staue. What is a good recipe for color? I found this color on the model master website-Hellgrau RLM 77. Is that too gray?

Hello, I'm trying to paint teeth on a polystone staue. What is a good recipe for color? I found this color on the model master website-Hellgrau RLM 77. Is that too gray?

Hi!

The best recipe I found for teeth is a mix of raw sienna, a bit of payne's grey and white. Get a good amount of white, add a bit of raw sienna and a bit of payne's grey, which is a blueish grey. Teeth are not white, they are off white and the grey gives that tinted color to it. If it is a monster type character, add a bit more sienna. If it is an old character, more grey too. If it is a superhero or female, put very little Raw Sienna so the teeth don't get too yellow.

By the way, make sure to mix the paint with some Windshield washer, which is that blueish liquid you put in your car for the windshield wipers. It has the right amount of water and alcohol and it will help to thin the paint. You don't want a thick paint. Just don't use too much that it becomes too liquid. You want a mayonnaise type consistency...

You can find the windshield washer liquid at Target or Walmart....

Hope this helps....

Bear

My Mark III HT Iron Man has some marking around the face area of the helmet. What color gold paint would I need and is it really just a case of repainting the entire surface to blend it in?

Many Thanks.

is there any way to convert the sideshow lsb into a full size statue?

thanks

Okay, so I have some questions for a diorama I am making for my Ezio Auditore statuette from Assassin's Creed 2.

Basicly, I'm making a room with artwork from his time (Mostly Leonardo Da Vinci's work) and I have chosen three pieces.

mona_Lisa.jpg

22leonardo-da-vinci-lady-with-an-ermine.jpg

and

22Leonardo_da_Vinci_La_belle_Ferroniere.jpg

The Mona Lisa, the Lady with an Ermine and La Belle Ferroniere.

The problem is, I want the sizes to be as realistic as possible, but I don't know the exact sizes of the real life artworks.

My figure is about 21cm high which is about 8.2 inch.

So the question is, what sizes do I need to make these to be accurate?

Thanks in advance.

the scale of the figure divided down. i dont know that figure so cant tell. if it's 1/6th divide the painting down by that ratio.

the scale of the figure divided down. i dont know that figure so cant tell. if it's 1/6th divide the painting down by that ratio.

And there's my actual problem, the figure is about 8 inch high so I don't know what scale it is.

Back