Avengers: Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said before. I think the thing about Wanda and Pietro is that they did first appear in X-Men but they have been Avengers WAY longer than they have been a part of X-Men comics. They were in like, X-Men #4 back in 65' but then instantly just got moved to Avengers #15 later that year and have been part of the Avengers rather than X-Men ever since. Least that's what I always assumed why we share those characters. First appearance in X-Men for a few months but have been Avengers for decades.

Not according to this:
https://www.thegeektwins.com/2014/04/why-is-quicksilver-in-two-movies-x-men.html#.VAhVz_ldWdQ

Both studios own the rights to the characters specifically because of mutant and Avenger labels. I think Marvel has some wiggle room if they really want to go after Wolverine. Spidey not so much.

Selective reading.

That is an article mainly consisting of someone just going on about what they think, in particular when they say "Fox own mutants and Marvel Studios own Avengers."

The important dialogue is the old quote from Feige (who actually has some say in this discussion)

"There are only a handful of characters that occupy that middle ground,"

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver... who else? It most certainly won't be Wolverine or Spider-Man. IF anyone from the other studios was to have the right to occupy the middle ground it would be Beast, who was an Avenger long before Wolverine and Spider-Man. I think Marvel are rightly going to focus on the 40 years of history the Avengers have before Wolverine or Spider-Man joined.

If I was to guess another character who shares the middle ground it would be Viper (Madame Hydra).

Wolverine and Spider-Man became official Avengers in the 2005 comic New Avengers, these contracts were drawn up long before then so it's nigh impossible that they were explicitly included for all parties. Also if Marvel was to enter negotiations into using Wolverine or Spider-Man, Fox and Sony would say no, purely because why would they split the profits? They wouldn't.

Selective reading.

That is an article mainly consisting of someone just going on about what they think, in particular when they say "Fox own mutants and Marvel Studios own Avengers."

The important dialogue is the old quote from Feige (who actually has some say in this discussion)

"There are only a handful of characters that occupy that middle ground,"

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver... who else? It most certainly won't be Wolverine or Spider-Man. IF anyone from the other studios was to have the right to occupy the middle ground it would be Beast, who was an Avenger long before Wolverine and Spider-Man. I think Marvel are rightly going to focus on the 40 years of history the Avengers have before Wolverine or Spider-Man joined.

If I was to guess another character who shares the middle ground it would be Viper (Madame Hydra).

So where in here do you explain why Wolverine would NOT occupy that middle ground?

So where in here do you explain why Wolverine would NOT occupy that middle ground?

Wolverine and Spider-Man became official Avengers in the 2005 comic New Avengers, these contracts were drawn up long before then so it's nigh impossible that they were explicitly included for all parties. Also if Marvel was to enter negotiations into using Wolverine or Spider-Man, Fox and Sony would say no, purely because why would they split the profits? They wouldn't.

Plus I'm just being realistic.

I like this image. Makes more sense if we say studios own characters.

Marvel-Characters-Movie-Studio-Ownership.jpg

Back